the Rift

[PRIVATE] Death Trap [Midas]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Would it have made a single ounce of difference had I wasted my breath and energy trying to stop this fellow from completing his revenge? Who could know? Somehow I seriously doubted it. Nay, he had freedom of choice just as the rest of us, and neither I nor the gods themselves could halt such a man. Not unless it meant death or some severity. He spoke a name, one that was unfamiliar to me; but such wasn’t a surprise when the title Basin followed.

I sighed, releasing a held breath and narrowing brow as concentration pulled my attention away from the topic of our conversation. His addition and claim made me smile just a little, one corner twisted up as if finding such a thing humorous. I had no quarrel with either fellow.

One end of the staff took on its circular shape, small notches began to take theoretical form, a small piece of silver trailed higher. Slipping toward his muzzle, “be still please,” I murmur, the silver drew near his face and measured the length of jaw without so much as brushing a single hair. Then it withdrew and laid across the staff. The small indentions grew larger, leaving ample space for his teeth to wrap round and clinch down in those particular spots.

Said object twisted and shifted sideways, allowing my eye to observe every corner for imperfection before moving along the staff to the head, which was slowly following the shape of its sister point. The weapon was nearly complete, “I would caution thee; though note I have no intent on halting your purpose.” He wasn’t the only one who was battling demons that lay across my spine, how many of my family and friends been wounded by Basin folk?

“Should ye challenge yon fool and fail, the laws of Basin will be the judge and jury. Ye will find no aid from thy family in this – for thee actions are freely chosen.”

The final point formed and I began the process of hardening, “Think upon these words I beg, and understand what consequences follow this choice.” He needed to be aware that as a peace keeper and the leader of this herd I could not and would not condone this choice, but…there was little that would stop him aside from maybe asking that he give pause to consider and assure that this was what he truly wanted.

Finally, at long last the spear was complete. I carried it forward, flashing it before his eyes. “Your request is complete.” I waited, for his response and either approval or request for modification.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Death Trap [Midas] - by Oxy - 08-09-2014, 01:02 PM
RE: Death Trap [Midas] - by Midas - 08-11-2014, 09:08 AM
RE: Death Trap [Midas] - by Oxy - 08-11-2014, 04:09 PM
RE: Death Trap [Midas] - by Midas - 08-12-2014, 10:08 AM
RE: Death Trap [Midas] - by Oxy - 08-12-2014, 01:32 PM
RE: Death Trap [Midas] - by Midas - 08-13-2014, 10:17 AM
RE: Death Trap [Midas] - by Oxy - 08-15-2014, 02:08 PM
RE: Death Trap [Midas] - by Midas - 08-15-2014, 05:26 PM
RE: Death Trap [Midas] - by Oxy - 08-16-2014, 12:39 AM
RE: Death Trap [Midas] - by Midas - 08-20-2014, 09:36 AM