the Rift

[PRIVATE] Leatherbound

Cashmere Posts: 115
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 5 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Cashmere

I watch the buckskin as he thinks about my question, and stay silent myself. My brown eyes take in his stocky form and his curious, intelligent eyes. It pleases me that he is so easy to talk to and willing to answer my questions. Questions from a perfect stranger. Soon enough he parts his lips to speak, and my dark grey tipped ears perk forward to catch every word. As he mentions a "poor soul", my gaze wanders over to the carcass that lies abandoned on the ground. I'm sure that Finn has not killed it himself - he seems to have too much remorse and his lips show no sign of blood. It soothes me that he is not some heartless killer. Still, it is sad that he must take from another creature to make new. But my gaze immediately returns to his face with the following words:

"But when I do craft, it is with the intent to make something beautiful, to preserve the life of the one whom I take material from."

That above all else pierces my heart, because it echoes exactly how I feel. I want to make something wonderful, to make up for the destruction that is inevitably wrought. Of course, I don't leave death in my wake as I used to, for whatever reason. I think that it may be related to the Voice, since she has been gone for so long now. But I can't really be sure. The way Finn speaks it is almost like he doesn't think I will understand what he means - but I absolutely do. I wonder if he can see it on my face as I nod in agreement. It sounds so peaceful.

But now he asks me what brings me to him. I seek the gift of crafting water to glass from the Earth God, and he has sent me on a quest. The goals I have just explained to you through my questions. I smile softly, calmly, but exuberance is in my eyes. I'm so happy to find someone that feels the way I do. I clear my throat, realizing there is a question that I have yet to answer. I craft stone for those in the Hidden Falls, but though I enjoy crafting, it is not the means that I am truly drawn to. It's one of the most honest things I've said in a long time, and I realize as I say it that it's something I've been holding in, afraid to admit to myself let alone anyone else. I don't want to appear ungrateful for my position, or unappreciative of the opportunity and gifts that have already been granted to me.

WC: 448
Tag: @[Finn]

What is BROKEN cannot always be REMADE
Image Credit
[Image: cashmere_by_lainey_lou-d73bbjq.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
Leatherbound - by Cashmere - 08-03-2014, 02:55 PM
RE: Leatherbound - by Finn - 08-13-2014, 04:15 PM
RE: Leatherbound - by Cashmere - 08-16-2014, 06:27 PM
RE: Leatherbound - by Finn - 08-18-2014, 05:49 PM
RE: Leatherbound - by Cashmere - 08-26-2014, 10:32 PM