the Rift

[OPEN] Edge Lunar Eclipse Party [Song and Dance]

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit
"Hush Resplendence," he chides softly, approaching in a soft swirling of cherry blossoms with calm blue eyes and peacefully set features. The winds that had moments ago stirred the air so viciously around the Moon Doctor's hooves are placating, swirling a few cherry blossoms to land in her tresses almost lovingly. There is an air of peace as he strides slowly into the small gathering, Aurelia departing as he arrives. He elongates a single wing in an attempt to stay her momentarily, turning and regarding her for a long moment before speaking. "This is a time and an area of peace, Aurelia. My qualms with you do not follow us here. You may bury your companion where you wish, we will abide her burial with respect and the echo of dragon song. But it is your choice. Be well." He knows she is determined in all she does, and so does not extend the invitation to rejoice with them. Part of him selfishly does not want her there, wants to chase her from the island with snapping teeth and flared wings. However he has more control than Resplendence and conceals this desire. No matter how he may want to chase the pale exile away, he would rather have her presence not ruin the celebrations about to take place. Shuffling his wing back to his side he moves to press his muzzle gently to Resplendence's cheek.

"Your protection is honorable, zus aardbei. But let it come later. It is a time to celebrate, and we shall not let her ruin our joyous occasion." It is with a firmness that he speaks such, smile lighting up pale blue eyes. He will have fun no matter how much Aurelia tries to ruin it, and he will certainly not bow to her level. "We do not stoop to her level of pettiness, zus. We keep our heads high and conceal our anger when we step upon this island, if only in the name of the peace we attempt to uphold. Blood comes on the battleground." For he is still a warrior at heart after all. Hoping he has not upset her, for despite the chiding it is soft and well-meant, the King brushed his long flight feathers against her flank in a soothing manner before turning into the fray of those gathered. One is not of his flock, and he approached with a smile.

"Good eve m'lady. I apologize, such dramatics are not normally prevalent. It is an honor to have an array of different herd members here to celebrate the Goddess." Turning to Kahlua he extends a pale muzzle to her in an attempt to greet her, eyes soft. "You look beautiful, my Queen." His compliment is as softly spoken as all his previous words, for he is feeling rather sentimental that day, thankful for all the Moon Goddess has ever given him. A herd, his position as Wing Leader, and then his promotion to King...the chance to lead the kin he loved so dearly. His title as Storm Bringer. She deserved every celebration, in his eyes.

His voice is deep and thick like thunder, and it echoes solemnly across the grove of pink-flushed trees as song begins to well up in his chest. A warrior he may be, but the gift of song lay in his lungs and heart just as proudly as any scar upon the hide strung along his bones.

"Come a little bit closer, hear what I have to say
Just like children sleepin', we could dream this night away.

But there's a full moon risin' - let's go dancin' in the light
We know where the music's playin' - let's go out and feel the night.

Because I'm still in love with you - I want to see you dance again
Because I'm still in love with you - On this harvest moon.

When we were strangers, I watched you from afar
When we were lovers, I loved you with all my heart.

But now it's gettin' late, and the moon is climbin' high
I want to celebrate, see it shinin' in your eye.

Because I'm still in love with you - I want to see you dance again
Because I'm still in love with you - On this harvest moon."

The song was intended for a voice higher than his but he didn't care, deepening it and letting the love song flow from his lips with the same rich bass he always spoke with. And maybe he was no dancer, and maybe it was childish to be seen dancing when he was the King, but he didn't let it hold him back. Hooves tapped out a slow rhythm to the song as he kept pace, drifting among the small crowd as he smiled and tried to entice them into a dance of their own, perhaps even one to join his. His eyes met Kahlua's and he smiled. Maybe it was a love song, but it spoke so strongly of dancing and celebration, and love was a word meant to be a canopy. Familial, parental, kinly love...love was what the Edge was based upon in many ways. It wasn't a perfect song like Kahlua had constructed, but it was the only one he knew, and that was good enough for him.

KAJ
I'll bury my love in the moondust
image credits
table by whit

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Edge Lunar Eclipse Party [Song and Dance] - by Kaj - 07-24-2014, 06:04 AM