the Rift

[OPEN] Thinking of you
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

midas
brother my brother
The gods likely found this humorous, the way we both wondered about the other in silent musings; I unable to penetrate her thoughts and she obviously was blissfully unaware of mine. Yar, the ways of this world and the ways of a moral mind. We met as friends, as brother and sister from years of living within the same family – to striving toward similar goals, and now. We lived a world apart. Just as Ktulu and me once had. Seeing her here made me wonder upon my choice and the weight that was slung across shoulders. How long would honor call me from family and friends? How long before my happiness was realized?

This world offered me power, a thing which most of its children had little use for – yet the strongest among us also seemed to be the most tainted and lacking in real comfort of life. Yar, I was a lonely conflicted little man. A wayward soldier. Distractions had become my existence and I seemed to flirt with them quite often now – or else I’d fall prey to all the failures in this life.

If only we could plead for a redo.

Her question pulls my thoughts, breaking them from idle concentration; a sigh whelped, I pressed a higher smile, covering any faults with an almost skilled ease, “I’ve come to escape and pray for a time. Seeking a place of peace my friend.” Honeyed gaze met her stare, softening reflexively, shifting only to linger as the sunfire licked across spine, “What of ye? Tis not my company which ye has solely sought out I assume?” a gentle chuckle emerges and my grin slides a little higher. A jest, a tease. Hiding the fact that I’d missed this desert flower, “though,” voice lowered, almost to a hush, “I am glad to see ye.”
image credit
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Thinking of you - by Midas - 07-25-2014, 12:04 AM
RE: Thinking of you - by Africa - 08-13-2014, 03:38 AM
RE: Thinking of you - by Midas - 08-13-2014, 05:44 PM
RE: Thinking of you - by Africa - 08-28-2014, 09:01 PM
RE: Thinking of you - by Midas - 09-04-2014, 08:47 PM