the Rift

[PRIVATE] take me through the violet fires of hell.

Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark

DESTRY
rise to the occasion
After venturing into the Throat, Aurelia and I took a small tour of the land, flying and racing down along the open rolling hills of the Meadow, through the Fields and over the Steppe, looping around to fly along the coast. We took a rest at the Grove and swam through the lake, enjoying ourselves there for a little romantic evening. The journey was fun, although seeing the dead lands brought sorrow to my eyes as I recall the days spent in the caves, depressed and alone. Sweeping away from that, we spent a night in the Rotunda, admiring the shimmering glass beneath a beautiful crescent moon. From there we flew to the Veins, circling above the land of violet and blue hues.

I swoop down, crimson hooves awaiting the impact with the soft earth before the sky bridge, sparks jumping from my hooves as contact is made. Wings aid me in steadying myself, hind legs reaching out for the ground below me. I move forward in anticipation for Aurelia to land with me, already prancing across the stone bridge with sparks flying out from my hooves. I swept my tail over my thighs, letting it trail along the ground behind me, bloody red strands washing over heated stone.

Looking out across the colourful sky with my eyes twinkling, I let out a little gasp as I look down to see the sun setting beyond the horizon, colours dancing out across the expanse. Waters shimmer and shine, reflecting the sun's radiant light. Approaching the beaten and worn shrines of the Gods, I look upon them with some amount of sorrow, trying to imagine them in their former state of beauty. Looking back over my shoulder I tell Aurelia something, smiling. Now was the time to pray, to ask the Gods for what was wanted. I turn away and bend down upon one knee, body dipping down towards the ground as I pray in silence to the Gods before raising myself again, shaking my body to rid of and dirt I may have encountered.
"talk talk talk"

-Destry and Aurelia are here seeking the Earth God! they would like to have some babies together with the help of some magic ~<3 (if we do not roll for a god the first time please use my extra votg roll from the banner contest !) and also note that bay gave me permission to say that Aurelia followed Destry around Helovia c: thanks !-

art by dark, table code by tamme

we all look for heaven and we put our love first
somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
The delight of traveling holds me in it's grips. Part of me desires to stay an outcast and continue to roam as I have done for most of my life in the past, but I am already heavily connected to the Dragon's Throat. I may not be a member yet, but I believe Africa is beginning to trust me. Whether that is my mind creating stories for me or the truth, I do not care. I just want to believe the one-winged mare believes in me. I would stretch the story to say that she loves me how she did when she brought me to her home the first time, but that is a huge stretch. In fact, I get the feeling she hates me quite frequently.

Destry and I slept in the Rotunda last night. It was a peaceful night, and I long for every night to be like that, yet I do not think it can always be like that. Even a little outcast like me has duties that make it impossible to be relaxed every night. After today, I need to get me ass in gear. I've told Africa that I may be able to get Gaucho back into the Throat, and that is what I aim to do. I also wish to begin recruiting horses for the Dragon's Throat. I would attempt to show the World's Edge that I am not a threat and do not wish to be one, but I've already lost their trust completely. They said I could give Shilva a proper burial and I will, but my only concern is that they will not respect her cadaver. Will they feed her to the bitches of the land? For some reason, I see the little fireball, Resplendence, being the one to dig up her corpse. I see Kaj giving it to the dogs. I never really knew Kaj, so I am not upset by his hate for me. He has no reason to like me, so that is understandable. However, Resplendence shouldn't hate me this much. I helped her with her terrors, yet that seems forgotten. I understand why the rest of the herd hates me, though. I do not blame them.

The Hidden Falls also hates me, most likely. I did burn most of heir members. I am not proud of that, and if I could, I would go back into time and fix this. I'd fix all of it. I would be more at ease if I knew most of Helovia didn't hate me. I quite possibly only have two friends-- Destry and Mauja. I can't help but feel awkward when I think of Mauja. I had told him that I loved him, and then I found Destry and now we are mates. Maybe I still love Mauja? Is it possible to love two horses? I'd rather nott think of Mauja anymore. He is too hard to find, and I believe if Mauja and I were mates, I would be constantly worried, and I would fear that he is with-holding information from me, be it his feelings or something else. Destry, however, I feel perfectly fine with. I am not worried that she hides things from me.

Destry speaks to me after we've landed in the Veins of the Gods and we both smile. Yes, this is the time. Let's pray. Please, gods, come be our audience today. She hopes the gods can hear her silent prayer.

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

No little chicklets, the gods do not hear your prayers.

But that doesn't mean that no-one does.

The air stills - a hush falls. Things seem to grow stagnant and old; have the shrines aged before your eyes? Do they grow yellow with the stains of time, or are you perhaps deceived? It was a long journey but...ah no. You know you're feeling alright, but something is definitely happening. The air feels thick, and suddenly everything else feels small. The shrines - the flowers and veins and rocks littered across this place - hurtle away from you, even as your hooves remain firmly planted on the ground. Stars swirl and swim before your vision, and suddenly the air around you feels both cold and hot. That can't be right.

What's happening?

Laughter rings out - it comes from everywhere and no where. Don't bother to flicker your ears chicklets, you shan't find the source. But if you do listen, you'll hear a word hidden in that laughter, bouncing around it.

a-hungry.

It's soft, but it's there. Unmistakable. The laughter is maniacal. You should run, but you find that you can't. The world suddenly bounces back towards you again - those same rocks and flowers now flying back towards you with dizzying speed - and you still find that you cannot move. As your vision begins to steady - the world no longer appearing to move, you notice something else.

Something black? (a-hungry).

The shrines no longer appear yellow with age, but darkened. But the sun hasn't set? Even so, it is like a shadow has fallen into the corner of your vision, eating and swallowing everything. But fear not the dark chicklets, for this is no shadow. It is a living (a-hungry) thing.

Spiders leap suddenly - their existence now known - towards the two mares. Their bodies are pitch black, marked only by a red hour glass. They move in tandem, swallowing the ground as they lunge forward. They bite and pinch as they scurry up the legs of the two mares, leaving a bloody trail in their wake. They are (a-hungry) oblivious to whatever screams or cries the chicklets might be making. They only want food. They pull clumps of hair, feathers, and skin as their assault continues. The wounds they inflict are paranormal - it is as if they are simply inhaling the flesh.

Now might be a good time to run, chicklets. They are still a-hungry.

Oh no! Both Aurelia and Destry have sustained serious injuries. Each of their legs is badly bitten and cut. Other injuries they have sustained include: loss of feathers, infected cuts, puss-filled boils, and a painful rash.

Admin Note: You must have a VOTG pass to request anything from the God's here. Having an extra roll is only applicable during a drop.