the Rift

[OPEN] a parliament of crows

Sheba Posts: 114
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 13 :: Frostfall HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Minou :: Ocelot :: Sing Shady
All she ever wanted was the world.

“Sheba.” A dark head thrusts itself through the broken window, and you jump as though you’ve seen a ghost. It is not so much the elk skull, nor the giant beneath it, nor even his sudden appearance that frightens you. It is the fact that someone who’s supposedly blind knows that it’s you. What else can this so-called sightless creature see? Yet…if he could see, would he be able to tell that it was you? To yourself, you are unrecognizable; your current reflection and your true reflection are as different as a vulture and a swan. Without knowing it, the stag soon resolves the matter, chucking darkly, “You are your usual pleasant self, I hear. What has you in a state this time; someone throw something at you?” So he does not know that you look like crone, or that you more closely resemble a bag of bones than the beauty you once were. For the first time in weeks, a sense of relief trickles into your blood.

Morir,” you breathe, gazing up at him. “It’s a…surprise to find you here. To my knowledge, Confutatis has been missing for months. I wasn’t aware that any but myself still visited here.” You ignore his last question, preferring to keep your plight to yourself. In truth, this season has been lonely, hiding from the rest of the world with nary a trick to play nor a heart to break—why, you’d settle for a decent conversation, even if it is with a ghost from a past you’d rather forget. Your loyalties no longer lie with the demon queen, for she has failed you, but you will not admit that to Morir…not until you know where his own allegiances stand. But why talk politics, if you can help it? You will eagerly drink in the sound of his voice if it means company. He cannot see you, and for a night, you are free.

@[Morir]

Please tag Sheba in all posts!

Messages In This Thread
a parliament of crows - by Morir - 08-08-2014, 05:22 PM
RE: a parliament of crows - by Sheba - 08-09-2014, 05:11 AM
RE: a parliament of crows - by Sheba - 08-11-2014, 04:51 AM
RE: a parliament of crows - by Sheba - 08-14-2014, 12:08 AM
RE: a parliament of crows - by Sheba - 08-19-2014, 04:39 AM
RE: a parliament of crows - by Sheba - 08-30-2014, 04:15 AM
RE: a parliament of crows - by Morir - 08-09-2014, 08:42 AM
RE: a parliament of crows - by Morir - 08-13-2014, 02:34 PM
RE: a parliament of crows - by Morir - 08-14-2014, 01:15 PM