the Rift

[PRIVATE] Leatherbound

Finn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

My clear embarrassment was quick to wane when I spied that smile slip across the grey's face. Rather than laugh or turn and walk away, she simply introduced herself, and I was thankful I could leave the thought of my embarrassing act behind me.

She states she's from the Falls, a place I've never seen, but even in my short time here in Helovia, I'd already met so many from there. Midas, then Kiara and Adelric, and now, Cashmere, a mason like myself. Chocolate hued eyes grew wide and bright at the aspect of meeting another crafter like myself, but before I could inquire as to what her craft was, she continues and I find myself tiltling my head to one side.

"The Earth God?" I repeated rhetorically, having zero knowledge of the being she spoke of. I knew of my earth goddess, the good Jörð, but I was certain it wasn't she whom Cashmere spoke of. My lips pursed as I mulled over her questions, hardly caring that we had only met a literal minute ago. She seemed kind enough, and it would be oh so rude to deny her an answer to such a simple, yet so complex, question.

"Well," I began with an all too serious, focused expression written across my face as I pondered my answer. "I think only of the poor soul I must first find in order to craft at all," I explained, my gaze shifting down to the deceased doe and heaving a sorrowful exhale at the sight of her, "I wonder how they went, hope that it was painless and they were not gripped with fear... But when I do craft, it it is with the intent to make something beautiful, to preserve the life of the one whom I take material from." The words sounded strange on my tongue as I spoke them; it all sounded so much better and made much more sense in my head than it did out loud.

The horned mare had asked how crafting made me feel, what kind of emotions were invoked as I worked. Now, that was a question; how did it make me feel? "... Helpful, useful," I decided after a moment, my gaze finally shifting upwards to look once more upon Cashmere, "Over the years, I've made many a useful things for myself and for my Kingdom. It's become a part of me, and I can't imagine it being ripped away from me, miss. The thought it a terrible one."

Now, my look was far more inquisitive as I kept my head tilted back to look at the tall, dappled mare. My voice lacked anything but curiosity when I finally spoke again. "Why is it Jör--" No, Finn, this isn't Ossic Briar. "Err... the Earth God, asked you of this?"

"talk"

F I N N
to coax the darkness into light

Messages In This Thread
Leatherbound - by Cashmere - 08-03-2014, 02:55 PM
RE: Leatherbound - by Finn - 08-13-2014, 04:15 PM
RE: Leatherbound - by Cashmere - 08-16-2014, 06:27 PM
RE: Leatherbound - by Finn - 08-18-2014, 05:49 PM
RE: Leatherbound - by Cashmere - 08-26-2014, 10:32 PM