the Rift

you've lost your demon

Beloved Posts: 121
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 8.5 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3 :: Appears 6 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Orphan :: Ragdoll Cat :: None Bunnie
beloved
Autumn, it burns the world down around her.

It sparks little memories, thoughts of hell and the screams as they all died and she ran laughing, laughing, the wind becoming one with her riotous sounds until there was nothing but she and it whispering across the earth, their song filling the long voids between the faces that filtered in and out of her life like the nights edging into day, the seasons stripping the world of its familiar face and replacing it with another strange, skewed mask of what it had been before.

She has walked a long time… for how long, she does not know. She does not even know how long she has lived, only that all things die.

Is it time for her walking to die, too?

As if the thought is heavy she stops, small hooves soundless in the undergrowth as red leaves trickle down like insidious rain about her, tiny ears twitching on her head, muzzle working the air as if it is a lover’s flesh.

"Mmmm," she hums, the high, soft sound twisting in the air like noxious fumes, as invisible to her ears as the gas would be to her eyes, "not alone." Its as if she sings it, the words thick and rich in her throat as they purr forth, but they are only a whisper, a guttural sound that she knows is a voice – but who’s?

"Not alone."

She says it louder, looking for the voice around her, a tittering laughter breaking from her lips as she smiles and shrugs her shoulders as if to rid the phantom who calls to her from the world with the physical gesture, angelic face turning this way and that with the slow precision of a mechanized thing, eyes pools that swallow the light.

She forgets what she is looking for. It had been… someone. She narrows her eyes in suspicion, drawing in a harsh, rattling breath as she steps forward again, scattered mind watching the leaves drift down to the earth and wondering if it was them who had called to her.

Was it them who smelled like so many bodies?

[ OOC: Blahhhh okay so this is terrible and haven't played with her in a longggg time so hopefully these will get better. xD ]

die like God, on the cover of time
Image Credit
Tag Beloved, please!

Feel free to attack her with physical or magical violence at your own risk. ;D

Dröm Posts: 114
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee

Dröm
i ignore the risk and take the fall, if it's meant to be it's worthi it all.

Dröm is not stalking, just watching this white unicorn very closely. The first things Dröm noticed were that their height and age seemed similar. That is where the similarities ended, though. She was white, Dröm was not. She had a strange eye marking, Dröm did not. Even the flaxen girl's forehead was different than this white mare's. Would their personalities or history be similar? Would this stranger speak like Dröm and act the same, too? This girl is seemingly normal, so Goldy has no trouble approaching her.

She walks under the cover of the shade as she moves towards a slight clearing, where the white unicorn will see her well. As the sun hits her hide, her gold coat sparkles and shines. Her forelock covers her caramel eyes, but she can see through the hairs. The floor is littered with red, gold, and brown leaves. Each one dead or dying. Sticks had also taken residence on the floor after falling from the trees. With a soft nicker escaping a well-used mouth, she attempts to alert the mare that she is here. Dröm would not like to spook the mare like Rei had done to her one day in the threshold (before trying to set her up with a random yearling).

Now that Dröm can see the mare better, she sees that the unicorn's coat is unmarred-- just like her own. Pristine and flawless. Both of them have fine curvature and a dazzling overall appearance. Dröm's eyes are caramel and warm, inviting, almost. This mare's eyes are strange. One black with a sort of 't' shape marking it. The other white with an awkwardly small pupil. The flighty arab finds herself both worried and intrigued, a combination that she has become used to. "Hello there." She whinnies softly, her voice soft and sweet-- a lullaby coaxing anyone within range of hearing to sleep. "I'm Dröm, a Hidden Falls mare." The name Dröm is quite strange. She's heard many different ways of pronouncing it, but she sticks with Drrrrom. The name, though slightly masculine, sounds adorably feminine the way the girl says it. The 'rö' is held out slightly, giving it a slight appeal in her opinion. While this ghost of a mare introduce herself, or remain a nameless nomad?

ooc: it looked so lonely! :o I would've replied sooner, but I only saw it now. <3
"blah blah blah."

[Image: 53d6f2ea9010d]
pixel by baylee

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie
I Ain't Got Time To Bleed

I'm back to recruiting. I can't fight, so what else am I supposed to do? I debated patrolling, but again, if something where to happen, I would have to fight, and I wasn't willing to risk that, no matter how much I may hate myself for getting knocked up. So, here I am, trying again to get a recruit.

In many ways recruiting for the Basin was complicated, and much harder than it really should be. Why? Because we only accept Unicorns. The Basin is an ass hole like that, and stubborn too. I wasn't racist, but I knew many in my home where, and I would probably be kicked out, and chased if I brought home anything but a Unicorn. So, I move along, judging those I see. Pegasus, Equine, Pegusus, Equine, Hybrid, Equine.... Unicorn? If there are those around already conversing I stop, listen for a few moments, see if said Unicorn is Basin material. The Basin was harsh, in it's tactics, and the weather. You had to be a tough son of a bitch to make it there. They did not tolerate weak links. All those at the Basin where strong, if not just in will but physically. Even the Lady Illynx, dainty as she was, was much stronger than she looked. After all, looks could be deceiving. Along with that strength the Basin harbored very intelligent creatures, even though most where racist murderers. However, that almost made them more intelligent. To be able to formulate plans to attack their enemy's and to creatively kill those they hated. Most murderers where very intelligent, as well as psychotic.

But I came across one who may just fit right in. Another mare is already there, a pretty flaxen chestnut equine mare. The mare introduces herself, and I move in. Dröm. It was an odd name, but I shrug it away and continue to the white mare. I make my arrival clear, not sneaking up in any way, but letting the leaves and sticks crack beneath my hooves. "Hello," I say to them both. I notice the strange markings on the unicorn mare, but even though they are strange, they are unique. Interesting. But I have paused for long enough.

"Welcome to Helovia. I am Sialia, soldier for the Aurora Basin."

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Beloved]
Words;; 380
Notes;; WOOT, SIALIA GOES RECRUITING ONCE MORE BECAUSE PREGGER MARES CAN'T DO MUCH

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!

beloved
The leaves are dead beneath her, and she takes in the crisp sound of the more ancient of the bodies slipping against the malleable, waxy coats of those yet to dry and crackle as weight finds them, its notes bending through her twisted thoughts until she is humming aloud to mimic the noises rising from her hooves, a sweet and strange sound that is cut short when an additional maestro approaches.

She stops, a scowl on her lips; her ears twitter atop her head and a flighty giggle escapes her lips as she twists her small, ivory body around to spy upon whoever has come to interrupt her sonata. Stifled as suddenly as they chattered into life, her ripples of laughter still as a sound of greeting catches her ears, the pinned status of her listening tools slacking as they slowly rise and her face equally slow turns to face whoever it is has invaded her quiet and privacy - not alone.

For the time, the mare has forgotten that she is in the threshold, that this is normal to be talked to by strangers as if they want something of her. Her haunting eyes narrow, the black a streak and the silver flashing dangerously as they find purchase on the red toned equine that has come to her. Hot and red, her tongue openly probes at her lips as the woman speaks, the scent of her heavy with flesh and the crisp smell of grasses growing alongside water, and while the other mare makes nice and does as all good recruiters do, the wicked white one just stares with an expression of distrust and unnatural hunger lacquered to her face.

"Not alone," she whispers after too long a time, the narrow slits of her gaze blinking slowly to return to their state of watchfulness, and while it is likely to soft for any to hear her, she finishes with what the woman is – if she is not alone, "Draoahm." It is heavy with the pronunciation that was so easily cast from the lips of the spell holder, caught and pondered on the tip of her tongue even if she wonders just how Drom’s taste if they smell so pleasant.

Thankfully for the mare now become delightful prospective snack cake, another arrives to draw the liquid of her eyes away from the sweet face that wishes only to make friends. This is a different sort of beast, the wicked witch takes note of, her mouth tightening into a scowl that her game with the Drom has been ended by a fat whore of a creature. Her sides are wide with child, and a shudder rises from inside the ivory bitch even as her lips curl off her white teeth in a grimacing smile, her giggles rising once again out into the air.

"Hello," she mocks, her voice sing-songing out against the dying ripples of her pointless laughter, the humor that they both floundered with the same word reaching deep and hard into her heart and twisting the wires of her strange humor until the sparked in the air alive and vibrant.

They both gave names, too, but she doesn’t want to give them hers. What do they need it for? Perhaps they want to sell it to the rotting man in the castle but – another bout of jittery, bizarre giggles choke the silence into nothing – the rotting man is dead. Is there another one here? Did he not die in the fires, with the others? Did she not hear him screaming?

There were too many screaming. It was like an orchestra of voices and it rises through her soul like a mantra of strength. No. Maybe she hadn’t heard him, after all.

Her eyes narrow again, the breathless laughter breaking from her lips is stolen away in their sharpness, in the way her red tongue probes at the corner of her mouth and she looks them both over with the scrutiny of a butcher looking over his latest carcasses to hack into sellable bits. They didn’t ask her anything, and she didn’t even have to answer if they did, and she finds that she is staring at the horrible curse that has befallen the pregnant unicorn in the form of her round sides as she finally finds words that fit into her strange, falsified realities.

"These are herds?" she sounds sweet and innocent enough, and while obviously deranged as a drug addled hermit, she is still passing as harmless for the most part, if only creepy. But there is a hunger underlying her pitch that, should they listen closely, betrays her true desires and leaves a dark smut glittering around her words; herds had people, and people were just bodies.

How many bodies were there?

Image Credit
Tag Beloved, please!

Dröm Posts: 114
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
[quote='Dröm' pid='109423' dateline='1407810318']

Dröm
i ignore the risk and take the fall, if it's meant to be it's worthi it all.

This mare, she is strange. The way she laughs and speaks. It makes the flax girl shudder. She says her name so strangely - Draoahm, or something like that. The entire thing creeps the girl out. Another approaches, her sides rather large, but it doesn't appear to be fat. It seems as if the mare is graced with a child inside of her. Both of these mares have grand horns and a self-confident appearance, whereas the dainty little arabian is not as grand, not as appealing, one might say. Yet, Lace had called her pretty? He did, right after he trapped her with him and forced her to speak. Not very smooth. If he thinks he'll just waltz up to mares, play the part of prince charming then trap them there like a bird in a cage, he is crazy. Perhaps he would like this ghost mare. They could be psychotic together. "Yes, those names are the titles of herds. Though, to join a herd one must be rather level headed and willing to comply with orders given by leaders." Drom was not so sure this mare was capable of that. The way she laughed, then analyzed them as if she was some cougar and they were... rabbits. Rabbits? WHY IS DROM ALWAYS A DAMN RABBIT? No, they could never call her something more. She is a rabbit, will always be a rabbit, and will always be prey for the hungry dogs and avians. Oh, don't they just love to eat her up!

Her ears slips backwards and flatten, clearly upset. With a distrusting look painted on her features, she swivels away from them and begins walking, half hoping the mare will apologize and stop her, tell her she was pretending. Drom did not want some psychopath as a fried. She would not have it. With a snort, she begins prancing, still moving a slow steady speed. There is still a chance to stop her! Will the ghost take it?

"blah blah blah."
ooc: drom is out if no one stops her :3

[Image: 53d6f2ea9010d]
pixel by baylee

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie
I Ain't Got Time To Bleed

The mare that we where recruiting. Ah, a very interesting creature. She is creepy, giggling in a odd way, as if she had found something funny. But what was there to be found funny? Hm. I watch her curiously. Would she be Basin material? Though the mare analyzed them like prey, she was sorely mistaken. Yes, I Sialia was pregnant, but I was not prey by any means. I was the predator, although a pristine appearance said otherwise.

Her voice is mocking in her hello, and she does not provide a name. Is she like the fool whom I had met months ago, afraid to give her own name? Of course not. She didn't seem to be one who was afraid of such trifle things.

She giggles in her odd way once more, before asking if the names of the lands where herd names. I begin to respond, but the flaxen beats me to it. After a taught answer, the mare turns to walk away, briskly. I watch her leaving, a ear on her lazily. I would not call her back, because for once I might bring home a treat for the Lady Illynx, and the Lord Deimos. A nasty treat, but a treat none the less. My gated blue eyes slowly turn to rest on the white mare in front of me. Would she go after the flaxen mare, or would she stay, and come home with me. Or, not go with either of us and become an outcast? I have no expectations of her, as I know not of what the white and blacked marked creature will do next, because for all I knew, the unpredictable mare could go running off, giggling all the way. So, I wait to see what she does, as I will be doing no one any favors today.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Beloved]
Words;; 305
Notes;; Sorry this took so long!

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!

beloved
Rabbits run, and the rabbit tells of their holes and then scurries away.

The silver rim of her colored eye narrows in hesitant lust for the chase, the only pantomime in her current position that which holds her in place and does not follow the red girl into the trees, the one who reeks of discomfort and fear. A low, growling sound escapes her tight grasp on her hunger, unnatural gaze never breaking from the departure of the frightened one.

The snarl chokes into her sputtering giggles again, white tail swishing behind her as she takes a slow, languid pace forward, her horn low and the tip angled to reflect the light dangerously, the fae’s own snort of hesitation drowned out in the sound. Her ears flatten suddenly, her nostrils draconic as she drinks deep the intoxicating scent that radiates off the painted one. "Order?" her mouth is smiling, but her eyes are frigid and glistening, her voice is brittle as glass dropped in liquid nitrogen breaking into a thousand pieces in slow motion; the glass becomes streaked in blood as she takes another step forward, "I know order. The frightened run and the bold give chase."

Her giggles die, her smile vanishes. "You’re running…"

Her ears still cling to her skull, white tail swaying with the twitchy anticipation of a cat crouched low to the grass, her eyes on a bird. With a painful slowness, she looks back to the dark mare as she remembers her presence, the fat one who placidly watches it all, taking the strangeness of the blasphemed one with as much grace as another cat, waiting to see the outcome of the hunt. To her, she shares her smile, as she once shared it with a Warlord before he had been burned to nothingness with the rest.

And she forgets that the rabbit is even there, as she focuses on… Sialia.

Why does fear streak the air? It makes this one so much more delicious to gaze upon, a proud ebony figure in the midst of terror.

Licking her Cheshire lips, the ivory damsel turns to face the blue horned one and stands her few paces off grinning madly in delight and a forgotten blood lust, her skin nearly trembling with the intensity of her deranged emotions.

"Beloved."

As if it’s a key that answers everything and can be deciphered into her full intent behind it, the woman strides off into the woods in the direction that Sialia had appeared from, a glance given to the other fear streaked path that she thinks a ghost left on before she got here, and another back to the one who had not vanished in the folds of her madness, urging her to take her to this… Basin.

Image Credit
Tag Beloved, please!