the Rift

[PRIVATE] exercitatio

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

He would likely have kept grazing if it hadn't been for the sudden surge of emotion that came from the dragon. Startled he looked up, just in time to see a cougar launch itself towards the practicing pegasus; a cry in warning left him even as she bucked at it and took to the sky, leaving Lace standing with mouth open and heart racing. Where had it gone after landing back into the grass? A screeching dragon swung herself high into the air to do her reconnaissance, all while the stallion readied himself with legs planted firmly into the ground and mind already reaching down into the ground to find roots and twigs to use as weapons.

When the lion finally emerged again however, he discovered that he didn't have to battle after all. Viewing from the eyes of the White how the winged mare swooping down, threw something at the lion and let off a deafening cry of triumph when it fell down - dead.

Snorting slightly in mingled relief and amusement, the grullo watched the sky-colored mare come down towards him and landed, confidently announcing herself as his savior. He raised a brow in half-hearted sarcasm, unable to keep a grin from the mouth at the energy that exuded from her as she bounded around him. Something about her struck him as familiar, but he couldn't figure out what it was... something in the voice, of her blue in her eyes... and then it struck him, so suddenly that he almost laughed aloud. Of course! He didn't understand how it could be, but he knew this mare, her name, knew the intensity of that gaze.

"Of course you did" he chuckled merrily and followed her with gilded gaze, trying not to become too transfixed by the spirited girl or the elation of his own discovery, "because there's no way I would have noticed a mountain lion attacking someone when I'm busy stuffing my face. It's not like my dragon would have noticed either..." He threw a glance at the dragon who, upon realizing that her target had been killed, had swooped down over the carcass of the predator and was busy charring it with brilliant streams of hot flame, making sure it was properly dead - though only after pulling out the sharp, stick-like thing from its body, of course, and thrown it off in the grass. No doubt she would soon be feasting on the meat - a sight Lace would rather not have to witness.

"Let me save my savior in turn" he said, turning back to the mare - pretending that he didn't know her, just to see how she would react. "This place is about to become rather less scenic - I suggest we move to the other side of the meadow while you decide how I'm to repay you for your noble deed." He smiled at her before turning away from the dragon, decisively starting to trot away from her - he would never grow accustomed to her feeding habits, not in a million years. As he passed Cirrus he ever so innocently moved the head a little, just so - and tried to give her a nip on the flank before rushing off, laughing heartily.

Dim vales- and shadowy floods-
And cloudy-looking woods,
Whose forms we can't discover
For the tears that drip all over!
Huge moons there wax and wane-
Again- again- again-
- bg - table - image -
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Messages In This Thread