the Rift

[OPEN] stand beside or step aside {birthing}

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit

In the silence of the aftermath, her own panting and the quiet snuffling of her daughter the only additions of the early morning, they are alone together. Such an odd combination of words, but fitting nonetheless. And in time, Arya began to shudder into a more concise form of movement, determination helping her to her hooves in a movement her mother copied as a curious, hungry muzzle searched blindly for a few moments, bumping along a pale pink flank before finding purchase. Fondly regarding her, Hotaru's ears flicked as the sound of approach was recognized, and protective instinct reared its head until her head whipped around a familiar gilded form came into view. Tensed muscles relaxed, and a weary smile greeted the fine Lady that came sauntering elegantly into view. It was a further reason for pride, to have the Lady of the Basin be there, and be the first, to witness Arya as she stumbled into the world. Glowing evidently in her eyes, Hotaru smiled gently at the Basin Lady and invited her closer with a subtle tilt of her head.

"Thank you, Lady Illynx. She will hopefully grow to be a fine mare," she purred, soft and velveteen as it coated her words. But there was no hope involved, for Hotaru would raise her with love, but also with the strength of a thousand soldiers and the royalty of a hundred queens and monarchs. Gazing down at her filly once more, her smile softened. "Her name will be Arya." And in the quiet that follows there is another approaching, a stallion this time whom she greets with pinned ears at first glance, relaxing only as he approaches with the timidity of one aware of a mother's potential reaction. Snorting softly she allowed him closer, idly nudging her daughter's flank if only for the excuse to touch her.

"Yes, all is well," she assured primly, offering a perfectly composed smile despite the exhaustion pulling like sap and fog on her delicate bones. His compliments only bolstered her spirits past the fatigue, and she shifted her curtain of gold and silver to better view the stallion to express her gratitude for his words. "Thank you Krieger. I'm Hotaru, Phantom until Arya is older, but a soldier as well." He is kindly, and so he is seen as less of a threat, but she still prefers Illynx (perhaps with a pinch of insanity with that decision) over his company. Not that it remains them for much longer, Lena a vaguely familiar face as she approached.

Laughing kindly at the wink and the offering she shook her head with fond amusement. "I am merely exhausted, she is a fighter through and through. I don't believe your talents should be wasted on my fatigue," she explained away, glancing between the three around her and waiting in silence for the sire who did not show. Though she was fully prepared to raise Arya on her own, as she had told him, the one thing she'd wanted from him was the presence at her birth. Perhaps it was because her own father hadn't been there for hers. But with a stubborn clench of her jaw she glanced down and vowed to herself that she would be twice the man of any stallion who claimed to be Arya's father, that she would be mother and father to the babe and do a damn fine job of it too.

I'm not a girl, I'm storm with skin

Image Credits
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
stand beside or step aside {birthing} - by Hotaru - 07-31-2014, 05:32 AM
RE: stand beside or step aside {birthing} - by Hotaru - 08-20-2014, 09:33 PM