the Rift

[OPEN] cat has got your tongue; [welcoming]

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie

& not to pull your halo down
around your neck and tug you to the ground, but...
The first of the snows had fallen, but only just lightly so, a pale dusting that caught in the light breezes that managed to cut through the stone lining that stood tall above them and drifting casually about her golden ankles as the Lady took long, assured strides up the familiar winding path. They had crossed through the hidden segment at the foot of the peak some while ago and she could see the first glimpses of her and Ulrik’s proud sentinel and his partially completed brother in the distance over the jagged mouth of the entrance to the Basin, and she glances at her newest find with a smile lighting her features, a warning that the temporary silence that had lapsed over her now that there were no landmarks to point out or herds to name along the way was to be broken.

"It’s just ahead," she says, the pride for what is to come evident in the bright gleam of her golden gaze and the way her steps take on an added grace and enthusiasm, "do not fear the bronze guardians. They are quite safe so long as there are no threats against us." The thought of the young wolves who had come for their foals makes her smile in sadistic memory of the machine dancing among the warriors and the oblique Lord; though it hadn’t stuck any blows upon the assaulting beasts, it had been a ferocious sight, one she had missed in her worry for the children – her own, most of all.

As if her thoughts have summoned him, his dark frame appears in the gap of the stone when they are a few feet from it, having come from somewhere around the lake if the way he smells is of any guess. She smiles fondly at her son as he smiles coolly in greeting to his dam, watching for the notice and reaction to the tigress behind her on his young face.

It does not take long. His golden eyes broaden in near hysterical excitement that he binds behind resolve, managing, despite his youthful exuberance, to not dart forward, pace endlessly, or spew questions. But his flesh trembles with restrained interest in the creature that approaches (for it is a predator, but one that does not seem to be looking at his mother like food – more as if she has come to stay here) and his mind works away in boundless directions at the possible reasons as to why he is seeing what he is seeing.

Her lessons have seeped deep into him; he disguises his curiosity as best as he can behind cordial introductions and gentlemanly behavior. "Welcome home, momma, and welcome to you, miss," his little head bobs in greeting, the small stub of his gold toned horn catching the light in the same stunning way her own does, "I’m Rikyn, son of the Engineer. What’s your name?"

His smile is friendlier towards the cat than his dam, and she hopes within herself that the feline does not notice the mild agitation her son is experiencing towards her at this moment. Ever since the herd had taken notice of his sister, he had grown steadily more cold to her over time, no matter how slight the changes may have been.

Perhaps it was time to lend him to his father; Ulrik always had such a precise and dignified way of explaining everything away. Surely he could get it through the boy’s head that his mother was only trying to help him, and was not the wicked witch he thought her to be. "Come, Rikyn, let us walk while we talk," she sweetly says as she walks past him and into the threshold of the mountain valley, stepping aside as she always does for the tiger to enter and get a full view of the place she has been led to, her son slipping quietly to her right to oblige his dam's need for order.

I'm more than a little curious how
you are planning to go about making your amends to the dead
with your halo slipping down, your halo slipping, your halo slipping down
slipping down to choke you now.

image by candy<3
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Saffron Posts: 61
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Other :: 46" :: 2 HP: 58.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren
I have followed the unicorn in silence, watching her tail dangle and swish back and forth. Helovia seems interesting enough as I pass through it, but I'm sure there is much more to see here. My amber eyes are wide as I examine the landscape, enjoying the trees but even more the lessening heat as we move to the entrance of a valley. The cool air is refreshing and provides so much relief to my body. Though having my summer coat helps, it does not completely rid me of such an annoyingly high temperature. As my body cools I let my tongue return inside my mouth, my jaw closing. I no longer have the need to try so hard to cool myself.

Soon we have reached a narrow entrance to what I assume is the herd land. I continue my lazy pace behind Illynx until she comes to a stop, and a young hooved one appears. I stare at him, and he stares at me - but I am clearly more passive than he is. My tongue slides over my lips once as I think about what an easy meal he would be. But he is clearly part of this herd, so I will not touch him. Besides, he's rather cute. The young ones always are. (And not nearly as meaty as their elders.) He introduces himself to me as Rikyn, and identifies himself as the son of the queen Illynx. And son of the Engineer? I do not know who that is, and though I find myself curious, I am not curious enough to ask. I glance up at the sentinels that surround us, and I'm impressed. My nose and whiskers twitch as I look up at them. They are impressive and rather intimidating - they must do well as guardians of the land. What on earth would the queen need me for?

Trophy? Probably. As long as she doesn't kill me and hang me up for show I don't mind. I glance back at the foal, Rikyn. "I am Saffron." His excitement is tangible, but I admire him for how well he manages it. I'd say we are fairly close in age. I move through the opening into the Basin and look around me, taking in my surroundings. Ah yes... this will suit me quite well. I let my tail swing back and forth slightly and watch the area, then look back, waiting for the equines to join me.
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Saffron excluding dismemberment and death.

That her son is interested in the cat rather than afraid does not surprise her; its not that the child is too stupid to know she’s dangerous with her paws and fangs, its that he trusts his mother and the herd enough to believe that even if the tiger decided to eat him, even if she succeeded – it would be something she regretted for a long, painful while before she died. The Lady was good to her people – mostly her kin but for two now, soon three when Zima arrived if the cat did not lie – but only so long as they were good to her and followed the rules laid out for them. They were few, really, and she thought “don’t eat the room mates” was a fairly reasonable arrangement, she herself feeling little hesitation at the arrival of the boy and his eagerness to learn more of the great feline that had arrived with his dam smelling of the wilderness and the tall, regal trees of the Threshold.

The woman’s golden eyes watch with great interest as the tigress observes the sentinel and his partially finished partner in war, overly proud of the Engineer’s creations and endlessly impressed with their splendor, assuming that any with brains should be as well; its what she searches for as she watches, that single glimpse to swell her ego and her heart all at once, the same intoxicating combination that drives most of her actions on a daily basis.

She thinks she sees it there, but can’t be sure; the face of the tiger differs greatly from that of a horse and the use of whiskers is foreign to her, leaving her with many questions as to what a twitch of the strange hairs might mean or what any motion from them at all might be. She files away mentally to find someone with an old enough cat creature for a companion to ask these questions of and discover answers, deciding its better to be prepared as she might be to glean secrets the beast didn’t want her to have.

The cat gives her son her name as she takes her time to look around her, the colt having been on pins and needles thinking he’d been forgotten and nearly exploding with excitement when she answered. Not knowing what the tiger was, Illynx already knew what he would ask next, her velvet voice clipping in as his lips dropped open to let his own free. "She’s a tiger, darling," sweetly explains the golden wench to her child, his mouth clipping shut and a slight frown wrinkling his features at his question having been stolen from his mouth. Turning her eyes to the feline before he can interject anymore blabber into the air, she slips her own more prudent (at least to her) comments to Saffron, her steps flowing back into pace as the beast indicates that she wants to go further in.

Interesting, thinks the woman; unicorns tended to remain at the border for a few moments at least, hesitant almost to go further in unless they had lived there before. Not tigers, apparently – they wanted to know what there was as soon as it could be learned of.

"Along the eastern border of the lake is the Haruspex Cave. Its usually inhabited by a man who bears the same title as the cavern and the mirror he keeps, but occasionally," she pauses, a smile quirking her lips as she gives a verbal tour of the land as they pass through it, "the God of Spark may be found, as well. He is the patron of the mountain, and though he does not demand your worship, I assure you the rewards are boundless." Directing her eyes to the large knoll rising ahead of them, she continues explaining land marks. "Meetings will often be called along the lakeside or on this hillock, if you are interested in attending our political affairs," quiet until she reaches the top of the hill, she gestures for the tiger to stop – all of the realm can be viewed from this one spot, aside from the mountainside hidden by the old growth pine forest that fringed the plentiful valley of their home, "the steam that rises in the distance is a hot spring, delightful for bathing in or warming up alongside during the chillier times of the year." As if to accentuate her point, her glossy and almost tangle free tail whispers against her sides, gleaming in the autumnal sunlight.

Rikyn is pouting alongside his dam, feeling ousted and forgotten again. His frown permeates his face still even as his eyes light up in realization his mother hadn’t explained everything. "Oh! And we have caves to live in along the mountainside. You can usually tell by smelling ‘em if anyone is living there or not, but I’d hang out a while to make sure," he leans his head in towards the cat, lowering his voice so that his mother won't be able to hear him as clearly and hopefully not at all, "some of us around here aren't very nice."

[ OOC: FOREVER LONG but tourssss yay ]

image by candy<3
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

For once the Basin was not a slow quite brooding land of evil. Sparing, invasions, and working on his hides had kept him from feeling the urge to leave its mountainous hold for the Throat just yet. The furs were coming along nicely. The golden had pulled them to his large cave and pulled and stretched them out, using rocks and sticks dug into the near frozen dirt to hold them. The gold had then found rock salt supply in a cave most likely used by the herd in the winter to get nutrients. Rather careless of that purpose for it, the gold had ‘borrowed’ a rock and rolled it to his hole. Then with great effort he crushed it, by hoof, rock, and horns, before spreading it over the hides. They would cure now and dry. Satisfied the golden had taken to a walk to the lake to find a well-earned meal.

What he met when he came to the center of the valley was unexpected to say the least. His lady and her child were of normal circumstance, but another walked among their ranks. Earth eyes spark with remembrance. It had been years since he had seen a tiger alive. Harks lean in and see the golden lady pointing out the sights of the Basin. Her go-lucky kiddo bouncing around them. That cheery pup did put a dent in things. Time may heal some things, but that memory was not easily forgotten. Still, a tiger was a little too much of an excitement to miss. Memories and his well earned meal would just have to be put aside. So, collecting himself with a swish of the tasseled tail, and shake of those twin horns, the gold sets an easy paced trot towards them.

Crossing the small distance he slows, and catches the last of his lady’s puppy’s statement. Brows raise at his boldness, but then, prince’s were not usually known to have fear of rebuttal. Still, he always did enjoy a smooth entrance. “Now little prince, we don’t want to give the wrong idea.” He chuckles, but it does not ease his ability to look too long at the child, for his mind wonders too much when it does. Looking at his lady instead the humor flows smoothly from him. “Some of us just get a little too chilly.” A smooth smile comes with ever so much ease. “M’lady.” Then down to the tigress, “Welcome to the Basin, Thranduil, at your service.” The gold speaks with open friendliness. After all, what better friend to make than a large jawed tiger.

OOC ::
"speech"

Here kitty, kitty,
Let's be friends....
credits

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Lauren
The foal's giddiness amuses me, and it almost looks like I'm about to smile. Almost, but as soon as the corner of my mouth begins to turn up, it falls again and I am unexpressive. I let Illynx take the lead as we meander through, and she begins to give me a tour. I didn't ask for a tour, I don't need a tour. I am the type that will explore on my own and learn the land as I see fit. But, I suppose understanding it from the perspective of the hooved kind works out well. The information about the caves, and what's more, the God of Spark, is useful and I may not have learned that all on my own. I am not sure that the God of Spark has very much to offer me, but I am young, and perhaps there are many things that I do not know about the God.

My shoulders roll easily as we travel, my strides as big as Illynx's. When the tour seems to be coming to an end, Rikyn jumps in, eager to recapture my attention. I give that to him, and let my eyes travel over him. Though his rambunctiousness is a little over-the-top for me, seeing as we are strangers, the information he provides is good. The note about the caves is good, too. Zima and I are used to living in a cave, and this shall be no different. Though, we may find ourselves more comfortable in caves that are intended to be inhabited. And the springs will be nice for me, at least. I enjoy swimming more than she does, and certainly the warmth in the coldest of seasons will be nice. My amber eyes light with optimism about this new living situation.

Rikyn adds a note that draws me from my musings. Watch out in the caves, because "some of us around here aren't very nice." At that, a deep chuckle rolls out past my lips. That does amuse me, and the foal's blunt and innocent honesty is refreshing. It's not that I think Illynx has been lying to me about anything, but she is a wordsmith and her foal has yet to learn this skill - or very much patience. I think that I may reply, but already another has joined us. A golden, horned stallion. Ah, the land of many unicorns. His pelt like the sun, his mane flaxen. One of those palomino types. I find them fanciful, but with his horns atop his head, perhaps he is not to be trifled with.

He gently scolds the foal gently, and turns his attention to the Queen and myself. His words are soft and enchanting as he introduces himself as Thranduil. I blink my eyes in acknowledgement, as is common for cats. "A pleasure." My voice rumbles. "I am Saffron." Introductions are simple and not burdened by fancy titles or words to entice and lure others. I suppose that's just how I am - rather straightforward and factual. But somehow, I don't think any of them will take offense from a tiger.

"Speech."

SAFFRON
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie
I Ain't Got Time To Bleed

I was back in the Basin, and I had been hiding in my cave. When forced to re-appear I avoided meetings at all cost. But I guess everyone would find out somehow. So, what was I doing? I was showing off. Even though I was currently chubbier, and pregnant. But, fuck them if they choose to judge me, and to judge my actions. Granted they where not the smartest decisions, but I had been so drawn, and by the time I realized that I shouldn't be meddling with those things I was already to far gone to stop. I knew those who knew me would notice, and maybe those who where perceptive would notice as well.

As I move about, I notice something happening. Another welcoming? I debate going to meet the newcomer. After all, last time I had gone to so graciously welcome someone that person had been a bitchy little war monger princess who worshiped the men, and had essentially called me a whore. Which I had not yet met Liam, so she had no right to judge me, or to question how I had gotten the rank of soldier. In all honesty, it was by asking, stating even my desire to be a soldier. I hadn't slept around with Deimos or the like for my position. And the father of the child I bore? He was not from the Aurora Basin. Even if at some time he had been, he wasn't now. He did not smell of the icy place I called home. He smelt of wilderness, and his own delicious musk. There was no way he lived here in the Basin.

But this newcomer may be different. She may not judge and worship the males. So I decide to go. I walk following the footsteps of someone who had gone to see before me. When I arrive I catch two names. Thranduil, the golden one, and then Saffron. The Tigress. I was right, she was different. Much different. I bow my skull to the tigress before raising the crown to look upon her. "Welcome Saffron... I am Sialia." I smile at the tigress, my demeanor welcoming, then I nod at Illynx and her son. "Lady Illynx, young prince." then to the golden boy whom I had not met, but had caught the name of. He lived here, and I had caught fleeting glimpses of him, but they where few. "Hello to you as well, Thranduil." Hello's finished I return my gaze to Saffron, my royal blue eyes watching the tigress, the mask up, but behind the closed doors, wonder flourished.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[]
Words;; 434
Notes;; Kay, gonna get Sialia back to doing herd stuffs again :D

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!

She doesn’t miss the quip that escapes her son’s mouth, is rather quite distracted with the golden visage of a man she had recently… salvaged from the less kind words of her kin when he had first come to the Basin. He had kept to his word, so far, and had yet to leave on the task she had sent him on – but that was quite fine by her. The longer he took to plan out his little games and falsehoods, the more secure it was likely to be, and while she did not care for those she sent him to tail, she also was not in the mood for a war. Her thoughts flicker to the colt alongside her as her mouth curves into a smile of greeting from the grimace she had made at Rikyn’s poor choice of vernacular, a gentle nod tilting her features in welcome of the strange spy’s arrival.

Her brow creases as the man dares to instruct her son, acid mangled ear slipping back while the other remains trained in the direction of Thranduil. The cat is smiling, so at least she takes nothing too deeply to heart that the boy has said, and she supposes that it was a fair warning. Many of those on the mountain, herself included, would likely pulverize whatever idiot had intruded on the sanctity of their sleeping places, and while a grimace streaks through the golden shade of her eyes (leaving her smile in place, of course) at the memory of being called an interior designer by a certain well thought of son of a bitch, she does not believe her irritation at such an act would stem from her need for prettiness and order.

It was simply a matter of tact and respect; one did not trounce on her tail and expect to get away with it. Principles, of course, things that became evident of her nature the moment one took the time to see through her smiles and cheerful words.

Even as she wonders what there is to be done about another man instructing a boy that is not his, she relinquishes the thought of yelling at the dual horned stag. He has, as far as Illynx can tell, taken a liking to her, and it would an obvious act of his favoritism to take to sharing his knowledge with her son when he had none of his own (as far as she knew, anyway). Rikyn, either way, bore a stricken expression and his golden eyes flickered from Thranduil to him dam slowly, a smile creasing his face as the joke tailing the direction is brought into the air (though he does not nod, knowing better from the look on Illynx’s face to the fact that this is just a new guy that he doesn’t have to and assuming his dam would be displeased if he did). The Lady smirks, remembering how some balked when first coming to the snowy place, Thranduil included – he had run away to warmer climes while the spring had thawed into Tallsun.

She tries to level her gaze with that of her newest sleuth, her expression one that pointedly read to be cautious how often he overstepped his bounds in parenting her children. Rikyn had a father already, and while Thranduil knew things that Ulrik did not, his place would be that of an instructor, a distant mentor as Zikar-Sin and the others of the Plague were, not the ever present and firm guidance of a sire.

Her chilly demeanor probably makes itself known to all others present around her as she seeks to silently amend the problem before it can begin, easing off of her to pool out and away until she once again resonated with her usual false warmth, golden eyes turning from the meet and greet of the conversations to the arrival of a dark mare known as Sialia. She had met her a few times already, and found that she rather enjoyed her; quiet, the sort to listen and catch what she could, but not incompetent enough to be luck luster in the conversation. Having taken the path of a soldier had only increased her standing with the golden wench, who had walked the same stones to her crown.

That the mare was pregnant, however, gave her pause. Her thoughts cascade around her as her placid, gentle smile remains poised on her dark lips, but she wonders why it is all her new women are returning with foals in their bellies, why so many have been brought here this season. Surely it is no coincidence; a glance is shot swiftly to her son and back to the mare, memories pulling others to her thoughts to stand alongside her. It was not that the children did not benefit the species – assuming that this one inside Sialia was not the bastard offspring of some freak – but it also left the herd vulnerable. She takes a deep breath as she thinks of the wolves, surely lured by the heavy population of weak and vulnerable foals that had bloomed in such vast numbers this year.

It also worries her that she is pregnant as the leaves turn red and weak; Frostfall is a ruthless bitch in the Basin, she thinks to herself, and it is to be her first if she remembers the timeframes in which she had come correctly. Silently, she marks a note to tell Lena of the mare’s condition and to watch her and the child carefully to assure all goes well.

Assuming, again, that the foal was desirable; her brow does arch this time, breaking her smooth friendly mask into one that openly shows her curiosity at the situation that has just meandered over on four hooves. She is not openly claimed as Esther and Hotaru (both by the same man, and she thinks to herself that she is glad she did not slip into the easy comfort of that conversation in the arch so long ago, that she waited to find Ulrik and bring to the world her golden son), for Illynx has seen her with no men aside from the other patrols in the land – none of whom showed any flicker of knowing one another on such a deep level as they had walked.

"Sialia…" she drawls, her sugary lips poised in the softest of dangerous smiles, her son looking up at the tone and knowing it to be the sound of a woman either about to smack someone or give them a tasty berry or two, "you look well." Glancing over at Thranduil with a slight playfulness to the color of her eyes for his sake, she pulls on the use of his name (likely gleaned while approaching, but it does not matter) to subtly ask what she wants to know without so bluntly inquiring as to the status of her womb at the time - her son was present, after all. "You know Thranduil?" the words have the hint of flirtation they will need to get her point across, her smile growing the wicked gleam of a schoolgirl having naughty talk with a gal pal.

Let them think she’s stupid.

She knows she isn’t.

image by candy<3

A tiger is very good at holding your attention. Especially when, normally, you’re their prey. So as she blinks with a friendly air to him, the gold is indeed a bit tense. At least one edge. It was hard to do on a rather empty stomach, but the golden would rather be warmly welcoming the tigress, than being under her watch from afar. She speaks with a rumble like purr, it tickles his harks on its way in for its strangeness. It had been a long while since they’d heard any other besides horses. Nodding to the stripped Safforn the golden man retires for now. Earth eyes wish just to see how she handles herself, and in all honestly judge her. Not that they would ever betray this of course, for hiding that look was second nature for them.

Another rises on the ridge, and it captures is attention. The gold had never seen this woman before. She walks heavily, but speaks warmly. Turning to his lady near him, he hopes to see how she handles this newest addition to their small gathering. What those gold dusted eyes find is his lady’ boring right into him. One brow raises slightly. What on earth was her problem?! She surely did not mind other coming to welcome this tigress. The golden surely had not missed some tradition for he greeted her as he always did. Then his lady looks down to her wilted colt, and it connects. Ice has grown more places than just the mountains. The golden lady is smiling, but her icey eyes narrow in on him.

Oh, but that’s not the first icey stare that golden boy had ever received, and he’d be lying if he said he was shocked. The lady didn’t like her little prince’s toes being stepped on. Pity, he was so good at it. Still, the gold smiles back at her with blankest of grins. His lady must be pleased, and obeyed. If that included protection of her silly little prince, so be it. And in truth, though young ones pained him to begin with, it was because he had a heart for them. So he looks to the little prince, smiling as well, then in turning is head to look at the coming guest, a quick wink slips through. He nods a greeting to the bay mare, and as she stops her sides swing. The Basin had enough food keep a horse alive, but not that enough to get that fat. Someone’s be a little busy….

She greets him considerately, and so the golden nods considerately. We’re all just so freaking considerate. So much so, that no one mentions the elephant in the room, literally the pregnant mare with her petite frame was already looking larger. Then his lady speaks up, and with interest he looks to her with grin at her drawled out comment. The golden looks with a grin at the girl, ready to know who was sleeping with who, for if a child was this late in season, it certainly was not planned. But his lady doesn’t ask that question. Instead, her’s says a million different suspicions. Harks flicker, and it takes he control to look at her slowly, without a wide eye.

Was she really so stupid as to think it was his child? That the golden, here only a month or so could sire a runt? That he would be so stupid as to have a round in the summer and doom the child? Well, actually he might have indeed done all these things if he could forget a few memories, but she could be that- She wasn’t. Head rose looking at her, and earth eyes sparked. The game was a foot. “No, my lady we haven’t had the pleasure.” Though it looks like someone else has with her. “But it looks like I’m just in time to congratulate you Sialia and …” He smiles so warmly, waiting for her to say his name. There are others here though. The cat was still there, but the tigress was not of his kind. To be respected and used perhaps, but right not he was more curious at who was getting busy in the Basin.

OOC :: Sorry its rather late. >.>
"speech"

Oh dear, did I step on some toes?
Sorry, its just my big nose.
credits

Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Lauren

What is surprising to me is that another approaches, almost immediately after I finish introducing myself to Thranduil. I sit down, laying my haunches carefully upon the dusting of snow that covers the ground, preemptive of Frostfall. This time it is a mare, and she bows her head respectfully to me. Well at least these Basin-ers aren't stupid, and can show respect when they ought to. The dark colored unicorn with the deep azul eyes introduces herself as Sialia, and greets the others present as well. She has more of an innocence about her, or so it appears. Not nearly as innocent as the colt, but more so than the other two adults. Perhaps it is amazement at seeing a tiger in their land, or perhaps it is something more. I nod to her. "A pleasure." I notice, as I'm sure the others do too, that she's a little rounder than any rotund mare should be. This is not the roundness that comes from a summer gorging on sweet grasses. Surely, it is from pregnancy. Oh, so the dark one is expecting.... I lick my lips subconsciously, and after completing the action, wonder if anyone noticed. I know the rules.. but you can't expect me to not enjoy the fantasy of a sweet entreé with a free side.

I turn my gaze to the queen as she speaks. My softly rounded ears swivel back, a few degrees at a time, and realize that the direction of the conversation has no benefit to me. It's all about introductions and suspicions. Who's the father? The looks that are bouncing around, accusations silently flying through the air. Why am I present for this? Thranduil tries to bring the silent conversation into the open by leaving room for Sialia to name the sire. I wait for her to answer, or refuse to give a name. Either way... "Congratulations indeed." I rumble, and my eyes narrow in on her and her giant belly. Rules, rules, I know. She has nothing to fear from me - but does she know that?

SAFFRON
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie
I Ain't Got Time To Bleed

Ah, lady Illynx, always a inquiry so very subtle. The point comes across, but the question is hidden beneath many layers of tastefully thought out words. Her question is clear, direct. She essentially is asking if Thranduil is the father. She wasn't stupid, I knew that. But why act as if she was? Did she have some motive? There are so many answers I could have in response. But the golden boy saves me. I turn vaguely interested eyes to him, as he speaks to the lady. Hmm. To bad. I was leaning towards playing along with Illynx's words. In a way I still could. The golden boy is now speaking to me, and a playful smirk settles on my lips. He gives a congratulations to me, and leaves room for me to say the fathers name. I didn't know his name, and even if I did I didn't feel like revealing it. The Tirgress mutters a congratulations as well, but my attention is not on her now. "Why, Thranduil... you must have been more drunk than I thought. Enough to forget? Tsk tsk." The smirk splits into a grin, showing off white teeth beneath a dual toned muzzle. The response is not truthful in the least, it is shallow and easily seen through. I wasn't trying hard. But it said that I did not want to reveal his name to everyone at this very moment. After all, we where welcoming a new addition, it was rude to ignore the Tigress. I smile at Illynx, a promise of the truth to her later, and return my gaze to the Tigress.

"Thank you Saffron... I do hope you enjoy it here." I say, shifting as I prepare to leave. This conversation was practically over, and I no longer needed to be here. "Good day to all of you." I add, before taking my round lumbering frame, turning it around and heading back to my cavern.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Illynx]
Words;; 327
Notes;; <3

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!

Her laughter rings out heartily as she eyes the bored look on the cat’s face and catches the return jest towards Thranduil. She’s spent a fair amount of time in Sialia’s company since her arrival with the General, but Thranduil has done much more than the dark mare on imprinting himself in the golden Lady’s thoughts. Whether that was good or bad news for the stag was yet to be determined, but she felt enough chivalry between herself and the leaf marked stallion to find great fun in poking fun at him; it was common with those she found to be friends, as flimsy as a title that was when used by the callous golden wench.

"Been hitting the cups, dear?" she chuckles, her eyes crinkled in amusement as her laughter subsides enough to allow words to flow past her lips. She catches the smile from the soldier that says she will learn more later, but gives little mind to it; the blue marked unicorn will come to her when she was ready, and not sooner. She only hopes for her sake that the father was pure, and that the child born of him would not wear ugly marks of ill breeding; she had failed her goals enough already by letting the hybrid child stay here, and would be horrified to have to deal with Sialia as had been done with Delinne and the hideous daughter born of her stupid union with that pegasus stallion.

The poor, poor man who had done it to her – he would have all the horror as his own when Illynx found him and drug him to the hooves of the Reaper for touching what was off limits if the child was born wearing the marks of her parent’s sins.

Perhaps she would have Aithniel assist in it all, watch their dual anguish from afar and sip on it like it was a fine beverage like the one that Thranduil had jokingly drank too much of.

Her smile never falters despite her dark thoughts; it has been droll and peaceful on her mountain lately. A small piece of her wishes for the distraction of tearing two idiots apart while their blasphemed child watches, if only to revel in the scent of their blood and the shrillness of their screams.

The mare shortly after takes her leave, and Illynx gives her a nod of farewell as she watches her go. Turning towards Saffron, the Lady prepares to excuse herself, as well. "I dare say we’ll leave you to find a bed, Saffron," she explains, stepping towards her son and nudging him slightly with her shoulder to hint that he had to leave – even if he didn’t want to go to bed yet, he couldn’t stand here and bother the tiger all evening long with so little sun left in the sky, "do make yourself at home and seek me if you find you have questions."

She pauses, a little giggle breaking her lips as she glances back over her shoulder. "Oh, I almost forgot," she says, golden eyes brightening with a temporary worry that it had not been included in her earlier haggling, "we hold a treaty of peace between ourselves and a herd known as World’s Edge. I cannot forcibly keep you from taking them as your own, to be sure, but I cannot give you political asylum if you break our arrangement to satisfy your needs. I hope you understand."

image by candy<3

This herd was just full of so many clever unicorns. Just look how we all can pull out a quick sneer, a hot smirk, and a searing comeback. There’s such unity and bonding happening in the contest to prove who has the sharpest wit, and cleanest tact. Yep, the golden could laugh was gentle ease as the knocked up mare sasses at him, because hey, that’s just how this herd got its crazy on. Not that the twin horned would ever judge his fellow herd mates though, he after all, was trying to stir up even more crazy in this fun little family. That though, did not include a child or two. So he laughs, rough chuckle running through those smirked lips, a perfect representation of a Basiner. “Sorry honey, I could never get that drunk.” His lady even slips in a quick snap of sass, see what a happy family they all are? The golden man merely smirks at her, before turning back to the dark mare’s parting remarks.

The Spanish head dips in a good-bye, slightly curious still that the question of parentage remained unanswered. A rousing night of heat and passion that little bump suggested was not likely to be forgotten. The mare had to know who helped her make her doomed little bundle. Her avoidance of the question only raised more suspicions. Humor and sarcasm are a good little illusion trick, but they’re only distractions from the truth. And in a few months the truth will out. Whether she was ashamed of the sire, or wanting to forget the unfortunate incident would not long be able to hide behind words. Looks don’t lie.

Lost in his train of thought and of watching the mare grow smaller in the distance, it takes his ladies words to pull him back. Smile, still warm and humorous looks to the three remaining. His lady is cutting it short though. Might as well, the fun of the evening was obviously over now that the jokes were cast, oh wait there’s still a tigress. Looking down to her the gold nods, though noting the curious final note of the gilded blade. A spark grows in his eyes, so someone to do the Basin dirty work. About time. For now it was time for them to go to their caves and dream of the chaos each planned. “A pleasure Saffron, hesitate not if you desire my company.” For he will certainly be looking for your business later. One last smile to his lady and the golden moved off to finally enjoy his well earned meal.

OOC ::I'm soooo late, so sorry. Also, this post is really sarcastic. o.0 Curious....
"speech"

One, Ten, Fifty
How many drinks did it take,
to get that stallion lusty?
credits

Lauren

The humor of horses is so strange, but certainly curious to observe. They are so, sassy and snide to each other, but seem to take it in stride. I find that my sense of humor is... well... I'm not really sure. I don't make jokes that often, unless it is with Zima. My mind wanders as the golden and queen sneer at the departing mare and turns instead to thoughts of my beloved Zima. I miss her snowy white pelt and her constant companionship. This is already the longest that we have ever been apart, and I wonder if it was wrong for me to have left her. She can certainly fend for herself, but I feel that I've sinned by leaving to find us a better home. No, this must be for the best. As soon as I am confident that all is well, I shall go back for her and bring her here with me.

When my attention returns to our gathering, I find that more are leaving. The Queen, herself, and her son have turned to go, offering me kind parting words. They mention bedding down, and I look to the sky to see with surprise that the sun is indeed setting. It's always surprising how quickly time flies, especially as winter nears and the sun sets earlier in the day. Before she goes, she warns me of the treaty with the World's Edge. Of course I do not know anything about this World's Edge. I think to myself that I should acquaint myself there, so that I know what the smell is like and can identify it. I nod my head, taking her warning into consideration. For now, at least, I shall try to follow the rules, though it is clear that Illynx places less emphasis on saving those in the Edge than those in the Basin. Of course, this is natural. She departs, and I look over at Thranduil, who also seems to be ready to leave. He invites me to find him any time I like, and the way he says it sounds almost.. flirty. A low chuckle slips past my lips, almost inaudible. "I shall. Good evening to you, Thranduil." His name rolls again on my tongue as I savor the uniqueness of it. As he departs, I start my way toward the caves, wanting to seek out the smells of those that live here, identify those scents, and learn those that need to be spared from my fangs. And then, perhaps I too will lie down for the evening and rest up.

WC: 430

SAFFRON
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread