the Rift

Time for change. (basin, others?)

Saffron Posts: 61
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Other :: 46" :: 2 HP: 58.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren
Wordy. Are they all this wordy? Perhaps I have just met one that likes to use her tongue. 'You use your tongue prettier than $5 whore.' Of course, that's not very nice language to use with this fine specimen before me. Oh so fine Of course, I don't really think that. She is not that fine, not that fabulous, but she does speak to her advantage. I must give her credit for that. But speaking to your advantage.. well that's different from wordiness, and this one.. well, she's a little verbose. I swallow a sigh, and continue my stare, waiting for her to finish. She speaks of some other tiger, one that I've certainly never met. For one, I am young, only a year and a half. Not long in this world, but you would never guess it by the way I act around others. Only around Zima can I relax and be myself, enjoying the youth that keeps me fresh and always ready for action. Around everyone else, well, no one can really be trusted, can they? Nor do they deserve the attention and opportunity to revel in how glorious I can really be. My true self. Secondly, she speaks of a white tiger. I know of no such thing. I've never heard of a white tiger, but I suppose there's no reason they can't exist.

Illynx, Lady of the Aurora Basin, turns to flattery next. It would be a lie to say I don't enjoy it, but I know that she is trying to win me over. It would be foolish of her to not want me as an ally, a tool, a trophy. Any or all of those may greatly increase the status of the hooved kind. She eventually gets to her point - that she wants me, the mighty tigress Saffron, to follow her home. I admit, the snow and wind that she mentions sound lovely. But I am not so foolish to accept such a simple offer. Nothing is ever so easy, no strings attached.

"What a way with words you have, Illynx. Though your home sounds nice, I know that I can be in the snow without being in your.. herd." I say the word with distaste. Tigers - and wolves, for that matter - do not belong in a herd. Even if I choose to go with her, she must understand that we may have a unique arrangement. "What would you expect of me, should I follow you? And what do you have to offer?" My voice is deeper than one might expect, and the questions sound more philosophical than they are. I hope that Illynx will think hard about her answers. It would be unwise to make me an enemy.
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Saffron excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
Time for change. (basin, others?) - by Saffron - 08-07-2014, 02:21 AM
RE: Time for change. (basin, others?) - by Illynx - 08-07-2014, 08:03 AM
RE: Time for change. (basin, others?) - by Illynx - 08-07-2014, 10:19 AM
RE: Time for change. (basin, others?) - by Saffron - 08-07-2014, 11:03 AM
RE: Time for change. (basin, others?) - by Illynx - 08-07-2014, 11:25 AM
RE: Time for change. (basin, others?) - by Illynx - 08-08-2014, 09:19 AM