the Rift

Glory [ Mandatory Herd Meeting!]

Paladin the Valiant Posts: 153
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 15 Years Buff: DANCE
Tamme

I WANT TO FEEL THE PAIN AND THE BITTER TASTE
OF THE BLOOD ON MY LIPS, AGAIN

Paladin's eyes landed on the black and golden mare, and he listened to her words. The stallion was pleased that his decision to keep the Qian was acknowledged, since the others, primarily equines, seemed to be picking him apart already. The black dun ached, and he was quickly running out of patience and energy to deal with nonsense. He wished that Soleil were here at his side to help him shoulder the brunt of this madness, but she was busy herding their children.

"As the Foothills will serve you as an open band should you require," he replied gently to Mirage, the strength of his booming voice fading as the pain continued to burn. The fact that a new, dun stallion strode up closely to Smoke in her moment of chiding him incited the stallion's deeply seated paranoia, and he narrowed his good eye carefully. Still, he said he wanted to be a warrior, and Paladin admired Smoke's abilities. If he was anything like her, then the dun was welcome.

"I have made note of your rank, Ricochet the Incendiary and Guns, and I will put it into effect immediately," he replied firmly, hoping that by pleasing some of these irritated equines that he would finally get some measure of peace. The next to stride in made Paladin's eye widen with curiosity, intrigue and awe, and he could do nothing for a few moments but stare. An equine carried a tree upon her back, and a small, woodland creature moved about on her boughs.

"Greetings," he replied. The way she spoke reminded him of a tree, and he smiled kindly. "A lignea you say? I have never before hear of your kind, but I am fascinated. The Foothills will be eager to learn of your tales as well as your methods in herbology, particularly with winter approaching," he said, his voice carrying an awestruck tone. He quickly tried to return his voice to normal, and he took a moment to mull over her abilities. "Would you be interested in serving this herd as the Storyteller?" he asked. "You would be responsible for maintaining the chronology, relaying tales of importance about distant lands and Helovia, as well as any other tasks suit your purpose."

Another equine mare spoke up and Paladin looked at her, nodding. "I encourage you to also gather tales of Helovia from the others and return them, and I give hope by your desire to learn. Not many desire such an admirable goal," he told Query before hearing Kimber. A complainer. There were right ways and wrong ways to go about bringing up matters, and only a few of these equines seemed blessed with tact.

Paladin watched as a mother warrior and her son followed in and the black dun stallion nodded in response to her wanting to be a warrior. Then, he listened as she seemed to want to speak privately with Ricochet and Smoke; based on their attitudes, this entire development was proving to be quite worrisome, and he grimaced before listening to a strong, pinto colt. Was that not Aaron? The one who had enjoyed Ophelia's company?

He turned to Kimber. "As I previously explained, an open, equal herd can only be properly represented if all species are in leadership," he replied, his voice strained with discomfort. "Many pegasus prefer also to live in the Throat because they were not openly invited here, or perhaps they were concerned by the over abundance of equine leads. My daughters currently live in the Throat, and I will speak to them and the diplomats about how to best invite our winged friends into our open midst."

"To address your other statement, you are false. I have expressed interest in joining the ranks as a lead through being a warrior. In a spar with Smoke, I emerged victorious, and I had assumed that my prowess in battle would prove that I was worthy coupled with my era of peace in the Tides. I am not interested in maintaining a system that does not reward those who actively work to better themselves in the system." Paladin explained this as calmly as he could, but his patience for these incessant questions was growing thin.

His crimson gaze leveled on Ophelia's friend. "The system in the Tides worked. For the longest time in history, the beach was open and free for all who wished to join. Economics forced the Sect to invade because as a group of racist unicorns who held emotional ties to the sands, they had no other choice. Obvious choice, anyway. They could get themselves burned by the equines in the Lush Oasis, the largest herd. Or they could have invaded the Woodlands, a land which held many secrets and was primarily mixed from the beginning, or they could pick on the open group of the Tides which had unicorn history as well as less herd members," he said and looked at the colt pointedly. "Which do you think they would choose? Now, the unicorns have the Edge, and I intend to make sure that Mauja does not have his sites set on expansion. As for the Throat, Smoke has forged an important bond. Unless a group of racist equines decides to throw a wrench in this entire operation, the future is clear."

Paladin's crimson eye settled on Smoke as he spoke this, as well as Solstice and the newcomer who all seemed keen on meeting in private. "I intend to invite more pegasus to live among us and have you all as a collective vote on which you believe would make the best leader."

Another pegasus strode in and he smiled. "You must be Xenos Yaro," he said kindly. "You are more than welcome to stay, and as a member of this herd who will perform the important duty of inviting newcomers in, you are held in high esteem."

[OOC: Skipped Saisands because of other thread. All other ranks will be maintained. :) ]

Messages In This Thread
Glory [ Mandatory Herd Meeting!] - by Paladin - 08-28-2012, 09:48 PM
RE: Glory [ Mandatory Herd Meeting!] - by Smoke - 08-28-2012, 10:02 PM
RE: Glory [ Mandatory Herd Meeting!] - by Casimir - 08-28-2012, 10:14 PM
RE: Glory [ Mandatory Herd Meeting!] - by Paladin - 08-28-2012, 10:16 PM
RE: Glory [ Mandatory Herd Meeting!] - by Mirage - 08-28-2012, 10:43 PM
RE: Glory [ Mandatory Herd Meeting!] - by Willow - 08-29-2012, 12:11 AM
RE: Glory [ Mandatory Herd Meeting!] - by Ink - 08-29-2012, 12:35 AM
RE: Glory [ Mandatory Herd Meeting!] - by Query - 08-29-2012, 12:57 AM
RE: Glory [ Mandatory Herd Meeting!] - by Kimber - 08-29-2012, 02:58 AM
RE: Glory [ Mandatory Herd Meeting!] - by Saisands - 08-29-2012, 11:25 AM
RE: Glory [ Mandatory Herd Meeting!] - by Poppy - 08-29-2012, 11:33 AM