the Rift

[OPEN] Just beyond

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
The confusion, the puzzlement and tentative trust, was all familiar to me. Though I felt that she was too young to be feeling this way already - I had always been outgoing, rambunctious and unafraid, until you let me. This girl seemed haunted, lost and unsure, in a way that I hadn't experienced until I had lived several turns of the seasons. She could barely have seen her first season - why was she so scared already? And yet, there was a fire within her - literally and figuratively - one that I also recognised, one that, despite whatever fears and troubles assaulted her, I knew would carry her through it. She was resilient, and I admired her for it - this young, barely weaned filly who was still discovering how to walk in this world, held my admiration.

Shy, tentative smiles finally began to curl her lips, and they only made my own more sincere, more determined to draw out something akin to trust and enjoyment. Our companion is seemingly forgotten, left behind as she holds no wings to carry her alongside our lively dance. I was surprised as the young girl took a short flight in the wake of my motion, gladly supplying a wind that would encourage such actions, glad witnessing what could be this girl's first ever experience taking all four feet off the ground. Some strange sense of maternal pride welled up within me, and I cheered with a gentle whinny at her, nodding my crown and pawing at the permafrost beneath to show my enthusiasm.

"Well done!" I say excitedly, before the girl murmurs my name in such a conspiring way that I can't help but lower my tiara to her level as I close the distance to hear her query. "Of course," I reply without hesitation, with such an assured air that it is impossible to deny my sincerity. I nod, a kind grin upon my maw. I had to wonder who was raising her - was she in a situation similar to that of Aeolus and Levex, raised by a loving mother who did not hold wings of her own, and therefore no knowledge to draw upon to teach her? With the horns upon her crown and the wings upon her back, I knew she was a hybrid - perhaps she resided with the horned kind, who were grossly uneducated in the ways of flight.

"Come on," I say, reaching out with my muzzle to bump it against the filly's small neck, an affectionate gesture I hope she takes the right way. Without waiting to see how she accepts the action, however, turn, bobbing my head to invite her along, before turning again abruptly, so that we stand face to face. My wings are stretched out to their full reaches by my sides, and I nod to Aithniel, hoping to prompt her to do the same. "Let's see them, then." I say with a grin, wanting to check the girl's appendages over to see just what I was working with before we did anything else.

@[Aithniel]
Cirrus
the Wind Dancer
sxc.hu | larfsalot
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
    Just beyond - by Aithniel - 07-25-2014, 04:03 PM
    RE: Just beyond - by Cirrus - 07-26-2014, 07:43 AM
    RE: Just beyond - by Dsiox - 07-28-2014, 03:19 PM
    RE: Just beyond - by Aithniel - 08-12-2014, 11:52 AM
    RE: Just beyond - by Cirrus - 08-12-2014, 08:33 PM
    RE: Just beyond - by Aithniel - 09-09-2014, 11:42 AM
    RE: Just beyond - by Cirrus - 09-30-2014, 04:04 AM