the Rift

[OPEN] :: Equine Cross Country Race ::

Dröm Posts: 114
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
The ground decided not to behave as she slipped through the hoop. The ground she feared would fall to the ground disappeared and she shot the talking turtle an uncertain look. Lace's damn plant magic had made her fall behind. Lace should not have plant magic. He had trapped her in the Rotunda and now he trips her. What's going to be next? Clouds appeared. They were set up like a series of steps that one had to navigate. She hesitantly jumped on the first cloud, confused as to how it was holding her. Way down below her was the ground in which she would fall to if she messed up, so she became extra careful.

Seeing that she is in the same spot as two stallions, determination lights up in her. To move up one space would be a blessing. If she loses one space, it'd be unfortunate but not terrible. Winning isn't everything and her moment of cockiness is gone with the wind (like Lace's heart). Once landing firmly on the cloud, she gallops about three steps then leaps to the next, careful not fail. She continues this process, hoping each new cloud will hold her like the last. Each cloud is basically the same as the last, yet each new cloud could mean her death. She is unaware that the ground will reappear if she falls. For now, she just assumes she will die if she trips off the puffy white cloud. She begins to worry, and breathes deeply ti calm down. [i]They won't let you die. Get a grip on yourself!]/i] She mentally shouts. She must be brave.
[Image: 53d6f2ea9010d]
pixel by baylee

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

Destrier and Suli</style>

Through the bond I could feel Suli beaming, and I didn't have to look back to know that one of those toothy grins had spread out across her face. It seemed her tactic had been successful in sending one or two of the competitors off the course, and though a part of me wanted to stop and apologize for the dragoness' behavior, there was something within me screaming to keep going, to press on and get to the front, which looked so far away from my place in the very back.

"Have faith," a voice suddenly called out, one from the turtle that I'd thought so far behind, "The clouds will hold if you trust them."

Trust... clouds?

Up ahead, a terrifying scene came before my eyes. It was as though I was running towards the cliffs of the World's Edge, ready to throw myself off of them and do the waters far below, only there were a line of clouds stretched out beyond them. A terrible feeling settled in the pit of my stomach, as though the claws of a beast were at me and gripping tightly to my stomach; I had a hard enough time riding the clouds to and from the island, let alone willing jumping from one to another.

The familiar form of Lace comes to a halt ahead of me, and I nearly follow in suit before it's too late and I fall to my end. But it was Suli's voice in my head that kept me going, beckoning me to go on and focus on her as she flies ahead, a comforting vantage point and a reminder not to look down. I had done things equally as terrifying before and managed to do so without dying, like carry my beloved boy up, over and through the steepest of mountain passes, or through the bloodiest battles... So why couldn't I do this?

Sucking in a deep breath, I surged forward, fixating my gaze on Suli's hovering green form. As the ground came to an end, I pushed my bulk into the air, front legs tucking and then stretching out to find purchase on the clouds, and much to my relief, they held. Now, to get to the next ring, and remember not to look down...

"Speak."

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Character Name || Roll

Kahlua || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 2 (2)
Lace || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 4 (4)
Sikeax || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 5 (5)
Drom || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 4 (4)
Brisa || Eliminated
Dragomir || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 3 (3)
Destrier || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 1 (1)
Adelric || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 3 (3)
Leeka || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 2 (2)

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

The sheer joy the grey felt from letting her muscles do what they were made for was easily seen upon her face as she continued forward eagerly. The roots that had sprung from the ground were thankfully thinning out making it much easier to concentrate on what else could lie ahead on this completely unknown journey. There had been times in the past when she had questioned the their gods intentions and reliability but this was in a time of darkness for her. Much had been going on in her life back then but now things were finally starting to look up leaving her doubts in the past. As the roots disappeared completely she released a sigh of relief before daring to chance a glance around to where the others had ended up as a result of such complications.

Somehow in the midst of the roots and apparently moving trees she had managed to move ahead two places to her delight. Completely estatic with her small accomplishment she pushed her pace forward confidently hoping to continue to gain position in this race. Passing under the first hoop had given her a rush and she could only imagine what the next few would feel like. Turning her blue orbs back to refocus on the course ahead she could hardly believe what she was seeing. Where the had once been land stretching onward there now lay a huge gap in the island's landscape with only luminous white fluffy clouds in between. What the hell?!? Snorting with uncertainty she dug her heels into the soft earth drastically slowing her pace so she would not plunge over the edge. Flicking an ear back towards the turtle's voice as he spoke as if to explain this situation that they had thrown at them all. Trust the clouds...seriously?

Fretting silently to herself she tried to come up with a solution that would allow her to pass over safely but came up blank. The only thing that could be done was to hop from one cloud to the next and pray that what the turtle said was true so she would not plunge to her death. With her heart beating wildly within her chest her pace lengthened slightly as she took the leap of faith from solid ground into the clouds. Blue flames sprung to life over the surface of her skin as her fear intensified but she bit down upon it to keep herself focused on where she was going. To her utmost relief her footing held within the cloud but she was not going to stick around to find out for how long it would last for she needed to keep moving or she would fall behind. Using only a single stride she quickly lept onto the next cloud and then the next as she scanned rapidly for solid ground once more. Be brave, don't look down, breathe... The words repeated themselves continuously over and over in her mind so to remind her of how she would get through this. It was just a matter of taking one step at a time and trusting that the gods would get her through this so she may return to her family in one piece.

Brisa speaks

NOTES: Blue fire over the surface of Brisa's body which is an involuntary reaction to her fear.

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Helovian Ancient
Admin notation | Character Name | Event

+4 | Kahlua | For having faith in the turtle, it seems Kahlua is rewarded. The clouds seem to call her down a lucky path, leaving her surging ahead. She gains TWO PLACES.

0 | Lace | Lace's use of his dragon is clever, but his pausing at the clouds keeps him from gaining any ground. He remains in the same position.

0 | Sikeax | Sikeax jumps bravely, but she picks a poor path through the clouds while she is busy laughing. She loses ONE PLACE.

-1 | Drom | Drom is brave, but her brief moment of panic must have slowed her. She remains in the same position.

x | Brisa | Brisa leaps bravely but her footing falters. She slips from the edge of a cloud and tumbles downwards, where a new cloud appears, capturing her before she can fall more than one or two feet, and it carries her safely back to the island. She is ELIMINATED.

-1 | Dragomir | Dragomir's strength serves him well as he jumps from place to place, though he still cannot find enough speed to catch up. He remains in the same position.

0 | Destrier | Destrier is lucky he has his dragon, who gives him the strength to keep running despite the fearful scene before him. His memories spur him onward and he gains ONE POSITION.

0 | Adelric | Because he must choose a path where the clouds are closer together, Adelric cannot gain any ground. He remains in the same position.

+3 | Leeka | Slow and steady wins the race. Again, using her intelligence, the mare is able to gain ground. Her precise jumping is invaluable in her pursuit of winning. She gains TWO PLACES.

Amused with himself for having created such a scene, the turtle laughs while all of the equines race onward. Still, he is not pleased that two mares seem to be so far ahead of the rest. He conjures a silly trick that he hopes will slow them down, allowing the rest to catch up so that the race might finish more fairly. While they bounce so daintily across the clouds, the final ring looming ahead, a headwind starts to blow. But more than just air blows. The wind brings cherry blossoms, mountains of cherry blossoms, which fill the air with their pink hue and make visibility very low, especially for the two out front. Those behind may have a slightly better time seeing, as Kahlua and Leeka's body's break up the wall of flower petals. "Hurry on!" he cries out, urging them all forward.

Round three begins here for those who were not eliminated! You have 72 hours to post.

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

Destrier and Suli</style>

With every leap, I felt my fear beginning to wane until it was no more, my confidence heightened by Suli's constant reassurance and the vision of Brisa tumbling off of the clouds, which had caused my heart to jump into my throat, but any ounce of fear felt was washed away as the pale nurse was carried back to safety before she could go plummeting.

Tucking my front legs together, I sailed through the second hoop, and when I landed next, my hooves were comforted by the familiar feeling of hard, stable ground. Looking up ahead, I could see the next and final hoop; it was a straightaway run from where I stood, and if I wanted to appease myself, Suli, my Gods, Bran... Now was the time I needed to step it up.

The wind began to pick up just moments later, carrying with it an unfathomable amount of cherry blossoms which nearly created a wall around us all and blocked out the majority of my sight. I had seen the path though, knew that if I kept straight, I should make it plenty fine... But one could never be too careful.

"Suli," I called to the dragoness' mind as I pushed myself onward, legs flying like never before as they carried my large frame through the blinding blossoms, "Fire!"

The emerald seemed to know exactly what I meant, and though I couldn't visibly see her through the mess of pink, I could hear the beat of her wings as she flew ahead of me, blowing a hot jet of flame in attempt to burn the cherry blossoms and create a better line of sight.

"Speak."

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Dragomir Posts: 275
World's Edge Glazier atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17" :: 7 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bunnie
As it seems others drop off from the race behind him, some taken by the clouds and others simply too fearful to take the first steps, he feels a rush of excitement that maybe, just maybe, he’ll come out on top of this challenge and get to have something to brag about should he ever go back to the Isle to share his adventures as Vihar and Szello often did. As the tale stands now, its already interesting, but it would feel good to be able to say he’d won a race in honor of their species.

But as he thumps to solid earth again, the light of the golden ring still framing his rump as his eyes search ahead of him, he feels all the hope crush out of him almost instantly.

While others have fallen from the race, he is still the farthest behind of those still running; even Destrier is ahead of him now. Nearly groaning in aggravation with himself and his endless ability to fail at things he wishes to succeed at, he gives an additional spurt of speed to his bulk even as his legs mutter of weariness beneath him, the veneer of sweat plastered to his now black brown coat dripping streaks into his eyes and ignored but for the few pings of irritation that surge through him when the salt burns his sight.

Maybe a race wasn’t such a good idea; he wasn’t really built for speed, but it had been a challenge to him and his kind none the less, and for all the ways he had struggled to change himself since coming to Helovia, his pride for his species had been moved none the less. That he faltered despite his convictions was souring in ways, but also drove him forward even as the pink petals that had lazily wafted through the air become a swirling, chaotic mess into which the leaders of the race vanish.

His queen is the first through, and then another woman he does not know; the others are all sort of bunched up in front of him for the most part, and they dart into the paths already sundered by the two mares who lead the charging equines to the next golden loop, occasionally spied through the shifting veil of pink.

He takes pleasure in their soft touches on his face and skin, some sticking to the sweaty wetness of his coat while must flutter past in the tangle of flowers that keep him from seeing the others surging around him. He can hear them, their hooves a thrumming noise against the earth, and occasionally he spies a shade that might be a pelt through the dizzying waves of rose that they gallop through, but most of his focus it put on racing ahead – hopefully coming out better than he had gone in.

Dragomir
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Adelric Posts: 101
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3hh :: 1.5 [Birdsong]
Tobias :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Sevin
The final ring looms ahead and the half-child curses himself- not for being behind, but rather for still not knowing who is conjuring all of this magic and who it is he needs to speak to in order to unravel the mysteries. He tries to think, to recall, who seemed surprised by the appearance of the magical roots and trees, but he was so focused on avoiding them that it seems difficult. Even his fawn, whose mind he probes briefly, is unable to answer him sufficiently. Well, it seems he must carry on to the finish then and speak to everyone who will listen.

As for his position in the race, the half-child pays no mind to the fact that he is near the back. He knows that he is not worthy of such a prize such as winning this race to the end of the island. In fact, he is hesitant to come in anything but last, and so as he lands on the far side of the clouds, he slows his stride. His small chest is heaving anyways. A glance back shows him that two remain behind him yet, and he prays to the gods that they might pass him- They might like him then, and then they will speak to him. Yes, the half-child’s poorly developed logic tells him that he must lose this race if he is to understand what mysteries elude him.

But he loses sight of those who were behind him as the headwind begins to blow and he is bombarded by a barrage of petals. Oh, how amusing Zunden would find this all- he imagines her biting and kicking at the petals, which makes him laugh. Still, onward he runs, the faint twinkling of the final ring looming ahead. And as he passes through, still unable to see his position, he calls out to anyone who might hear him, his voice reverent despite his gasps for breath. “Who- who made that magic happen!?”
Adelric
We only have what we give.
x - x
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Adelric at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Adelric unless it is in an opening post

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
Kahlua
The queen made sure to thank every god she was aware of as her hooves finally touched down on solid ground again, leaving her free to run forward without bouncing and without having worry about looking down. That said, she did seem to have fun bouncing around the clouds, and she was sure she would try it again someday. Maybe she would have to find Nasreen, who was so good at having fun. Besides, there must be some trick to dancing in the clouds that Nasreen would know, as a pegasus.

But, before she could ponder anymore about her Seer, the sweaty queen was bombarded with an array of cherry blossom petals- more than she had ever seen upon this island before. She tried to gasp, but of course her mouth ended up filled with the petals. Then she tried to choke out what she had inhaled, only to be left stumbling across the ground. She whinnied at the intrusion, as though sound might make the nuisance disappear, but onward she kept running, the twinkling of the final ring visible just ahead. If only she could make it there, just a few more strides.

But those last few strides felt like eternity to the unathletic woman and she didn’t know if she was ever going to make it there. But she had to make it, for the Lady Moon, for the rest of the gods in the sky- she had to make it. So she curled her nose downward into her chest, tried to inhale oxygen that was not clouded by innumerable cherry blossoms, and then she gave the last short distance everything she had in her body. She could do this!
here comes the sun
Image Credit

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

LACE</style>
before the sun sets
GLORY
</style>

He had to admit, this race had been nothing like the previous one. Between ground disappearing, clouds appearing, running and jumping and doing it all while keeping the eyes firmly closed, it perhaps wasn't strange to find the former champion in the position he was, far back in the crowd. According to his dragon it was Kahlua and a pale unicorn child that was in the lead, and while he rather would have seen himself up there... well. He wouldn't wish to take the thrill of victory away from the sweet paint, now that she was in such a favorable position. He owed her that, for failing to live up to her expectations.

Still, he wasn't going to just lay down and give up. There was still a trace of enjoyment left in the heart of this vagabond, and when cloud after horrifying cloud failed to give in on him, he ever so carefully dared to open the eyes again. Every leap still made his stomach sink and churn in protest, but if he squinted just so and pretended that he was jumping rocks across still, reflective waters... Yes, it did the trick.

The turtle, it seemed, wasn't finished with them just yet however. Just as Lace had gotten used to running with his eyes open again, a sudden gust of wind filled with rather out of season flower petals came swooping down towards them. Snorting as the soft down tickled across the skin and tried to obscure his vision he tried looking over them, tried ducking the head beneath, to no real avail. Finally Fajira stepped in and took to flying just ahead of him, so that the turbulence of her beating wings disturbed the flow of the dancing leaves, pushing them downwards just enough for the stallion to see.

And what do you know. There, just up ahead he could see the glistening arc of the final hoop, marking the end to this rattling experience. Sucking in a deep breath the agile equine mustered his remaining strength, dug the hooves deep into the surface and surged forward, doing his utmost to pass as many horses as he could. Maybe, just maybe, he'd be able to pinch a third place at the very least.

It wouldn't be half bad. After all, he was getting on in age; he shouldn't expect being able to catch up to the young and spry mares when they had such a lead.

CREDITS: Schwartze | venomxbaby | 116802
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno
she's got a pretty face,.
but no heart to match
Brought back down to earth as she strikes the greenery, propelling herself forward with a strong burst of life. Sweat covers her honey shades, the colour darkening to match the amount of moisture added to her. Having become part of the 'pack' now, two mares ran before her: the bi-coloured mare from the party that had begun the songs, and another painted mare who she'd never seen before. Maybe it was best that they charged onward for them when the pink wave came in.
It came without warning, arriving almost as fast as some monsoons hit in the southern lands. Laughs were sure to be risen from those that stood by and watched, rolling about and gasping for air as they laughed upon the pink shower taking all of the remaining runners by surprise.
The black and white mare stopped, Sikeax caught off guard and bellowing a loud whinny of surprise and slight annoyance to the mare. It meant no ill, coming off of her personality in a way that spoke she was startled, confused, just as lost in the mess as others were. She made no halt though, pressing forward shortly after her miniature tantrum of confusion.
Vision blurred as her eyes almost closed, throwing her strides forward as far they would allow themselves to go, the race seemed longer, made within a maze that was once an endless plain, a fog of pink(of all colours) falling from nowhere, rolling in to crash the parade and leave the members covered in a mess of their own sweat and cherry blossoms. Somewhere there could be people envying their current situation. They on the other hand, had no plan of such. Hopefully the finish line was closer, not far for their issues, only buried away from sight with the blinding mass. Her course remains the same, one that should of taken her to the end.

darren criss. @ shine

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Leeka Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
One, two. One, two, three! The counting is rhythmic in her head as she counts her strides, eyeing every gap between the clouds and making a precise jump over every clump, the world around but a void encompassing her path. She was in the sky after all. There could be no mistakes and there was no chance to admire the lead she was slowly assuming on the others, gaining even on the Queen of the Edge as she counted again and again. When at last solid ground came into her sight and she made the last measured leap onto its soil, the sigh of relief that shot from her maw was so liberating and wholehearted Leeka could have sworn her very soul fluttered in place with glee. There was nothing like the firmness of soil under ones feet and the certainly one would not fall to an abrupt and brutal end should they misstep, at least in normal circumstances. On land there was nothing for her to fear that she could not conquer. As sad as it could be sometimes, she was a being of earth, through and through.

With that said, there was a race to get back to.

Flying into a buck to tie up her victory over the skyland, Leeka checks into a new gear, elated at the feeling of her haunches bunching and propelling her forward on familiar turf with the last of the golden rings locked in her sights. Looking up the young mare is surprised to only see Kahlua, of all horses, parading ahead of her. Where was everyone else? Confused, the pintaloosa mare turned her head just enough to look over her shoulder, her green eyes widening with shock and excitement as she discovers her notable lead from the pack and that she is in fact only second from first.

She had a chance to win.

A cheeky grin raises on her face at the realization, especially when she notices the silver grulla trailing behind, but surging forward in a last ditch effort to gain a better position even she peered upon him, just as everyone was. You won't pass me, I promise you that, she swore inwardly, her eyes harding with conviction. Earlier in the race she had made him her rival, a target to surpass, and being in the position she was she wasn't going to let it change without a fight. The same went for anyone in the race. Plus, she was still miffed by his not-so-little root trick beforehand. No one got away with tricks on her...

...Except the turtle, of course.

Again the omniscient voice of their prankster host boomed overhead and mental alerts flared in her mind in return, connecting its voice to be the precursor of some sudden change even. She only had that split second of worry before a headwind struck her face, stinging her eyes enough that she blinked and when she opened them again there was only the devilish hue of pink petals to be seen. What the-?! Caught unawares, the poor mare gagged, faltering in her steps some at the innate shock as she inhaled a few of the cherry blossoms through her flared nostrils, the pedals crowding the air so effectively it was near impossible to breath without them included. Thankfully, the foreign matter was expelled as soon as she had inhaled it, the mare defensibly lowering her chin to her chest in attempt to conceal it from the pink malice and tries to find Kahlua and trail behind the paint mare, hoping to use her body as a windbreaker while searching hungrily for the glint of gold ahead.

Petals stick to her sweat slick hide like leeches and her lungs are beginning to crave more air then she can breath in the near clusterphobic embrace of the cherry blossoms but Leeka is far from finished. Clouded as her vision is the terrain is turf and straight, her haven ground, and the mare has faith in her feet. This is where she excels. She may not be the speediest of breeds but she has endurance and will and the youth of her blood rages against the thought of defeat. It was just too thrilling to ease up now, even if it was the Queen she was going head-to-head with. That just made it all the better. Besides, if that turtle thought she'd go through freak'in clouds and kamikaze petals and not give it her all...oh no, she had a bone to pick.

Catching a glimpse of gold ahead, Leeka pitching for it, lengthening her stride as far as it could go and as fast as she could muster. Hidalgo himself may even have been proud at the mare's effort at the last stretch, beating her dainty feet into the earth in such a flurry it'd leave a snare drummer wondering just how many eighth notes were hammered into one measure. Eorolee, aid me. Her only hope was that she could last long enough to the end, and if she could, if she won...what a story that'd be.

Dröm Posts: 114
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
She gallops faster as the turtle tells her so. Sweat beads at her coat and falls to the ground. Petals swirl around her form as she moves silently between the petals. The scent of the petals is extremely strong, but the flaxen girl blocks out the scent, pushing on. Her tresses flow behind her, the petals catching in her mane for a moment before fluttering behind her. The gold hoop is just a distant figure, seemingly miles and miles away. The ground feels solid under her non-cloven hooves as she gracefully bounds forward.

The last hoop is a leap and a bound in front of her, yet with the strong winds, it feels like forever away. She pins her ears back, trying to keep the raging wind out of her small ears. It becomes quieter with her ears flat against her neck. She has the ability to focus on the hoop, ignoring the sounds of the other horses. With determination in her eyes, she continues onwards, forgetting about the crazy Lace that runs with her, or the dragon and black stallion, she even forgets about her job to recruit. The thought of herself recruiting even seems to slip mind as she aims herself at the hoop. Oh, how she wishes she could be graced with wings, it would be easy to surge forwards, towards the hoop. Would her large wings even fit through the equines' hoop? Would she have to fold feathered appendages to fit through? She had caught a glimpse of the pegasus race, it she knows she would have been very worried if she had been turned into a platypus and frogs were rained on her.
[Image: 53d6f2ea9010d]
pixel by baylee

Helovian Ancient
Character Name || Roll

Kahlua || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 1 (1)
Lace || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 5 (5)
Sikeax || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 6 (6)
Drom || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 1 (1)
Dragomir || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 5 (5)
Destrier || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 2 (2)
Adelric || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 5 (5)
Leeka || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 5 (5)

Helovian Ancient
Admin notation | Character Name | Event

+2 | Kahlua | The turtle's trick seems to have the intended effect upon the queen. She cannot see and so she loses TWO PLACES.

+1 | Lace | Again, with the help of his dragon, Lace is able to avoid the worst of the trap. He gains ONE PLACE.

+2 | Sikeax | Sikeax runs swiftly at the end, despite the petals. She gains TWO PLACES.

-3 | Drom | Drom tries so hard, but she cannot seem to make up any ground. She loses TWO PLACES.

0 | Dragomir | Careful eyes and a sharp mind are Dragomir's ally at the end of this race. He gains ONE PLACE.

-1 | Destrier | Suli's fire burns effectively, but the stallion cannot seem to find speed. He loses ONE POSITION.

+1 | Adelric | Perhaps because he is small or perhaps because he wants so urgently to find the magic user, Adelric is able to gain ONE PLACE.

+4 | Leeka | She is smart- using Kahlua as a windbreak gives her the advantage she needs. Leeka gains ONE PLACE.

As the last of the horses passes through the final ring, all of the trickery disappears and only the turtle is left, calling congratulations to all of those who made it around the island.

1st place- Leeka
2nd place- Sikeax
3rd place- Kahlua

Helovian Ancient
There is a photo finish between Kahlua and Sikeax.
A 1d6 will determine the winner of 2nd place.
Odd = Kahlua, Even = Sikeax

1d6 rolled for a total of: 6 (6)