the Rift

[OPEN] When we were small.

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme
Ulrik
the engineer

Ulrik watched what he assumed was a power struggle taking place within Rikyn, and he raised a brow slightly. The response was polite, but strained. The Engineer listened quietly, nodding when Rikyn told him that his cousin did not seem to like Illynx much. "Well, first, you do not have to call me sir, and if you don't want his advice, it's your choice not to take it. You don't have to obey everything you hear," he said genuinely. "As for my cousin not liking Illynx, I think that he believes her weak and unable to control Deimos," he said quietly, brows furrowing. "But to be honest, I've never asked him, so I don't know." Ulrik looked down at the boy, hoping that that would satisfy his curiosity for now.

When he looked down at his hooves, Ulrik raised a brow, indicating that he should continue to speak his mind if he was up to it. What he said was surprising, and the stallion snorted bitterly at the mention of who he thought to be d'Artagnan. "Your mother is a very powerful woman, different than Psyche, the leader before her," he replied, unperturbed by the accusations against Illynx. "Illynx is changing the herd in ways that some may deem radical, and our species does struggle with pride. She has not been here in this herd as long as most of us, and I believe some tension may arise from there." Ulrik smiled a little as he thought of the woman who had seduced him completely and bore him this handsome child. "Everyone here trusts her, or they would not follow her," he said honestly. "But not everyone will like her, just as not everyone likes me. That red stallion you spoke of? d'Artagnan? He called me a useless knitter, so he is just a grumpy old jackass who has nothing to do but judge others to escape the misery of his own pointless existence."

Okay, well yes, that was incredibly bitter, but he was still not over the slights d'Artagnan had foolishly dealt. Ulrik sighed. "d'Artagnan was a good doctor, is a good doctor, but he tends to speak before he really knows what is coming out of his mouth," he finished, knowing that he shouldn't exactly be teaching his son that they were surrounded by idiots. Such truths this early on would only crush his spirits. He had to live for a little while with the naivety that the world was full of smart friends who always acted in their best interest. "We may question your mother, Rikyn, but we all believe that she is a good leader. She has proven that much. But, as you well know, sometimes, she's not easy to get along with."

The Engineer offered to do whatever his wanted, and he could not help but feel guilty when his eyes lit up. Did the kid never get to do what he wanted? Did Illynx have him so far under her hoof that he could breathe and nothing else? What he wanted was surprising, but Ulrik felt his chest tighten, proud that his son was interested in his work.

The stallion nodded, quickly weaving his son a bag and draping it over his shoulders. "Come, lets get some metal and I will show you what I know." Ulrik picked up a languid canter, running with his boy across the fields and reaching the storage cave. "The coppery colored metals are good to transmit spark," he instructed. "The silver ones are harder and better for armor, but I do need both." Ulrik took some of the metal into his own bag, and once they were done, he lead his son back to the sentinels.

But he had no intention of working on this them time. "Tell me, Rikyn. What is your favorite creature?"

Image Credit to Imi

(Please tag me in every post)

Messages In This Thread
When we were small. - by Rikyn - 07-21-2014, 01:42 PM
RE: When we were small. - by Ulrik - 07-23-2014, 07:34 PM
RE: When we were small. - by Rikyn - 07-24-2014, 10:08 AM
RE: When we were small. - by Ulrik - 07-25-2014, 03:38 PM
RE: When we were small. - by Rikyn - 07-26-2014, 11:27 AM
RE: When we were small. - by Ulrik - 08-11-2014, 01:20 PM
RE: When we were small. - by Rikyn - 08-14-2014, 10:53 AM