the Rift

[PRIVATE] Death Trap [Midas]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Oxy evidently had little interest in herbs from Kiara, our lead medic; his desire was for something else. A weapon, a spear to be exact. My reaction is one of total indifference, and though outwardly the expression didn’t change, there is certainly a spark of mistrust fluttering to life. Giving me pause. By all appearance a concerned frown remained and would likely be the only thing he’d see – even as silence lapsed and his request hung between us. I followed those dark eyes to the empty satchel. The crafting idea was a simply one, easily accommodated – something as tiny as a javelin wouldn’t take long to make and the rod could be fashioned from the same material.

Brows draw together with obvious concentration, I take a moment to contemplate, thinking about straight out refusing to fashion something that could be used for wounding another individual. Then again, he was my Legatus and I recalled that during our race in the heart I’d made a promise to craft him a trinket of choice; plus, such a tool could be used in our defense… coupled with these two realizations I wondered what right I truly had to withhold? “I can do what ye requests,” there is a finality in my tone. I’d complete my promise and pray to Earth that it wasn’t out of vain.

Quietly, this soul called upon the silver strings of magic that was spooled tightly around my soul, a small amount of energy is expended as I search the ground below us -- finding it full of raw iron. The process of pulling iron was still new to me, it would take longer than crafting an item of gold – but iron would be stronger. “What stirs ye to suddenly desire a weapon?” My question comes in a callous manner, casual, as if I’m asking about the weather.

Small pieces of silver rises from the soil, tiny flakes that capture my attention and draw focus to earth. Gaze slips low, concentrating on the pieces of iron collecting in a small pile only a few feet away. It would take a little time to collect enough flakes to melt into something of worth.
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Death Trap [Midas] - by Oxy - 08-09-2014, 01:02 PM
RE: Death Trap [Midas] - by Midas - 08-11-2014, 09:08 AM
RE: Death Trap [Midas] - by Oxy - 08-11-2014, 04:09 PM
RE: Death Trap [Midas] - by Midas - 08-12-2014, 10:08 AM
RE: Death Trap [Midas] - by Oxy - 08-12-2014, 01:32 PM
RE: Death Trap [Midas] - by Midas - 08-13-2014, 10:17 AM
RE: Death Trap [Midas] - by Oxy - 08-15-2014, 02:08 PM
RE: Death Trap [Midas] - by Midas - 08-15-2014, 05:26 PM
RE: Death Trap [Midas] - by Oxy - 08-16-2014, 12:39 AM
RE: Death Trap [Midas] - by Midas - 08-20-2014, 09:36 AM