the Rift

[OPEN] Just beyond

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
The girl's reactions reminded me so much of myself I had to silence the laughter that threatened to bubble up within my chest. So unsure, so puzzled, so fascinated and then immediately annoyed at her surroundings - it reminded me sorely of my sister, too, whose normal first reaction was to zap first and think later. Here now, this girl pinned her ears at me, as if we were entering into an argument or fight before anything else - it actually warmed my heart to witness it. I missed being so young, so curious and at the same time, so wary and unsure. Though weren't we all simultaneously curious and wary when it came to new things, no matter how learned we were? I was born into this land of strange and magnificent wonders, I was raised in a herd that accepted all and cherished those who were willing to use their gifts for the benefit of the greater good.. Though I was still able to be surprised and shocked by the powers and actions of some, I was swift to accept these things as 'normal' - for my definition of 'normal' was one that was in a state of constant flux.

"Absolutely," I agreed easily with the girl's summation of her powers. Fire was a very powerful gift to have control of, but it was something to be handled with care, treated with great respect. I remember stories my father told of the great drought that plagued Helovia in her first year here, as well as the flames that danced along the back of my beloved Sitka. The pillar of fire that existed in the heart of the Throat - the very flames that decorated the wings and hair of the Sun God - they were all something I had a wary respect for, something I hoped any and every creature would hold respect for. "My mistake," I add, attempting to strike up further interest in conversation with this startlingly stunning filly. "It's definitely a powerful and useful ability." I concede, smiling kindly to the girl, hoping to mend whatever bridges had been burned through a combination of my inability to converse and her fire-cracker irritation.

Another arrives, an equine whose coat reminds me of the pale snowy landscape we are standing upon. I had seen similar before, of the grey motley dapples, but none that had turned into speckles across the face. I offer her a small smile as well, but when she says nothing, and the girl, Aithniel, kicks up her heels in play, my attention soon drifts. The girl seems to more in play, but does not laugh or even smile, so I do it for her. I leapt in step with her, unafraid of the flames that dance skitteringly away from her hooves, used to the dangers that flames posed from my years of dancing with you by my side. "Wanna see a trick?" I ask the girl as I jump, filling my wings with wind of my own creation, making my leap longer and higher than any ground-dweller could ever achieve. I laugh as I land, tossing my tiara playfully, striking at the permafrost beneath my hooves almost in a challenge, inviting more sparks to come at me, inviting this timid yet determined girl to reveal more of herself to the world.

@[Aithniel] @[Dsiox]
Cirrus
the Wind Dancer
x - x
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
    Just beyond - by Aithniel - 07-25-2014, 04:03 PM
    RE: Just beyond - by Cirrus - 07-26-2014, 07:43 AM
    RE: Just beyond - by Dsiox - 07-28-2014, 03:19 PM
    RE: Just beyond - by Aithniel - 08-12-2014, 11:52 AM
    RE: Just beyond - by Cirrus - 08-12-2014, 08:33 PM
    RE: Just beyond - by Aithniel - 09-09-2014, 11:42 AM
    RE: Just beyond - by Cirrus - 09-30-2014, 04:04 AM