the Rift

Walking in Dignity (Zamoro)

Zamoro Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Zamoro lazily walked through the bare forest of ice and bark. Keeping his head gloomy and lazily down, as he continued his slow pace. He made a deep sigh in annoyance "Uhh.. Snow." He felt the bare wind blow through him making him shudder in the icy wind. Feeling the crunch of snow under his hooves made him even more annoyed by the echoing sound of the same thing. Winter was his least favorite especially when your traveling around. He was deep in thought him mind whispered to himself. "Where am I?" Zamoro rose his head up a little looking around.
Only the blanket of snow covering the ground and the naked branches on tree's that once bared the greenest and orange leaves of Spring, Summer, and Autumn. He silently awed a little in disbelief. He was in another lands. It had been some time before he could have wandered to other lands, and now here he was. Entering the new place. He thought in his awed and excited mind "New lands. That means More faster races, different harder training, and more mares to flirt with." As his last words spoke in his mind he rose his head up with dignity and picked up his pace to a trot. He began looking forward and around curiously looking for something or someone.

Xenos Yaro Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Strange... He could not remember it coming snow around these parts, but maybe it was something local that came during the night and would go away with the next rain that passed by. Xenos had been lingering around in the forest the whole day, idly walking back and forth across the border between Foothills and Threshold, looking for something to do or finding someone new.

He had now placed himself off the path and was busy exploring a bush with tried, unfamiliar berries when hoof beats from a trotting horse reached his ears. Head snapped open and he moved the ears towards the sound, following it until it sounded close enough for him to let out a calling neigh.

"Hello! Who goes there?" Curiosity and kindness rang in his voice and he made his way back onto the path, turning his ears around and listened eagerly for an answer.

Unregistered
Zamoro trotted through the snow listening and hearing the song birds sing there light deepful toon. And the chatter of the squirrels in the cold bare tree's as he looked around exitedly for someone. He heard the call of someon "Hello! Who goes there?" Zamoro stopped in his track, and listened quietly, then smiling in his success of finding another he spoke loudly "It is I! I am Zomoro where are you?" Zamoro looked around in curiousness of where this horse was. It was defenintly a stallion, for his words of asking echoing to Zamoro were deeper than any Mare could go. With his ears pricked up Zamoro listened for the stallion to come to him or atleast say something in return to his asking response.

Unregistered
He got an answer and both ears and head turned straight in that direction. Carefully as ever, Xenos started to walk towards the other horse. His wings were half extended and brushed lightly against the trees on his sides, telling him where they were. Head lowered towards the ground and nose angled a bit towards himself so that the horns were going first, should a tree suddenly be in front of him.

When he got closer (a few yards) and could more clearly feel the scent of the other, he stopped and lifted his head. "Hi Zomoro. I am Xenos Yaro from Windtossed Foothills and is welcoming you to the land of Helovia. What brings you here? A kind smile was upon his face, ears curiously forward and face turned politely in the direction of the new comer.

Unregistered
Zamoro looked around curiously pricking his ears up. Turning his head to meet the mysterious horse. He heard the brushing of someone coming as they approached to him. Zamoro scanned the Stallion's appearence for a second, noticing the wings and horns. The other one smiled friendly and asked why he comes here. Zamoro spoke slightly eager yet curious of this other stallion speaking strongly with his light breath through the icy air. "I come from long ways, searching. I am just a traveling warrior passing through finding new adventures." Zamoro smiled, thinking of the good times.

He felt the warm husking breath of his as he breathed in and out. Where he could see his own breath as he breathed calmly. Waiting for the others response,

Unregistered
Traveling warrior. An adventure, searching. Xenos had searched before as well, for a new home. He had found one, twice, and for him it had been very lonely to wander around, not knowing when and where to find shelter and comfort. Maybe this Zamoro was weary of traveling?

"I you like, I could show you the way to the area I am living in. It is grass and forest by the foot of the mountains just north of here, with a waterfall ending in a lovely lake." He extended his head towards the other, breathing in Zamoro's scent to remember it together with his voice. Lingering smells of other horses that had passed through recently was in the air too, but Xenos ignored it for now and just concentrated his attention on this stallion.

Unregistered
Zamoro heard the words as he felt the wamth of his breath. He thought for a moment and nodding his wiskfull head up and down. He agree'd upon this. The lands of course was cold and of bitter ice and snow. He would come with this other stallion, so he could maybe find better place other than sleeping in a unsheltered place while his traveling came. He remembered the three winters he had to deal with before alone, and they were not very good ones. Giving him the dislike for the season of cold bitterness. With no appealing life what so ever around in the frosted snow.
He took a small breath and spoke wondering "Thank you for your kindness." And waited with his ears pricked above upon his head he waited for a response from this kind stallion. He wondered in his mind this place is already kind to me. Maybe I might stay.

Unregistered
The nodding went by unnoticed the blind Xenos, but the thanks from Zamoro had him guess that the offer was accepted. "I am sure you will like it there. The herd is big and kind, and we accept everyone. Well, those that to not cause a lot of trouble." He gave a light chuckle and shook his head. Zamoro seemed nice enough for that to not be a problem.

"It is right this way. Xenos started to walk along the path, then turned onto another heading north through the forest and away towards the Foothills. It was always nice to meet someone new and even better to be able to take them home to the family.

((I guess we can end it there? Welcome to Foothills. :) ))