the Rift

[OPEN] Edge Lunar Eclipse Party [Song and Dance]

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

FOR FAILURE TO STAY UNDER 1000 WORDS—Summary Below

Summer in the Basin still did not render it warm enough for the heat loving gold to keep himself there for very long. Seeking the warm southern wilds the gold had traversed across the lands to a more desolate place. Watching from afar the golden son hesitated. A thin narrow strip of rock, the southern sea lashing out at either side. Harks lean back. He’d seen the land, that was enough to call it explored right? With a snort the beast turned to leave, but the wind blew from behind him. It pulled about his tassles and pushed him on, but it carried a surge which sent shivers down the brown stripped spin. Harks pulled back up in curiosity and he turns the Spanish neck back round to look again. No one stood on the rocky ground, but the blood pulsed through his legs, demanding a surge of movement. With earth eyes watching ever closely with growing suspicion he moves forward into the rocky lands. The Veins of the Gods.

Cloven hooves picked their way through the rocks at a brisk and extended two pace. Shaking his head the gold pulled it down to feel those muscles there, classified with his breed, pull and rush with heat, sending chills down his spine. A relief and he tosses those twin horns back up as endorphins begin to flow through his blood. That was the only positive aspect about this further exploration. The land was nothing but rocks leading to a mountain beyond. Earth eyes could barely see it beyond a low lying fog to the right. Warming sides heaved and the gold slowed. Nothing was here, and the strange sensation had not been felt again. Harks leaning back the gold body turned to go. Just as the clouds parted.

Frozen. It and he were frozen. Above the sea beyond, rose above its reach, a floating island. The gold would be glad he discovered it alone, for an open mouth is not very attractive, nor bug eyes. Captivated by this. Eyes searching every aspect he could see. A breeze blew off of the sea behind him and pushed him forward and in a trace of shock the gold steps forward. Hoof falls slightly onto something soft. Harks pin and look down to find one of the clouds. Tilting his head the cloven hoof was raised and lowered, but the cloud held. Looking doubtful the golden son put a second hoof onto the white puff. It held. Smirking and looking towards the island beyond the shore, he steps fully upon the cloud. The breeze from behind blows again and up he goes.

-----

It was so peaceful here. Quiet. Serene. The pink cherry blossoms blowing up into the wind of the skies, and the sound of falls and rivers never far beyond. All in all, for the golden it was utterly boring. As he walked about the ramparts of the island and through its heart he found not many things of interest. There were a few creatures on the isle but he’d kept his distance. Dark was falling and even though the moon shown bright above he moved from the edges of the isle to find shelter in the center for the night. The gold was slightly disappointed not to have found more on the isle. Being new he thought it only part of Helovia, and not a new occurrence. So it never dawned on him to tell the good news or look for others. With his recent raise in status in the Basin and the trust (or at least that’s what he was calling it) of his lady caused his lips to spin in excitement for planning her future.

The ground flattens. Trees fall away, and he finds the center of the land, four tents. Each was decorated to resemble the herd lands he finally decided. The Basin’s was easy enough to find, with its blue banners flapping about in the evening air. Shadows moved about around and in it. Harks lean back and eyes narrow, he had had enough ‘herd bonding’ for a while. As he struggled to see through the light though who moved in its shadows, the world grew darker. A first he fought it, then stamping his hoof and flashing about the cattail he looks about. Those earth eyes find the moon just disappearing behind a shadow. With wide eyes he watches the eclipse and the moon vanish, but a fire lights in his eyes and song lifts his chest.

The source is found in a tent to the side of the Basin. Harks listen close, he knows that voice and light heart. A wicked grin rises in the dark. The deep darkness hides his golden pelt and white tassles much better, to where he was nearly completely hidden. Delighted with this, the gold decided to use it to his vantage and find what other creatures called the Edge home. Besides the fact, possibly continuing his fun with the damsel girl. The gold thought nothing of any protection she might hold in company. Her heart felt for him, he believed and that was his ticket into this party. Coming up from behind the tent to the darkest side the gold hides deep within the shadows, but with a lovely view of the scenes unfolding.

The damsel was indeed not alone, a cream mare dipped in every end in red keeps her company. It holds the gold back. This for the best, as another comes from the shadows and nibbles on grass. Earth eyes see her closely, body was sagging but tense. She was not engaging in the circle but was obviously watching all around her. Nares were brought a small breeze and found her to smell of heat cooling, salt, and sands. He knows these well. He lived in a place much like this one. Forty horseshoes said she lived in the Throat. Wicked grin grows. What on earth though was she doing here acting as such before the damsel?

Other voices sing into the night but the golden is having too much fun with the mystery before him. Then something snapped. Or rather, someone. Stomping hooves caused the gold to look up and he listened with a grin as she spit towards the gold and cream bird. Burned another herd? Attack a leader? Cause war? It took all he could not to giggle with delight. One name was at least discovered, Resplendence, the red dipped dun. The wind picks up and the gold expects brawl, but the red dipped equine has more restraint than first thought, and turns. But the gold mare wasn’t done. The tension she’ been holding breaks forth and the gold watches with wild eyes. Its like a soap opera. An alliance…who offered the Edge an alliance besides the Basin. Throat or Falls? The Throat was where she stood now…so that it could not be if she was returned. What on earth did the loud bird do to work up the hatters to return her…wait…burned a herd…A laugh now had to be stifled.

Oh but she’s not done. The gold mare continues. Apparently the girl had a rather…dramatic life to say the least. It had turned into a regular bitch fest, was this girl in heat? Then there’s more of course. Shilva was new, dead though. She turns to leave, then he steps forward. Golden head raises in considering this creature. With command the hawk bird hushes Resplendence and moves forward to call after the gold dusted one. Aurelia. And Shilva, a companion, one of their silly pets. The dark palo bird moves back to the red dun equine. He holds such authority, such restraint, and in general, his whole persona was of a leader. No wonder the damsel could get away with being queen if this is the creature beside her.

Then he smiles to the damsel. Gold dusted eyes narrow towards him, a criticizing eye unfelt in a tender moment. Then he sings. Brows raise at his not too off voice. Now was his time to make the damsel’s welcome to her lands come full. He straightens and pulls up, collecting himself to enter, when a dark small flash sweeps before the fire. Harks lean back, that gold and dark. Sure enough, his lady joins the tiny replica. Harks pin and he pulls deeper into the shadows. There was no going to the celebration now. It would be like balancing two girlfriends in the room, plus one’s husband. Though it is interesting to see the gold and bay lady present such incredible falsities to the damsel when he knows her false face. To see that the lady works in the same ways he does. With a smile the gold decides it is too much of a risk to remain, so stepping backwards, he carefully slips into the night, and away from the crowd.

It had been successful. Highly. Much had been learned of the Throat and the Edge, though he was still curious what caused Aurelia to let loose fire upon the Falls. Perhaps he’d ask her himself in the next few days. With a laugh he picks up a quick jog through the night. The slight breeze blows about him, and though he can barely see before him, the land is gentle and kinds. At last coming to a stream just at the end of the meadow baring the tents he pauses and dips his twin horns to drink. Coming up from the cool water he finds the water reflecting the sky above, and the eclipse that was still hold. Mind rolled over the damsel and his new task. With a grin he lifted his head to the hidden moon and a low soft voice falls forth to her ears.

‘Oh Goddess of the Moon so high,
Now hidden away the light,
They say your heart be as dark as mine,
Keeping to shadows, letting little light shine,
I’ve heard the dark mists move about your soul,
Perhaps there’s some in mine to keep it cold.
Were we to by chance to meet some day,
I forsee your kindred spirit say,
“I am a Goddess of the moon so high,
Keeper of dark and of the sly.
Fear not, I mean no harm,
For your ways do me charm,
But know if the I am unconvinced,
You must seek recompense.
For I am the Goddess of the moon so high,
And none other can hope to apply,
Once I found they do not meet,
The standards I divinely keep.”
And then oh Goddess of the shadows so dark,
I shall begin to pour out what would be a heart.
“Dear Goddess of the moon so high,
You’ll find those I abide,
You’ll find that you and I,
Possess the same by and by.
Your dark and mysterious ways I do keep,
Darkness does not mean a time for sleep.
For you see of Goddess of the Moon so high,
I am the golden man so sly,
And never do I pass by,
Without slipping into many a disguise,
My lips can spill a venom phrase,
Or sweeten a lover’s gaze.
I am the golden man who no one knows,
But all who know me find their woes,
Ever so carefully placed at the door,
Till they can stand it no more.”
Then dear Goddess of the dark,
You’re eyes will begin to spark.
“I am the Goddess of the Moon so high,
I’ve seen these things come and go by,
You are the golden man so strange,
Who keeps my ways, and my name.
What is it you seek dear son?
Ask it and it shall be done.”
Then I shall bow and grin again,
My voice not seeking to abstain,
Those dark plots that I desire,
Perhaps you thought them prior.
“Oh Goddess of the Moon so high,
All I seek is to keep my battle cry,
To walk unseen from all the day’s light,
Let them never know who is the right,
Another form I ask to take,
Oh Goddess of the Moon can this you make?”
“Oh Golden Man of dark heart,
Listen here, I’ll do my part.
Another form you shall have,
To take down my dark path.
For I am the Goddess of the Moon so High,
This you shall not deny.”

The golden son grinned towards the hidden moon. Body found a small cherry tree by the creek, and there he settled by not to sleep. Tonight he would indeed celebrate, making his mark, and keep watch with the moon and the dark.

OOC :: EEK now I can't stop rhyming!
SUMMARY :: Thran discovers the island and sneeks up on the side of the tent. He watches the drama and thinks Aurelia would be a good place to start on his mission in the Throat. When he gets ready to come into the light though, he see Illynx, so backs away and leaves. Coming up to a creek a little ways off he speaks this poem to the Moon Goddess, which you all should read. No buts. Then he lays beside a small cherry tree to watch night pass.
"speech"

Image by the AMAZING Vossity

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Edge Lunar Eclipse Party [Song and Dance] - by Thranduil - 07-28-2014, 11:55 PM