the Rift

[OPEN] Rain drops are black in the night (Midas's kiddos)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 Midas</style>

Minutes went by slowly, I was surprised that no patrol arrived to greet me; nay, not a single soldier trailed in from the sky or ground. Ivory locks flashed hard against my left flank, two pairs of eyes were drawn to the distant storm which continued to grow – we watched it in silence. Eventually I saw a familiar figure, darting in and out of the clouds. His body a handsome cream, powerful wings thrashing misty heaven aside. Fina had long caught sight of that dusty form, her sharp raptor eyes a boon to seeing distant things. She sidestepped along my body, waving back and forth in anticipation. The son of a general and leader noted our presence.

Fina cooed warmly, fondly spreading wings and beating their heat against the dry ozone. Tail flared out, shinning like a true rival to the hidden sun. Cera came soaring down moments later. Painted limbs stood their ground and unadorned crown rose to greet my middle child; my prodigy. A warm, paternal smile laced its way across lips.

The desert caked his body with a warm musk that was ever familiar to my senses; however, there was another fragrance lingering like a bad omen. Yar, copper. I knew the taste from battle and spar alike. Brows visibly narrowed, pools filtering some of the inner concern that was bubbling toward the surface. “Yar. I say hail to ye, son.” His scuff marks drew uneasiness, but it was common for all parents to worry of their kin. Fina chortled, demanding attention from the young diviner – smirk inched higher, tenderly I added, “She worries of ye.” We both did. Dark muzzle extends, attempting to brush across his velvet to solidify our meeting, “I’ve come to visit ye and Ranjiri.”

“How fairs ye?”

Image by: Sei
Table by: Brit
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rain drops are black in the night (Midas's kiddos) - by Midas - 09-11-2014, 09:25 AM