the Rift

[OPEN] ACHTUNG!

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen

Rei was jolted from her sleep by the shouts of her herd-mates. Briefly she was irritated; miffed over the loss of the dreams that were now long lost. Then the realization that trouble was brewing dawned on her. Quickly shedding the fog that sleep had draped over her she made her way towards where the shouts were the loudest.

Her hooves pounded the ground beating out a drumbeat to complement the sound of the voices that rang out. It all came together to create the song of chaos.

"We are under attack!" She thought that it may be Tandavi's voice that served as the climax of the song breaking through the steady thrashing rhythm.

Adrenaline pulsed through her veins. It was surreal. The pegasus had began to believe that nothing out of way took place here in Helovia, since she had ventured into its borders all she had been surrounded by was peace.

"By who?!" Rei spun in a tight circle her wide eyes searching the night's shadows for the invaders. Invaders in her home. Were they members of another herd? Maybe a group of rogue outcasts? Or was it some other creature entirely?

Losing some of her nerve Rei shivered in the crisp night air. Helovia was full of many strange creatures she had never seen before. What if it was some monstrous beast? Her gallop slowed to a gait that was no more than a canter. It was then that a flashback came back to her.

"I can't do it!" A six month old Rei stomped her hooves and threw her head back as she wailed the words. "I am not strong enough. I don't want to do this anymore. Can't we play with the dolls instead?" With her last question she perked up brightly ears pricked forward and eyes glittering as she glanced towards the stuffed dolls that she had neatly stacked in the plush green grass. He had said that this training would be important and that they would play after they were finished but it wasn't as much fun as whenever he played with her. He was so good at playing as her favorite doll's boyfriend. No wonder her momma had picked him to be Rei's dad.

"What makes you think that you aren't strong enough?"

"I can't get it right!" he was going to still make her wait to play. A pout formed on her small muzzle. Maybe her mother hadn't chosen very well after all. "I am never fast enough to dodge and I am nowhere near strong enough. Shaidia's parents don't make her learn to fight!"

"A true soldier does not have to be the strongest or the most agile." Ignoring her complaints he thrust his muzzle against her chest, "It is what is in here that matters." His booming laugh shook the air in the training grounds as she stumbled back from the force of his touch, "It also helps if you keep those hooves of yours firmly balanced." His voice had gone tender, gone was the much hated authoritative tone that he only used during the time he was training her, this was instead the pure tone of a father.

The unsurpassable love of a father was what drove him to give her these lessons regularly. Her friend Shaidia was a cremello and would never have to face any troubles. Herlov, a fewspot, had passed his genetics on to his daughter. There was no guarantee that Leridanna would be able to keep Rei's coloring a secret for forever. He would be sure that their daughter could defend herself. "A soldier is someone who chooses to stand between their enemy and those that are held dear. Don't ever forget that Rei. If you remember nothing else about what I have taught you at least remember that."

Once he was convinced that the words had sunk into Rei he turned from her with a mischievous colt-like expression coming across his face. Whenever he turned back towards her again he held her favorite doll firmly between his teeth. "Youff need purpffuse in your fightingf." Her young doe like eyes widened in indigation as he tossed the doll to the sandy ground. Now he spoke without the toy muffling his speech. "Defend her."

Her eyes went from being as wide as one of her father's hooves to being narrowed in determination. He had driven his lesson home.

A similar narrowed eyed look of determination crossed over Rei's features. The lesson her father had taught her so very long ago was still fresh in her mind. Although she had found herself terrified and didn't think herself to be as tough as those who were already engaged in battle, Rei still had a home full of those she considered family who needed her to help protect them.

All questions and worries about what had came upon them were answered as a mountain lion slinked towards her. Rei firmly planted her feet, tucked her wings in close to her sides, and arched her neck to make herself appear larger. It was a battle stance.

"You look young," although she didn't let her defensive stance falter any she wanted to first take a compassionate route with the creature. "This is my home. These other pegasi, equines, and unicorns are my family. As I am sure the other mountain lions are your own." She didn't break her gaze from the predator before her but her ears flicked restlessly in every direction taking in the sounds of the fights flaring up around her. "Please," her voice broke as she begged the creature to leave. She should consider the lion an enemy but couldn't bring herself to, instead she only saw another young creature trying to make its way in the world. "Please leave before someone gets hurt."

Rei fell silent with her ears still pinned. Her loyalty was tied to Dragon's Throat. If the mountain lion struck she would have no choice but to retaliate. With her body language she communicated that message, but with her eyes she still pleaded with the wild animal.
x - x
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Messages In This Thread
ACHTUNG! - by NPC - 07-29-2014, 12:00 PM
RE: ACHTUNG! - by Tandavi - 07-29-2014, 03:54 PM
RE: ACHTUNG! - by Sikeax - 07-30-2014, 02:40 PM
RE: ACHTUNG! - by Hector - 07-30-2014, 06:41 PM
RE: ACHTUNG! - by Rei - 07-31-2014, 11:16 AM
RE: ACHTUNG! - by Aurelia - 07-31-2014, 03:59 PM
RE: ACHTUNG! - by Rei - 08-01-2014, 09:38 PM
RE: ACHTUNG! - by NPC - 08-03-2014, 04:08 AM
RE: ACHTUNG! - by Cera - 08-03-2014, 05:16 AM
RE: ACHTUNG! - by Lace - 08-04-2014, 10:10 AM