the Rift

[OPEN] ACHTUNG!!

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo
Destrier

The nausea had finally passed. Descending from that island in the sky would surely be the death of me, I was certain, be it from falling at such a great height or a heart attack as those clouds carried me through the skies. My reaction was a great form of entertainment to Suli each and every time I ascended or descended, the little emerald rolling with her draconic form of laughter, her violet gaze alight with mirth.

We had returned in order to carry out our normal patrols, as I had sworn to do so long ago, knowing the Edge was at high risk for intruders while the lot of us spent most of our time up on that floating island. It was a good thing we had returned, though, as not even halfway into our patrol of the eastern border, a piercing cry reverberated throughout the Edge and had Suli and I moving at once. The call had been made only a short distance from us, and it took little time for us to arrive.

There were three bears, four if you counted the lone cub at what I assumed was his mother's feet, as well as a face I had yet to learn but was clearly of the Edge, a pale Pegasus with blue flames rising and crackling from her form. My eyes grew wide as I watched her dive for the mother.

"No!!

I bellowed the word out, and without thinking I surged forward, but nothing in the world could propel me forward quick enough to stop my comrade. So I threw my front feet out to come to the quickest halt my heavy body could manage, a panicked look etched into the dark features of my face. My mind was clearly torn between the need to defend the Edge and retain its peace, as well as hold that peace within myself and try to placate the situation without violence.

"Please, let us try and scare them away," I proffered to the flaming miss, hoping she would understand, "If we harm them, then they may not live once they're out of here." Especially the one with a cub in her care, a cub who would never survive without its mother at such an age.

Suli seemed to understand, even if through the bond I could feel her holding her own flames back. Sucking in a deep breath, I shifted my focus on the other two bears, as much as I yearned to keep a watchful eye out for the young cub. Ears flattened back in a threatening manner, and suddenly I charged at one of the bears, stopping myself just short of it with teeth bared. From Suli came a deep, throaty growl as she flew above the same bear, snapping at its ears but never quite latching on. As she crossed between the small space between myself and the bear, she let loose a jet of flame into the air in a display of power, in an attempt to frighten the creature and send it running the other way.

"Talk."

Credits

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
ACHTUNG!! - by NPC - 07-29-2014, 12:07 PM
RE: ACHTUNG!! - by Parelia - 07-29-2014, 04:20 PM
RE: ACHTUNG!! - by Destrier - 07-29-2014, 05:53 PM
RE: ACHTUNG!! - by NPC - 08-03-2014, 04:21 AM
RE: ACHTUNG!! - by Kaj - 08-03-2014, 04:58 AM
RE: ACHTUNG!! - by Ktulu - 08-03-2014, 08:26 PM
RE: ACHTUNG!! - by Cheveyo - 08-03-2014, 09:49 PM