the Rift

|| Gold Rush

Grimmrot Posts: 11
Aurora Basin Apprentice
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 3 {Ages in Tallsun} Buff: NOVICE
Nyte
Grimmrot

As I struggle to maintain my uncomfortable position on the shifting log, a new voice comes to me and reduces my fear to dust. Of course, I understand it now; it is my own fault that I have wound up in this awful situation. If I had only allowed my terror to pass through me and not take hold of me, I would not have reacted the way I did.

Immediately I blame the pegasus for her inaction. Perhaps if the woman had not wasted so much time asking me if I was in trouble -- does it look like I hug logs for fun?! -- then I would not have panicked and endangered myself further. Yes, it is obviously the winged one's fault for this. I shall have to make sure that I am reimbursed for any emotional trauma that I may have suffered. I think I may settle for one of her speckled wings. Seems fair enough to me.

As I am coming up with a suitable trade for the harm that I have been forced to endure, the voice from earlier returns. It is not as harsh as before, and I find that I enjoy its authoritative tone much better than its belittling one. Does this lady even realize that she is speaking with a trader from a powerful family? She better hope so, because there are some hefty fines to be paid for harassment.

Not even a second after I have decided to sue not one, but two of the foreigners from this land, a vine is being hefted down the edge of the ravine. My horned crown cranes itself back so that I can see what's going on, but all I get in return is a leafy slap to the face. Real tears threaten to spill down my white-stained face, but a sharp command halts their descent.

What did she just say? Haruspex? Oh please, I don't want to die! I much preferred to steal bones for making things than providing the material for such contraptions. My thoughts reach back to a few minutes ago, where images of my gangly black body are approaching a nest full of bones. Had my perilous expedition been worth it for only one feather? One of my eyes roll back to look at the pretty thing. It is elegant, and long, and a most exquisite shade of blue. Of course it was worthy of this abuse! And do you know what would make this find even better? If I lived another day to trade it away!

It appears to be raining vines now, for several of the mossy green tendrils have joined me on my bridge. An odd little creature accompanies them as well, and it busies itself with the task of tying leafy ropes around my log. At first I am a little unsure of it -- and entertaining the idea of auctioning it off -- but then I realize just what it's doing. It's trying to save me!

I rise on my wounded pillars, shaking like a leaf that is being battered in a storm. The creature's plan to stabilize the bridge is working so far, and I will not waste any time in departing from it. With a hopeful expression upon my brow, I turn my muzzle skywards, calling out to the heroine who has come to my rescue. "I'll have another vine for me now, please! The log has stopped its shifting!" Uncertainty lessens the gratitude in my voice, for it is surely not the porcelain lass who has hatched this fine plan. I am depending on the two strangers to help me all the same.

"talk talk talk"
{Thanks Bunnie. c: Gonna give @[Aurelia] and @[Illynx] a chance to post again.}
Just watch my fire continue to burn
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image| Code by Tamme

Messages In This Thread
|| Gold Rush - by Grimmrot - 07-23-2014, 05:48 PM
RE: || Gold Rush - by Aurelia - 07-24-2014, 02:31 AM
RE: || Gold Rush - by Grimmrot - 08-11-2014, 12:37 AM
RE: || Gold Rush - by Illynx - 08-22-2014, 01:06 PM
RE: || Gold Rush - by Grimmrot - 08-22-2014, 02:38 PM
RE: || Gold Rush - by Illynx - 08-25-2014, 11:01 AM
RE: || Gold Rush - by Grimmrot - 08-27-2014, 07:05 PM