the Rift

[OPEN] !! What Would You Do
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

I’d introduced the pair to Hidden Falls with premature remark, neither had actually seen the real gem that Earth had created. It lay hidden behind those walls; said looming cliffs overhead were surely impressive in their secure stance. Patched limbs carried on just as Laedere began to question on how one would gain access. A small grin slide gently forward, one that they likely didn’t see due to an angled frame that was turned far from prying eyes; yet it remained all the same. “This way, and mind thee footing – water can make yon rocks slippery.”

Another mare appeared from the direction we just traveled up, unadorned crown turned to regard the creamy girl. Before much curiosity could be mustered she spoke up and announced herself as Drom, a clanmate. I nodded, bending chin to tap against the honeyed gem emended in my silver collar, "Well met Drom," she was unfamiliar to me, likely another newblood, "I am Midas, Czar of Hidden Falls." To my company I motioned toward the dappled sand child, "Africa, Sultana of Dragon's Throat," eyes shifted kindly over to the painted woman with a wounded wing and worn expression, "and our new friend, Laedere."

Formalities could be continued along the way. Instead of lingering around for more chatter I pushed on, the stones clicking with each tapping hoof; gold spread beneath my feet. Scattering in plain view before disappearing as this presence fled that particular spot. Granite and various varieties of soft quartz pitched into a well formed path that seemed to angle alongside the smooth cliff. Our wounded friend asked if there was a place to rest, I nodded, shifting neck round, “Aye, just ahead.”

On the rocky steps there was ample space for a horse of larger girth to manage this climb; I leaned forward and started on again, leading them up said path and into a cave that lay behind the towering waterfall (which offered itself a natural shield against those that might do us harm.) The air inside the cavern was cool and moist, liquid dripped from the carved walls and a bright light glimmered at the other side. Tiny, insignificant droplets were struck by sunlight, they littered shimmered and seemed to nearly glow.

I maintained a steady pace and in a moment we'd passed back into the sun. Emerging on a shallow cliff with yet another waterfall coursing powerfully alongside. Our vision is treated to a bowl shaped mountain scape that stretches in all directions, timber of various size and color rise from the ground where snaking streams turn into rivers and those bending waterways form distant lakes. Coniferous trees litter the valley and climb along the stones, more rapids slide down in powerful waves at various points and different elevations.

A small slice of paradise for some.

Angling toward the edge I motion down and show them the path that would carry us forward and down to the lowest elevation.

Our colours come alive when I collide with you
with you, with you
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
!! What Would You Do - by Laedere - 07-23-2014, 01:11 AM
RE: !! What Would You Do - by Midas - 07-23-2014, 01:21 PM
RE: !! What Would You Do - by Africa - 07-23-2014, 08:09 PM
RE: !! What Would You Do - by Laedere - 07-26-2014, 12:04 AM
RE: !! What Would You Do - by Dröm - 07-26-2014, 01:35 PM
RE: !! What Would You Do - by Midas - 07-29-2014, 08:54 PM
RE: !! What Would You Do - by Reizend - 07-29-2014, 10:38 PM
RE: !! What Would You Do - by Laedere - 08-12-2014, 01:09 AM