the Rift

[OPEN] Snowflakes

Sielu Posts: 47
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 5 years :: Orangemoon
Angel

Sielu
the one to see you through your darkest times

The snow was all around me, falling in delicate little flakes. The heat of a mild tallsun ravaged the land below, but this place seemed as cool as ever—feeling the early effects of an orangemoon that would be visiting soon. Birdsong, Tallsun, Orangemoon, Frostfall. Those were the seasons of Helovia—Da had schooled me during our travels across the land. I’d been born in…Orangemoon? When the leaves started to shed their pretty green colors, changing like little butterflies into vibrant hues of amber, gold and violet.

Pink tongue lavishes out between the folds of hued flesh, it sticks stubbornly out in the air. Waggling all the while as my lean body carries me higher into the hills in a waving formation that better suited a child and not an adolescent filly on the verge of adulthood.

Regardless of who might be looking I tried stubbornly to catch even a single flake upon my lips, hoping that it would remain long enough for me to taste the pale mountain cold. This air was crisp and drifted out in a curling mist that seemed to mimic the smoky mane I carried.

If Da had been watching he might laugh at my foolish attempts, perhaps chide me from attempting them and possibly wish for a more elegant daughter. But alas, I’d left him a few mounds back—and was stretching my limbs for new horizons. (Or at least a few hundred or so yards) I was still within bleating distance of his ears.

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy

Gentle, graceful steps are taken outside the borders, cautious and hesitant. Muddled pillars swing in an even two-beat rhythm, cloven daggers striking the fresh covering of snow. The clouded, darkened sky rained down upon the duo cold snowflakes, each holding intricate and unique patterns. Beside her with engraved antlers high is her ever loyal friend. Never does his loyalty waver, never does he falter in his steps— now that he is a matured young beast.

Together they clear the Arch, letting the scape of the Basin fall into nothing but a blur behind them, a distant dark area placed against the white of the wasteland. Something is whispered, a voice familiar to her leaves words etched into her mind, alerting her of a nearing childe. With ebony auds flicking forward at an attempt to hear the approaching stranger, she lays them to ease when she sees what it is.

A girl with violet hues dances across the snow, pink tongue slithering out from beneath dark lips. Darker supports fly across the ground, dark hooves spraying cold snow along the ground. The way she moves along makes the roan beaut long for innocence, for a time her mind was cleared and darkness was only in the deepest recesses of her mind. She watches longingly as the purple fae waltzes across the open plain, smoky blue locks twirling around her, merging with the blue of the world around her lavender bodice, lashes batting and dual-colored eyes flickering.

Approaching her hesitantly, somewhere in the mind a memory surfaces, revealing a youthful face of lilac accompanied by a figure of shadows and crimson tassels. A moment of silent thought, jade eyes wandering across the younger filly's frame, recalling a faint memory buried deep within her past. This hued face had been seen before, seasons ago during her months of care free prancing and innocent smiles. A look of hurt falls upon her formerly blank canvas, the brush strokes jagged and rough, portraying her pain. Trying to soften the strokes of emotion upon her face she parts soft, dark lips, singing a sweet and friendly melody. "Hello again—" she murmurs, warily taking a step off to her left, the ashen figure of her bonded standing like a sentinel of the night at her side.

"Speech."

FROST FYRE
lost in a time of bittersweet innocence.

image credits
Dawn is coming
open your eyes