the Rift

Searching... {OPEN}

Saveliy Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: saveliy_credits_by_horsewhisperer101-d5hv8hz.jpg]

What was freedom? Seriously? We were all tricked into believing we have freedom right in our grasps but that was a lie. Or at least it had to be, didn’t it? After all, we can’t truly do what we want to when we want to, can we? Yes there is my proof! Indeed we are not free.

The appaloosa stallion gazed about him as he thought, black eyes intent on the details all around him, deciphering their build as he thought which had become a habit. Sometimes when he was deep in thought he would even begin pacing. Shaking out his thick black mane a quick smile graced his lips as he turned his gaze to the skies.

Ofcoarse the pegasi are free, more so than those of us who dwelled the earth. I pawed at the ground and threw my crown from one side to the other, quite a handsome move as I set off into a high gaited trot. My knees grazed my chest as my muscles bunched and stretched as if begging to be free of their fleshy prison. A somewhat cocky smile was plastered to my velvet maw as I cocked my crown from side to side with every step, lion tail flowing on after me and mane bobbing like an ebonite waterfall. Coming to a sudden stop I threw my head up once more, neck muscles straining as I let forth a powerful whinny, eyes shining with anticipation as I called upon my life long friend, Rudy.

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica

What another cold day set in the grips of bringing snow. The thick of her coat felt good, soaking up the heat from the sun, and being a guard against the harsher season. The Sun God had been banished after all, and it didn't seem too far fetched to believe the quick coming of this snippy weather was in result. The cold was alright, she had been born in a mixed climate and after all the fires she would be relieved to see it snow. Snow could wipe the world clean, least make it appear to be. A harsh cruel winter would serve Helovia well, she believed in survival of the fittest. Maybe it would cause less mischief, and misfortune. It took greater effort to travel, and using energy for it instead of heat could be unwise.

A shake of her head, what was left of her mane collected together round the curve of her neck. She drank in the fresh air that spoke of Frostfall, and found her eyes wandering to the leaves that made the carpet at her hooves. What did this season have in store for her? It was tempting to try to find out her fate, but how fickle that was. Nothing was set in stone, she could be sure. While she pondered she found herself returning to the Threshold in hopes of recruiting another member to their band. She did not expect to see one so soon.

After entering through the gates of evergreens, turning a way that was not a beaten trail she spied the silver appaloosa trotting across the terrain. He held his carriage with a sense of pride, before stopping and letting out a call. She would not know to who he beckoned too, but she stepped forward from the cover of brush. "I don't think I'm the one you're calling to, but I figure it's more polite to say hello now, rather then remain spying in the shadows." This she would say with a crooked smile, and subtle brush of her red tail against her hocks.

Unregistered

Snow kept falling like a curtain to the ground, delicate white wisps that drifted too easily within the gathering breeze which no doubt meant there would be a small to medium storm coming soon. Sav shook out his luxuriously thick mane and pricked his ears outward then forward, intent to catch his friend this time before he could sneak up on him. His face was drawn in mischief and his black eyes glinted as he waited, alert and at the ready.

I flicked my lion’s tail eagerly at my sides while keeping complete stock of my immediate surroundings all the time. The constant fall of snow was thin though it still obscured my vision and I bobbed my crown every time a flake would come to rest upon my nose. A thick muddy business collected at my hooves and I snorted, billowing puffs of steam into the air. I wasn’t overly fond of getting dirty but displeasure was hidden well. I was no colt any longer and I had to act my age.

When a mare suddenly appeared before my 17.2 hand frame I almost leaped away but kept to a good startle, appendages shocking stiff and relaxing as I pranced a few strides back just as she spoke,

"I don't think I'm the one you're calling to, but I figure it's more polite to say hello now, rather then remain spying in the shadows."

Her face adorned a crooked smile while my own held a bit of shock and confusion that quickly faded to an unsure expression,

“I… I… d-d-d- must say I agree.”

There were few words I knew I could never utter. Do was one of them and here I stood before her, uncaring enough of my language usage and ending up stuttering like a fool. Scowling at myself silently I nodded my crown,

“What… Why are you here?”

Yes it was painstakingly obvious, I wasn’t all too trustful…

Hidden Account
Sica

If knowing her thoughts snow started to drift down from the heavens. First it was gentle wisps of white tiny dots, then started to pick up speed, becoming small flakes. The stallion before her looked already draped in a snowstorm himself, his silvery hided marked with pure, white flecks. What she did not expect was to startle him. He was a bit taller than her, there wasn't exactly a lot to him, if he missed some meals. Maybe, it was his body type. He would venture away from her, she would stand steadily undaunted by his choices.

When he spoke it was clear he might be a bit more than startled. This she took in stride, once again a bit surprised herself a stallion should react that way. She wasn't entirely scary was she? Born with an ominous outside, she didn't have real blood dripping from her, and her coat was well except for her withers which were still recovering from her fight. Tempted to go closer to see if he would run from her, she locked her hooves to the frozen ground beneath her.

"I'm here looking for wandering rogues who seek a loyal herd to be a part of, if that does not fancy your interest I can leave you in peace."

Unregistered

My eyes were fixed on the mare before me indefinitely, never leaving the depths of her eyes as I studied them, deciphering her every movement. She seemed somewhat shocked to the fact that she had startled me, but I lifted my proud crown high, horn jabbing into the sky as a stern gaze took over my ebonite eyes. I knew I was much more lean than most of the population on Helovia, but nonetheless I was taller than her and had to regain my honor.

I noticed her withers which were scattered with marks and bruises. No doubt she had been in a recent fight. Pricking my ears at her I created quite a regal picture as she spoke,

"I'm here looking for wandering rogues who seek a loyal herd to be a part of, if that does not fancy your interest I can leave you in peace."

A cocky smile adorned my kissers and I cocked my head a little to the side,

“What makes you think I need a herd, missy.”

I bobbed my head in amusement and pawed with my right front striped hoof, throwing my head from left to right in quite the charming manner,

“By the way I’m Saveliy. You are?”

Hidden Account
Sica

The male gazed upon her as if he might read be able to read her, he would have to have magic for that. Even then it would have to be some special magic to hold her from moving. Maybe he needed to be taken down a couple knotches, she knew a stallion shorter than herself who was made of more than this one before her. He exchanged his look of fear to a more defined, hardened one. It did little to impress, or intimidate. Had he been worshiped too? Faelene held back asking the question, for she did not care to know. Least he had enough sense to try to regain a less humiliating posture.

When he spoke, whatever she was not going to try to assume him to be was about to become harder to do. He acted like he was some tough guy now with tricks of his own.

She laughed at the notion of being called missy, the way he was so proud to look down upon her, if he should be some charming prince. With a flip of her nose, tossing her mane upward she answered, "I don't,but I assume when a stallion balks at the sight of a mare he has issues. Lacking a herd may be one of them." She plainly put her words, wanting to wipe his smirk from his pale muzzle. "And if you have no interest in what I have to offer, telling you my name seems pointless Saveliy. So if you really well off I rather not waste any more of your time or mine."

Unregistered

I gazed upon the mare before me still, ears glued to her, eyes fixed on her every move only because I didn’t trust her at all. No matter if she was a unicorn like I was or not. I didn’t find her exceptionally pleasing and her demeanor must have been the biggest turnoff. Her coloring and feminine body was beautiful, I had to admit but her hard manner of being somewhat intimidated me. Why did she need to be like that to one of her own? Maybe she also had trust issues. I sure knew I had them. Even now my ears flattened nervously, eyes becoming shifty. I was well aware of the rumors that unicorns have started the feud. Whether I believed it or not was not of the question now and I stomped one hoof somewhat nervously, tail flicking at my haunches repeatedly. Where was Rudy?

The girl’s laugh drew my attention back to her, away from my search. It was obvious that I was distracted and I wondered if she noticed I hadn’t come here to be admitted into a herd. I had to look down at her but I didn’t make a scene of it. I wasn’t trying to look down at her but she was shorter, what was I supposed to do? Get on my knees? I could see the height difference was agitating her and so I slumped somewhat. She flipped her nose, tossing her mane and spoke,

"I don't, but I assume when a stallion balks at the sight of a mare he has issues. Lacking a herd may be one of them."

Slight anger filled me after her words. How dare she even try to propose what she thought was the cure to my problems. The anger seemed to flow into my features and I snorted harshly and replied equally so,

“Do not fool yourself into thinking you have the cure for me, mare! You have no idea who I am or what I’ve been through!”

She then spoke of not having to tell me her name but I had turned my back on her already and was slowly walking away, somewhat irritated as I slapped my tail at my sides, ears flattened. I was tired of everyone asking me to join their herds. I didn’t wanna be in one okay!

Hidden Account
Sica

What a bunch of jittery nerves he was. She had been not far different from him when arriving in the same place, but she had hidden it much better than this. She really wanted to ask what he was afraid of, what could make him so anxious. She felt like that would probably be another dig to his pride, and hurt his ego. Then, if he was already wounded what was another?

A brow quirked as he appeared to try to lower himself. It was not he was taller than her, she assumed he could have been shorter than her and stand with his nose in the sky. It was evident his anger by her jest, and she knew she better watch her manners again. Easily she took what was suppose to upset her in return, but they rolled off her like pouring rain. "That is true, I should not assume, and I don't know anything about you really," she answered, letting him digest that. He would have to actually say something horrible to upset her.

What a child he was, turning his back to her because she was not so compliant. Oh brother, she thought while letting out a very hushed sigh. The silver, and spotted unicorn was heading off on his way. It was not in her to chase him, or apologize. She did call out to him, "Good luck Saveliy with whatever it is you carry from your past, but do not expect kindness in return from smugness." It would be with a shake of her head, she headed off to find someone else.

She will exit if he continues to want to be alone. :)

Unregistered

I stopped in my tracks at her words and flicked my tail once more at my sides repeatedly. My ears were pricked back at the mare and guilt started to override me. My head was hanging somewhat lower as I finally turned around but when I looked for her she was already leaving. I nickered to her and set off at a trot, drawing up beside her, gazing at the floor as I walked and spoke in a softer voice,

“Please forgive me. I had no right to go off on you like that…”

Walking a little faster I slipped infront of her and blocked her way, staring straight into her eyes.

“Now please tell me your name. It is important to me.”

"Speak"

Hidden Account
Sica

Steps broke across the light sheet of snow, the white cold clinging to the tips of her hooves to leave the grass bare. Knowing quite well she was not up to another argument, and feeling it would not do any good she was ready to scout further. If he wanted to be left in peace, he should have it, perhaps he wanted to be alone.

Eyes would focus to the falling flakes, closing her lashes to brush them from her sight, he called out to her by a strum of his vocals. The lady's steps slowed, not quiet halting until he asked for forgiveness. Unexpected, she cocked her head back to the silver, slime lined steed. Before she could speak, continue the stretch of a new step he skidded round, facing her. The dark eyes widened, meeting a pair purely black yet holding no spite. Solidly she held his look, not understanding what had made him change his mind. He had come this way, reflecting a more suitable nature, letting his go of his pride. That she supposed was worth knowledge of her name."Faelene, and you are not the only one who has spooked by the mere sight of another. Everyone is fighting their own demons, and shadows. I'm in hope of helping my own kind conquer theirs."

Unregistered

Saveliy stood stock still for a moment, lion tail flicking nervously at his sides but his mask was now a picture of curiosity mingled with a slight sense of confidence, albeit SLIGHT. The snow kept falling and packed upon his expressive façade until he shook it off to clear his vision again. Finally she slowed, not yet stopping until Saveliy asked her for forgiveness. This finally stopped her and she cocked her head around to look straight at him. Saveliy came skidding around and faced her head on, determination now glinting within his dull ebony eyes. Her own eyes widened and Saveliy wisely took a small step back, exiting her personal space. She looked like she was dissecting him with her gaze and the appaloosa colored stud merely grinned. She finally spoke, her voice melodic and fiery at the same time,

"Faelene, and you are not the only one who has spooked by the mere sight of another. Everyone is fighting their own demons, and shadows. I'm in hope of helping my own kind conquer theirs."

Saveliy nodded and then added his own set of lyrics,

“Pleased to formally meet you, Faelene. Might I add that you have quite a honorable mission.”

The stud paused for a small moment then continued,

“Do you mind walking with me?”

"Speak"

Hidden Account
Sica
I'm sorry for the wait!! My life got a little crazy.

The change in front of her made her supscious of his intentions, but her ears cupped in his direction, interest sparked in her eyes. She did not hold the supscious look they carried still. He was unknown to her, and she was weary of such things. She wasn't what caused the grin upon his mug, but could see he might be more out to listen.

With what she said he nodded his head, tuning his own voice in more reasonable method. Maybe, he wasn't all bad and thoughtless. "Alright," she stated, with a dark raised brow. She waited for him to lead the way, unknowing if he wanted to talk or something else. Either way she was not giving her guard up.