the Rift

[OPEN] Vibrantly Dull

Sheba Posts: 114
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 13 :: Frostfall HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Minou :: Ocelot :: Sing Shady

SHEBA

Your less-than-friendly tone seems to startle the girl, and you feel a dull, self-righteous satisfaction settle in your chest when she squeaks her apologies. “Rei…I am Rei of Dragon’s Throat. I did not wish to intrude. Is this your home?” While the rotunda isn’t exactly where you rest your head at night, you enjoy watching how easily the girl gives way. “Well yes, actually,” you reply, tone tinged with authority. “And I didn’t know I’d be having company,” you add, a little coldly, still staring at her sprawled on the pavilion floor. Wishing to be alone, you are about to dismiss Little Miss Spots, when her introduction registers. Dragon’s Throat. Before this awful mess, isn’t that the place that Dragomir spoke of? Not that you would go visiting in this state, but still. It would be nice to know where it is. If she’s quite done watching the light on her own coat, maybe this Rei can tell you where the place that she calls home lies.

“Let’s make a deal,” you begin in your sternest voice. To your amusement, the girl is already shrinking back, eyes wide with fear. “I’ll choose to forget you were ever here, if you—“ You never finish, for the girl is scrambling to her hooves in terror, retreating deeper into the rotunda. What on earth? You know your tone is intimidating, but honestly you’re not that scar—I’m hoooome, a voice snarls from behind you, making every hair on your scruffy body stand on end. Unable to turn around, you freeze, blood running cold as It speaks again. “I hope you have dinner ready, honey…winner, winner, chicken dinner!” It cackles, nearly barking out the last words. Out of the corner of your eye, you chance a peek at the creature…and your legs nearly give out in fear.

It is a wolf, with leering features that split his face into an abnormally wide grin. A horn, dark and sharp, juts from his head, and a blood red tongue lolls from his drooling mouth. And though you’re not quite close enough to tell, you’d bet your mother’s life that there’s an insane glint in his eye. The nightmare doesn’t give you long to look, though. With a high-pitched, stuttering laugh, he springs forward, charging right at your haunches. You scream, and take off into the brush just as the world explodes behind you. Saving herself, the pegasus bursts out of the rotunda and throws herself into the sky with a flurry of feathers—not that you’re looking back, or that you even care whether Spotty gets out alive. Chest heaving, you’re too busy dashing into the forest, adrenaline lending you the speed to override the protests of your arthritic joints.

Unfortunately for you, you don’t get very far. You are only a few strides into the woods when a muscle twinges, and your legs seize up, refusing to carry you further. You whimper, hating yourself as the cry slips past your lips. You are your mother all over again. You’re going to die her spitting image, cowering in the brush.

Panicked, your head turns to look behind you, gauging how much time you have left. Given the fact that you’re about to die, you’d think that at this point, not much else can shock you, but the scene that meets your eyes does just that. Rei, it seems, hasn’t escaped after all. She stands between you and the beast, and though you can’t hear what she’s saying, it looks like…is she talking to it? Idiote. Can’t she see that it will do no good? Why does she stay—does she want to get herself killed?

Well, if she does, you’re not lining up to be the next station at the buffet. Wasting no opportunity, you painstakingly begin to back away, step by torturous step.

@[Öde]

OOC: Sorry for the wait. Rei’s got a heart of gold, and Sheba is such a coward :3 Do we still roll a die for infection?

image by shady
Please tag Sheba in all posts!

Messages In This Thread
Vibrantly Dull - by Rei - 08-19-2014, 11:59 PM
RE: Vibrantly Dull - by Sheba - 08-20-2014, 01:36 AM
RE: Vibrantly Dull - by Sheba - 08-24-2014, 03:04 PM
RE: Vibrantly Dull - by Öde - 08-20-2014, 02:15 AM
RE: Vibrantly Dull - by Blu - 08-24-2014, 03:15 PM
RE: Vibrantly Dull - by Random Event - 08-24-2014, 05:12 PM
RE: Vibrantly Dull - by Random Event - 08-24-2014, 05:12 PM
RE: Vibrantly Dull - by Öde - 08-28-2014, 12:33 AM
RE: Vibrantly Dull - by Rei - 08-30-2014, 03:01 PM