the Rift

[OPEN] fly like a bird through the night

Faeanne Posts: 61
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
TierRen
Faeanne
tell me it's over, I don't want you to hurt

Nothing but the howling of the frigid wind can be heard once my girlish tones of my voice dies off in the midst of the snow covered land. Ivory pupils flicked about the odd marked colt's horn topped face as I await his own introduction, but it seems he is more interested in following the star-like pattern that follows the gentle curve of my barrel and lights up the tips of my still growing wings. Once his two toned eyes finally drift back to my gold splashed face, words are absent as a blank look crosses over the colt's features as if he has to think about who he is. Dark harks swiveled back as I wondered if his mother truly was worse than my own and had left the blanketed colt nameless in the world. Or was he just one of those mute creatures with no tongue?
A shudder passed over my slender frame as my tongue rolled and pressed against the roof of my mouth, thankful to see that it was in fact still there and hadn't disappeared like the colt's had. The colt's bonded made a strange, garbled crying noise as their attention was drawn away from me and into the horizon somewhere. For a few seconds I kept my golden pools focused on the colt and his odd marking that branded his neck with a necklace of black and red hair. But then the tongueless creature began to speak, making the idea of him being tongueless much less of a reality and more of a childish thought that would probably give me nightmares for a few days. “Pa- Pardon, where did you get that skull?” It's obvious that the boy isn't speaking to me as I had no skull other than the one I had been born with.
Molten gold pools drift away from the odd red and black hairs and focus instead on the receiver of the colt's words. Dark harks flashed forwards as I watched the wind tear at the large stallion's mane and tail, strands of the dark mane wrapping around the large black horns that pierced through the antlered skull he wore. For a moment I was intrigued in what the stallion's story was about his skull as well, but I remained silent, no need to annoy the large stranger with questions that had already been asked. It was then that the colt's attention turned back to me and away from the looming black stallion. “I don't know who I am,” Golden pools narrowed ever so slightly in confusion as I cocked my own skull to the side a bit. "Did your momma not give you a name?" Maybe she hadn't? Or maybe the colt had no mother, at least I had Momma Eva and Papa Ruske...who I assumed were better than what my biological parents were. But I didn't really know who my parents were other than the fact that my mother was no longer welcomed in the lands of the Edge. The identity of my father remained a secret and for all I knew, it could be the black stallion who stood a good distance from me and Nameless.

"words."
Tag;; @[]
Words;; 530
OOC;; feels like a loser being the only one who likes being tagged
x - x

please tag Fae in all posts
link to thread tracker

Messages In This Thread
fly like a bird through the night - by Adelric - 08-06-2014, 11:02 PM
RE: fly like a bird through the night - by Morir - 08-10-2014, 09:32 PM
RE: fly like a bird through the night - by Faeanne - 08-12-2014, 04:10 PM
RE: fly like a bird through the night - by Morir - 08-12-2014, 04:36 PM