the Rift

[PRIVATE] one of these things does not belong;

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme
AITHNIEL

Aithniel felt a painful twist in her chest when Illynx's first words fell on her childish ears, and she barely managed to strangle a sob by swallowing. A blight? A hybrid is a blight on nature? So, she was a monster after all. She summoned every ounce of courage not to run away right then, far away from all of this talk of removing her wings and calling her very nature of being unfortunate. The babe barely felt Rikyn move closer, barely felt his worth. She felt so cold inside. The following words did not hurt nearly as much. Monsters did deserve death - that was only natural.

The words that followed, however, surprised and empowered the child, and she lifted her eyes again with a new found confidence. Illynx did save her and that was a gift. Having Rikyn to grow up with was a gift. She had saved Aithniel even though she should not have and brought her to a home at her own risk. Until this moment, Aithniel had not realized the sacrifice the golden mare had made, and suddenly, her actions did not seem so bad. She would have to remember to thank her one day for everything that she could not even express right now.

Illynx's smile gave her confidence, but she was also wary of that look. How few times had she seen it worn on her pretty face? She should smile more... The expression made her look pretty and almost human. The golden mare was right. She should not have let Zikar so easily control her emotions and heart with his callous words, and she should not have let her fear rule her so strongly that she ran away, consumed by her tears. Aithniel knew that she was not a monster, and she knew that she could be someone important. All she had to do was prove it to everyone else too.

She did not need their love. The wisdom Illynx imparted resonated with her soul, and she recognized it to be true. If she simply did not care for what they said, then they could never hurt her again. Aithniel looked up at her with deepened respect and gently touched her face to the mare's leg, a sign of affection she rarely gave. "I understand," she said quietly, taking a deep breath. "I may not be the same as everyone else, and I may not be natural. But, I feel that I can do something good. I won't let them hurt me anymore."

Image Credit

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Messages In This Thread
one of these things does not belong; - by Illynx - 07-25-2014, 12:18 PM
RE: one of these things does not belong; - by Aithniel - 07-28-2014, 12:04 AM