the Rift

Chasing Dreams & Butterflies

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
Kahlua
The Sunshower

Well, the queen was not stranger to odd actions, and so as the new mare looked to the ground, Kahlua still waited patiently, sure that she was about to be attacked. Was the mare planning what move she might make- how to bite, where to kick, when to slam? Only the brief flash of a friendly smile that she had seen on Jahzara's face was what kept her here now, prevented her from running away entirely. Perhaps there was a chance, no matter how small, that the palomino would accept her apology... Kahlua could hope.

And, it seemed her hoping may have worked. That, or the gods were smiling upon her this day. Jahzara's friendly voice filled the air and in a flash, Kahlua's fluid emotions led her back to happiness and excitement at meeting a new friend. Her body visibly relaxed, her muscles loosening, and she took a step forward again, decreasing the distance between she and the palomino. “Oh! That sounds terrible!” she commented upon the cougar attack, her concern as real as could be. “I'm so glad you're alright.” And with that, all thoughts of being attacked by Jay were gone from the queen's head.

And so she listened, repeating Jahzara's name in her head several times, committing it to memory. She wasn't good at much, but names she could remember well. Jahzara and... Lily? The queen furrowed her brow for a moment, looking to empty space that Jay had indicated, but she did not let herself be confused for long. She had heard whispers across the land of invisible creatures called boggarts- companions that bonded with the horses in much the same way a dragon or a kitsune would. So, simple minded as she was, she quickly concocted a story for why she could not see the aforementioned Lily.

“Well welcome to Helovia then, Jahzara and Lily!” Pausing for a moment to toss her head to indicate Jay should walk with her (if she wanted to), the queen quickly chattered on. Extroverted social butterfly was an excellent description of her personality. “Walk with me then, of course you wouldn't want to just stand here after arriving. You're so lucky to have had someone to travel with. I was all by myself for a whole year! It was awful. But never mind that, tell me about you, do you like it here? Are you looking for a home?” And she could have gone on with a whole other round of questions, but she forced herself to be quiet long enough to listen. It was so nice to be able to just be around someone normal for a little while. Especially after having to be nice to Illynx, of all horses.
Image Credit to Silk

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
Chasing Dreams & Butterflies - by Jahzara - 08-10-2014, 04:29 PM
RE: Chasing Dreams & Butterflies - by Kahlua - 08-10-2014, 06:02 PM
RE: Chasing Dreams & Butterflies - by Jahzara - 08-10-2014, 09:52 PM
RE: Chasing Dreams & Butterflies - by Kahlua - 08-10-2014, 10:11 PM
RE: Chasing Dreams & Butterflies - by Jahzara - 08-11-2014, 09:23 PM
RE: Chasing Dreams & Butterflies - by Kahlua - 08-12-2014, 12:18 PM
RE: Chasing Dreams & Butterflies - by Jahzara - 08-13-2014, 02:30 PM