[OPEN] God Knows We Like Archaic Kinds of Fun

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme
Aithniel

I didn't give up the light;
I closed my eyes and closed myself

Aithniel did not so much claim that she was born in the desert as much as she assumed. Looking back on the beginning of her hungry and horrid life, full of sand and pathetically thin, she knew that she had traveled north. What else was south of the Thistle Meadow besides the desert? What she did not know is if she was born inside the herd or not. All she remembered was something about a kind, golden girl and breaking out from darkness to lightness. In fact, Aithniel wasn't sure that she had even been born.

But, let them think what they will. She was just happy to have been invited along, since she rarely got to join in on these sort of outings. Illynx had taken her to the Veins of the Gods, but that hardly counted since she had gone with that woman. Honestly, she should be nicer to the mare who saved her, but the she just made it so difficult sometimes!

The sun did not bother Aithniel much, and now, out of sight of the adults, she pushed her wings from her body, encouraging wind to slide past her skin and cool her down. What she did not realize what that this journey was unsanctioned, and that she might be blamed for dragging them all out here. Aithniel's hooves padded over the sand as they approached, feeling the heat rise in waves and nodding when Erebos spoke. She turned to Rikyn as he complained, a sour expression on her warrior's face.

"I was starving," she said snappishly. "I wasn't worried about how hot it was, but I don't remember it being this hot..." she trailed, taking in a deep breath that felt like swallowing boiling water. The expanse spread out before her, and she remembered the sand like a very, very, bad memory or some sort of hellish nightmare. A sensation of abandonment hit her hard in the chest, and she took a single step closer to her two best friends. This is where her mother, whoever had birthed her, had left her alone to die. This was where the golden one had tried to rescue her.

Aithniel's visage, normally expressive, became rather cold and distant as she looked at the remnants of metal and a massive tree in the distance. She shut off her feelings, worried that if she showed how scared and hurt she was by this place that Rikyn or Erebos might laugh at her. Or, worse yet, might say that she was just as Zikar said and not in control, needing her wings stripped to save her from herself. The thought made her shudder despite the heat.

Erebos and Rikyn spoke, but the words sounded like they were underwater as she watched the sand move back and forth in the heated breeze. She looked up after, seeing the tree and hearing the tail end of Rikyn's words. Aithniel snorted in amusement at his words, shaking her head. "I think he lives in fire," she said, not knowing how she knew that at all. "Maybe it's just the only thing that grows out here in all this stupid dust." The words out of her mouth were more malicious and harsh than she had been before.

Whoever lived here could not be good. They left her to die, and if not for Rikyn and Illynx, they would have succeeded.

Art by Aimless-Claims @ DA

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Messages In This Thread
RE: God Knows We Like Archaic Kinds of Fun - by Aithniel - 07-25-2014, 02:03 PM