the Rift

[OPEN] Edge Lunar Eclipse Party [Song and Dance]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

She was shattered. Inside and out, she was broken, not knowing how to repair her life anymore. The only ones she knew who could shed any light or wisdom on the course the world had taken were the gods. Shards of her heart chinked heavily in her chest as she approached the shrines, overcome by the waves of rolling heat that stung at eyes that dare not cry anymore. Ophelia wanted to cry out with her pain, beat herself against the stones she looked at and beg to know why everything had been taken from her, but she knew she had to be strong. The God of the Sun nor the God of Time looked down upon such emotional outbursts well.

But, the single thread holding her together was already frayed and thinning. Instead of praying to a dead stone, her hooves met a softly swirling cloud, and she looked down with cold eyes. Was this her end then? Would death finally release her from the agony of today and tomorrow? The cloud solidified beneath her, carrying her upward, and she looked toward the stars, thinking that she might be one soon enough.

She felt guilt at her willingness to disappear entirely, leaving behind her family, but she could no longer face the growing destruction her life had become. So, when the cloud carried her to an island in the sky, music and song filling her ears, she was sure that she had joined the gods in the afterlife. Like a ghost, a shell of her brightness, she walked into the celebration, but soon enough she realized that all of this was still real.

A singe of disappointment and a sigh of relief escaped her throat, and she watched listlessly at the festivities hosted by what she assumed was the World's Edge. Tinek followed suit, his silver head hung as he sat upon her hips, breathing slow and cold as frost clouded from between his fangs. Ophelia watched to join them in song, to dance and revel in the beauty of this place, but all she saw was red, blood, and death. She was empty inside, and the motions would be forced.

"Beautiful song," she whispered gratefully to the two singers before turning to leave, not wanting to be the cold water doused over the warmth of the party.

A lifeless face that you'll soon forget
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by Roni

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Edge Lunar Eclipse Party [Song and Dance] - by Ophelia - 07-25-2014, 12:27 PM