the Rift

|| Gold Rush

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
Illynx
As is common with those discovered in the borders and across the land, Illynx’s brash commentary on what she believes to be the truth of the silent pegasus is mildly offensive – not that she gives a damn, ignoring the slight surprise that takes the other mare at the comment and surging onward as if she had only made a side note on the day’s weather.

Thankfully, the woman retrieved from the ditch is a gluttonous one, and the offer of an offer is enough to quickly steal her away from whatever negative thoughts may have crossed her at the harsh jargon of the Lady. Upon her spine, Kyst watches with nearly unblinking blue eyes the white streaked mare, not so soon forgetting that she had been looked at as if a possession to be taken for a time, but the griffon is otherwise motionless and still, riding with wings tucked the gentle, even strides of her golden mount.

As Illynx has come to expect from the dame in their short time together, the words that spew from her mouth are plentiful; if manual labor involved chatting, this one would be most useful, despite her objections, but there is no work to be done involving words that Illynx can’t accomplish herself and she has other things in mind for a self proclaimed trader.

She has a new relationship with the World’s Edge to foster, after all, and her Ulrik, while brilliant and full of talents, is not the most social of sorts – neither is Farenjer, for that matter, now that she ruminates on it. He always speaks as if his voice is layered in dust.

"You say you trade? My people are creators of cloth and metal constructs, and we house an herbalist or two," she explains, breezing around the more complex craft of her darling Engineer for a later date when the lustful wench laid eyes on his finest (and surely most massive) of creations towering outside their gates, "all goods worth their weight, to be sure, and with a newly opened line of commerce between ourselves and the dominion of the Edge to the south and west of our home, you should find a prosperous life among us." She smiles, golden eyes twinkling with her minute games, the tray of bounty she offers for a seemingly small and inconsequential fee. "I’d only ask you acquire a skill set of your own, to add to the richness of our community, and work well with the other craftsmen who inhabit the mountain," how easy that would be, Illynx did not know; she’d never tried to barter with Ulrik.

She’d only really ever told him what to do, and he had obliged; the best of mutual relationships.

A tinkling laugh breaks her lips as the woman makes a jest about the distance to where ever they are going, as if she had already resigned herself to live wherever the golden one did because she had fetched her out of a hole. A wonder rises to her again as to how and why she had managed to get down there in the first place, resettled behind the conversation already at hand.

Did it really matter why she was down there? Illynx already knew better than to ever let the woman near a battlefield for such reasons, and that was plenty enough to be thankful for. No need to go rooting around to reveal further flaws in her newest trinket; she’d rather let time wear away her prettiness, as it always did.

"The Aurora Basin, my home, is a good ways to the North, nestled in the Steppe," she explains, golden horn gesturing towards the distant peaks as it has done seemingly a hundred times before, "if you grow weary before we arrive, I know dozens of locations to bed down for a while along the way. I recently had a colt, you know." It seems as good a time as any to start small talk, and the woman was coming to the snow lands, after all; it was never too early to teach her the who’s who of her people, and her son, as far as Illynx was concerned, was among the top things to be respected. "You learn of such places more swiftly than you ever had on your own with a babe who needs to rest his tiny hooves."

[ OOC: Basin thread coming <3 ]
if I only could make a deal with God.
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Messages In This Thread
|| Gold Rush - by Grimmrot - 07-23-2014, 05:48 PM
RE: || Gold Rush - by Aurelia - 07-24-2014, 02:31 AM
RE: || Gold Rush - by Grimmrot - 08-11-2014, 12:37 AM
RE: || Gold Rush - by Illynx - 08-22-2014, 01:06 PM
RE: || Gold Rush - by Grimmrot - 08-22-2014, 02:38 PM
RE: || Gold Rush - by Illynx - 08-25-2014, 11:01 AM
RE: || Gold Rush - by Grimmrot - 08-27-2014, 07:05 PM
RE: || Gold Rush - by Illynx - 08-31-2014, 12:39 PM
RE: || Gold Rush - by Grimmrot - 09-08-2014, 09:00 PM
RE: || Gold Rush - by Illynx - 09-10-2014, 08:04 AM