the Rift

[PRIVATE] exercitatio

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
I was shaken to the core, terrified of how close I had come to becoming meat in a wildcat's belly. I was almost inclined to hunt it down, to kill it before it had a chance to harm another - but then some reasonable part of me admitted that it was simply another living creature trying to live its life. It was just unfortunate that its life involved the taking of another's. I let the wind fill my lungs and wings, I allowed it to push me forward and up, glancing over my shoulder to the ground below, watching the grasses bend and fold in the path of the big cat. It must hide beneath a canopy then, because I see nothing then, no evidence of its existence, no sign of the near-death experience I had just lived through.

It was the sort of time where I wanted nothing more but to sit down in a quiet corner and cry. The anxiety had crept up all over me, and I blinked back tears that threatened to spill over the electric blue of my eyes. I had to breathe again, I had to find my control centre again - but that was impossible, ever since you left. I have only ever been pretending to have control since your departure, but truly I was a broken, fractured shell of a soul, barely able to contain the emotions that raced through me. The depression, the grief, the fear and sad realisation of my having to continue living without you by my side, constantly burned through me. That I had come so close to death in such a random way seemed to shake me up - I don't even know why it did so. I had survived worse threats then a hungry cat.

The guilt settled heavily over me then. I had just proven that I still had a will, a desire, to live on, despite your absence. It shrouded my mind, oppressing any other thoughts that might have surfaced. It was there, now, right in front of me, and still, I was unwilling to accept it.

Movement below me caused me to jolt once again out of my reverie. I had been spiralling high above the Fields, barely noticing that life continued on below me. The grass was moving again, in that way that suggested my feline friend had found a new target. As my eyes scoured the Fields, I was confronted by the fact that the stallion who I could attribute with saving my life previously stood there, eating, living, breathing. His dragon seemed to flutter nearby, and I smiled at the memory, through it brought me a sense of embarrassment at the same time.

Then I realised what this cat was intending.

I was swift to act, reaching to my wing and plucking the spear free with ease. The next motion involved a swift glance of aim, and then a sure and hard thrust and release, which sent the spear towards the movement in the grass, my magic willing the wind to carry it sure and true into the target. I swooped down to the grassy Fields in the wake of my spear, happily hearing the thunk of it striking its target - I let loose a long, joyous call of victory, my former depression forgotten for the moment as I revel in the thrill of saving another's life - at least, that is assuming Lace was not likely to survive an attack from this big cat, who now laid slumped in the grass, lifelessness behind his glazed eyes, blood pooling around the hole the point of my spear rested in.

"Totally just saved your life~!" I shouted as I landed before the stallion, bouncing into an enthusiastic trot, flinging my tiara about as renewed life filled me up to the brim. I laughed as I carved a circle around the steed, wondering if I could inspire him to feel the same energetic, positively wonderful need to live, to move, to exist, as I currently did. I wanted to hold onto the feeling forevermore, but, knowing it was only a temporary state, I was more than happy to make the distraction last as long as possible by involving as many others in it as possible.

@[Lace]
Cirrus
the Wind Dancer
x - x
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
    exercitatio - by Cirrus - 07-27-2014, 08:26 AM
    RE: exercitatio - by Lace - 07-28-2014, 07:13 AM
    RE: exercitatio - by NPC - 07-30-2014, 12:19 AM
    RE: exercitatio - by Cirrus - 08-11-2014, 09:48 PM
    RE: exercitatio - by NPC - 08-11-2014, 10:41 PM
    RE: exercitatio - by Cirrus - 08-12-2014, 12:04 AM
    RE: exercitatio - by Lace - 08-19-2014, 01:09 AM