the Rift

Hope is the Heartbeat of the Soul

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
Lakota & Ktulu
The Poisoner & The Constrictor

The coming of a God was always so unexpected, she had not thought the trembling of the earth and the throaty clearing of dust from an ancient voice would be any different. In some ways, it was, for it was kinder than the two arrivals the Moon Goddess had exhibited when Lakota had sought her for the magic that lingered in her veins. Now she could see, standing before kind, wise eyes and a face reminiscent of mountains and soft soil, why they called him Father Earth. Her conflict over his fathering of Hototo with the mare lingering at her side is swept away by the soft voice, strong and ancient yet tender in its delivery. He knows her name, though she did not doubt he wouldn't, and bare crown lifts from the warm rock of the Veins to gaze upon him for the first time with sincere violet eyes.

Despite being unsure of the correct procedure for encountering a God, Lakota had pride and enough value in herself to not desire to remain knelt upon the earth before him. Instead she stands, perhaps a bit shakily as she remembers the connection this celestial being has in her life, inadvertent as it may be on Ktulu's end. But in the end she stands before him simplistically, a mortal before a God, all barriers stripped and the raw flesh of her hopes and desires laid bare and wanting before the eyes of the benevolent being who could deign to grant them to her.

No nervousness in the world could make her words waver, and as they escape her lips they are concrete and sincere in every way possible that is able to be incorporated in spoken word. "Ever since my sister was born, I knew I wanted to be a mother. I couldn't reverse the damage of my own parents, but to be a better mother to another soul so reliant upon me..." She fades, hopes he can feel the compassion and the love that burns inside her hotter than the magma of the Veins. "I have settled now, as many do in time. I can offer so much more than I ever could previously. All I want is the ability to...to have foals with the only other living soul I've loved in my life." She is not generally a mare that speaks so freely of emotion, of loyalty and devotion, but she will not be a coward before this mighty immortal Father. So instead she falls quiet, eyes never leaving his, seeking an answer or a sign that she might be granted her one desire.

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
Hope is the Heartbeat of the Soul - by Lakota - 07-24-2014, 12:16 AM
RE: Hope is the Heartbeat of the Soul - by Lakota - 07-28-2014, 09:16 PM
RE: Hope is the Heartbeat of the Soul - by Ktulu - 08-19-2014, 08:27 PM
RE: Hope is the Heartbeat of the Soul - by Lakota - 08-20-2014, 08:11 PM