the Rift

[OPEN] Edge Lunar Eclipse Party [Song and Dance]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

Ophelia did not expect any to hear the words she whispered from under her breath before turning to go. The light of the moon was too bright, exposing too much of her heart. Dull eyes danced from beneath white lashes as a voice followed in her wake, attached to a handsome, black stallion like Torleik but without the horns. She looked him over once, sure that she had never seen him before, and listened to him offer company. What company would she be now?

Of what use could she possibly be in this state? She had stumbled to the threshold of the gods only to be swept away happily into what she thought was death only to find that it was reality still. The disappointment still lingered like a bitter flavor on her tongue, and she wanted to just tell this stallion to fuck off. But, she was the one who wandered in here. She wad the one who had not been invited.

The presence of his green dragon startled her out of her thoughts, and Tinek chirped happily in his direction. The elder silver was always pleased to see those of his own kind, and the beastly, scaled creature on her back bowed low, a gesture he had learned from the one and only Comadre. Ophelia nodded to the green dragon before turning back to his bond mate, one corner of her lips turning up into a bitter, wretched smile.

"I can stay for a moment," she returned, turning around to see another unicorn sing a song. She had no words for the goddess of the moon, having never met her before. The shards of the stone sparkled in her hair in the darkness, making her look as white and vibrant as a star. If only they knew that she was a black hole on the inside, a vast emptiness.

Much to her surprise, a unicorn mare approached her, her coat painted in gold, and Ophelia blinked, her expression unmoved. When she introduced herself as Illynx, a leader of the Basin, Ophelia smiled, the upturn of her lips not meeting her eyes. "Ah, so you have replaced my aunt, Psyche," she trailed, wondering absently if this was Deimos' harlot. Torleik had mentioned her in passing, but he had made no judgement. Now, she regretted not asking more about this female.

"I am Ophelia the Forsaken, and I am not sure about that," she replied. If only the Edge knew that it was her who had made the pact with Psyche, bartering her warriors to fight against the Edge. The Basin had lost both battles, she had learned, but the negotiation with her aunt had been entirely Ophelia's doing. Ktulu had not been there, but Archibald knew. Her eyes glanced quickly around the crowd, not seeing his towering form anywhere.

The golden mare, Illynx, began to sing, and she listened, her heart not yielding to the emotions, encased in ice as it was. As if the manifestation of her state came alive, she stared into the distance, seeing a true horror. Ophelia could not tear her eyes away from the transparent, beating heart in the distance, and she felt a chill crawl down her spine as it called for her by name. Was this her demon? Come to drag her back to hell?

Ophelia stepped forward, spine stiff. "I am Ophelia." She might as well face the end of her fate head on.

A lifeless face that you'll soon forget
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by Roni

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Edge Lunar Eclipse Party [Song and Dance] - by Ophelia - 08-05-2014, 06:29 PM