the Rift

[OPEN] one step closer [leaders]

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie

The devil bent my ear today about his magical elixir

That would make the sorrow go away

There were strangers at her door… again.

One would think the cold and our reputations would keep them away, she thinks to herself as she goes to answer the sound of calls and the stench of dragons that wafts across the crisp, mountain air to her raised nostrils; while the summer has been merciful and the heat has been easy this year, it has left the Basin in a state of cool that does not touch the rest of Helovia sprawling at her feet, and she wonders with an unkind curvature to her lips if the dragons are enjoying the snow as much as she does.

She certainly hopes not – but dons her caricatured mask, anyway, letting any bitter or hard thoughts against the strangers who smell more and more like the Edge the closer she comes fade away into nothingness at the back of her mind, an ever present static to keep her on her toes during their conversation. They’ve sent a damn army by the looks of it, but there are only two in the group that really hold any interest to her – the red woman with the flying lizard and a hulking, muscular brute laced with the scars of a life spent in battle, the white etchings of raised tissue bold against his stark black frame.

Horses, she cannot help but think, but she doesn’t recall there being much else during her rendezvous to their misty little homeland aside from the feathered king – and one of them, to hold to the theme, does have wings. But, compared to the others in his company, he is almost the naïve boy among his elders, instantly picked out by the golden woman as she comes to a gratuitous and gleaming stop before her… guests.

She settles her golden eyes with their thousand fires burning bright upon the one who she assumes as summoned her here, the chestnut dame with the fierce façade and the hovering orange sky rodent, who she takes extra care to smile fondly at – most dragons, from her experience (and if one could believe that she took note of such blasphemous worms such as the wyverns kept by the hornless filth of the earth), are just as vain as she is, if not more.

”Welcome, comrades of the Queen Kahlua,” her words are sweet and airy, spun confectioner’s sugar as she smiles and flits her eyes from each face to the other, holding them for a few moments longer on who she assumes to be the leader of the group (as she is female, obviously strong of will, and has summoned her while the others remained silent alongside her), ”I am, of course, the Lady Illynx, and find myself quite pleased to meet you all.” A lie, but it rises from her lips with all the supple grace that a river follows its path and not a flicker of disgust reveals itself in the golden depths of her gaze or the smooth porcelain of her falsified smiles. ”How might I be of assistance this afternoon, my friends? Perhaps you bring word of the inquiry I posed to the lovely Sunshower and her golden King?”

[ OOC: I can take it down and wait on it for a while if you guys want to go ahead and get in first. :P I just had the muse and I'm excited about it soooo here it is. Just PM me if you want me to hold my unicorns so to speak lolol. ]

Artist | Background | Horse Head | Horse Figure | Table by Time
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Messages In This Thread
one step closer [leaders] - by Evangeline - 08-03-2014, 05:50 PM
RE: one step closer [leaders] - by Illynx - 08-07-2014, 07:43 AM
RE: one step closer [leaders] - by Lakota - 08-12-2014, 10:49 PM
RE: one step closer [leaders] - by Deimos - 08-13-2014, 05:25 AM
RE: one step closer [leaders] - by Evangeline - 08-20-2014, 09:33 PM
RE: one step closer [leaders] - by Illynx - 08-26-2014, 01:29 PM