the Rift

The proper thing to do

Rymn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
No reply. Not fast enough for his tastes, anyway, and that could just as well count as no reply. Feathers burred up and wings shifted in a visible display of annoyance, and just as he was about to scold the pale thing for being tardy, yet another of the four-legged beings rushed in upon them. The shadow-born being opened the massive beak and hissed irritably, taloned feet pawing at the earth while the thick tail swung in sharp coils around the haunches.

"Is rudeness a national trait around here?" he complained, too enveloped in his own personal displeasure to even bother with being flattered by the apparent admiration of the youth. Normally that would have been enough to soothe him, make him oversee with a lot of things.. But he was hungry, and that never did anything for his temper.

"I don't see how knowing my name will serve you, stone-foot, but seeing as all of you grounded animals appear to be in need of such things, you may call me Rymn. Rest assure that it is close enough to my actual name, which I highly doubt that you would be able to pronounce correctly even if I did reveal it." The name was a touchy subject. He was a learned youngster, at least in the regard that he knew a few things that he considered to be common sense. Words held power, and a name was closely connected to the very essence of ones being. The thought of someone other than himself having even the slightest bit of control over his actions made his tail knot. It did not fully excuse the harshness with which he spoke to the newly arrived stallion, but as mentioned he was hungry.

Yellow eyes regarded the young horse with the sharpness of crushed glass, the massive dark wings spreading halfway as Rymn for a moment considered turning this one into a meal. It was tempting, seeing as how all these grazer (only two, but at the moment that was two too many) simply walked up on him without even for a moment stopping to consider whether he was dangerous or not. It was insulting, it wounded his predatory pride. Did he really look to be that complacent, that harmless? The horror.

Rymn
Awake, listening to the voice of my heart,
I precede through the Pandora world

Messages In This Thread
The proper thing to do - by Rymn - 08-27-2012, 05:45 PM
RE: The proper thing to do - by Gossamer - 08-28-2012, 12:18 AM
RE: The proper thing to do - by Rymn - 08-28-2012, 02:49 PM
RE: The proper thing to do - by Evers - 08-29-2012, 02:14 PM
RE: The proper thing to do - by Rymn - 08-29-2012, 02:50 PM
RE: The proper thing to do - by Kanti - 09-13-2012, 05:40 PM