the Rift

Chasing Dreams & Butterflies

Jahzara Posts: 63
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 hands :: 6 Birdsongs
Xyroca
'See? I told you I could find you a home!' Lily exclaimed with pride after Kahlua officially gave them her offer. 'Oh, wait a minute Jay. Let's mull it over first...I believe she means well, but we don't know what kind of herd she has.' Kahlua's timing could not have been more perfect as she began to talk about her herd, and Jahzara lifted her crown with interest as the tears began to dry, only followed by a sniffle. A herd whose entire goal was for peace? Nothing could be more fitting! Just as the golden vixen was about to open her mouth to respond, she was caught off guard when the Queen mentioned...unicorns?

Even Lily's brow raised on the mention of the magical creatures, her muzzle scrunched up to give Kahlua a funny look. 'Ooookay then, maybe she's a little off her rocker too then...' She muttered to Jahzara under her breath, her tone full of disbelief. "Lily!" Jahzara hissed back in a shocked whisper, embarrassed that her friend would even jump to such a conclusion, much less make such a remark about it. 'What? Don't get me wrong, I still like her. But think about it Jay, she welcomes me and talks about unicorns. Maybe she's just...you know...Maybe she's a bit like you?' That really didn't make the golden mare feel better, and she expressed her distaste with a stern look to the purple pony. She was insulted that Lily would say such a thing, calling her 'off her rocker' like that!

A sheepish grin spread across the pony's muzzle, auds flicking back into an embarrassed neutral position. 'Sorry Jay, I didn't mean it the way it came out.' Satisfied with her apology, Jahzara gave an accepting nod as she returned her attention to the Queen. Politely, she gave a dip of her muzzle. "I apologize, had I known you were a Queen, I would have shown proper respect earlier." The palomino was surprised as Kahlua so willingly gave her back story. She hung on to every word, like a filly being told of an adventurous story. It was like a fairy tale in her eyes, Kahlua was a princess living in a fairy tale that brought her to become a Queen. After all, do not all fairy tales usually start with a tragic event that lead to a happily ever after? It was something that Jahzara admired, and hoped to someday find on her own. Her own fairy tale. Perhaps that is what this place, Helovia, would bring her. To turn her tragedy into a fairy tale.

"What do you think, Lily?" Jahzara asked aloud, waiting for her best friend's opinion on if they should accept her offer. Lily took a moment to inspect Kahlua once more, as if judging whether or not to see if she would reveal any sign that she had been lying to them and feeding them false pretenses. She waddled up to face the paint head on, before lowering her little head low to the ground. Her bow brought a grin to Jahzara's muzzle, and somewhat matching her friend's position, she lowered her crown in a respectful position. "We would be honored to live with you and your herd."

Messages In This Thread
Chasing Dreams & Butterflies - by Jahzara - 08-10-2014, 04:29 PM
RE: Chasing Dreams & Butterflies - by Kahlua - 08-10-2014, 06:02 PM
RE: Chasing Dreams & Butterflies - by Jahzara - 08-10-2014, 09:52 PM
RE: Chasing Dreams & Butterflies - by Kahlua - 08-10-2014, 10:11 PM
RE: Chasing Dreams & Butterflies - by Jahzara - 08-11-2014, 09:23 PM
RE: Chasing Dreams & Butterflies - by Kahlua - 08-12-2014, 12:18 PM
RE: Chasing Dreams & Butterflies - by Jahzara - 08-13-2014, 02:30 PM