the Rift

Glory [ Mandatory Herd Meeting!]

Indy Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Anger bubbled just below the surface as the stallion strode into the herd meeting. He did not approve of Paladin challenging his mate for her position as lead, but what could he do about it now. The stallion had taken a beating, but he'd won and he could respect that. The rest of the herd was another matter, or rather Smoke and her yes-man. He stopped next to Paladin, his head raised, eyes cold, muscles tense. He snorted fiercely at Smoke and Ricochet, obviously disapproving of them both. "Shut up, boy." He ground out when Rico had the audacity to slander his daughter. "If Smoke wants her position back then let her prove her prowess and earn it for herself." He fixed Smoke with a disapproving gaze. He didn't understand the mare. He could accept his demotion from lead with grace, but apparently the mare possessed none since the only thing she could do was argue.

"Soleil is in no shape to fight at the current time, anyway. She is nursing wounds sustained in a fight against the God the Sun." His tail slapped against his legs. "She fought to defend her home rather than bed the one who was attacking." He then looked at Ricochet, his eyes hardening farther. What had he done? Nothing. He was nothing but a loud-mouth that Smoke had brought into the Foothills. "If you don't like the way the herd is going to be run now then get the hell out, no one is making you stay."

Indy then looked at Paladin. "Obviously you have my support, Paladin." He said, though his gaze said more. "Don't disappoint me."

sxc.hu, Sooty-Bunnie, AlaskaStock, and ilovearies

Paladin the Valiant Posts: 153
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 15 Years Buff: DANCE
Tamme

I WANT TO FEEL THE PAIN AND THE BITTER TASTE
OF THE BLOOD ON MY LIPS, AGAIN

A second voice of reason approached. The black, noble stallion in whom Paladin found solace. He was strong and charismatic, but his leadership was hindered by Gossamer's authority. Boy was exactly right. He was a child. And Smoke could very well fend for herself if she wanted the position. She could have even spoken to him about having the position. She chose neither option. She chose exile.

The news of Soleil's injuries hit Paladin hard, square in the chest. Despite his exhaustion, his crimson eyes filled with worry as he looked into Indy's eyes. She had fought against the Sun God. He loved her spirit and her tenacity, but sometimes he wished for a more docile mate. He worried about her and her courage. Though he knew he would have her no other way. Soleil was perfect. Indy's slight to Smoke's pregnancy was sharp and legitimate, though Paladin would have never thought such a thing himself. Still, the evidence stood plainly.

"I am going to go take care of my mate," he rumbled quietly, looking to Indy. "I will do you justice, Indy the Righteous," he said respectfully before limping away to take care of his mate and hopefully get some sleep.