the Rift

[OPEN] Rain drops are black in the night (Midas's kiddos)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 Midas</style>

He had nearly completely withdrawn from me. I felt it, sensed it. Without words or the lack there of – I knew this boy. Who else had been around to nurture his early days? Had Cera forgotten the countless Tallsun afternoons we’d spent by the sea? Or hours upon hours learning to glide down the slopes of Thistle Meadow. Yar, I couldn’t mend the wounds in his heart, nor the bitterness. He wouldn’t forgive me, even though I’d asked for it. As a parent I would continue to reach out for as long as he allowed it. Even if it hurt us both. Because I loved him as a father would love a son. As my father had loved me.

I listened to how he hadn’t know little Ranjiri to be child – which gave clear indication that he also wouldn’t know the sire. Without replying I nod and start moving forward at his word, glancing over as Cera began limping painfully ahead. The Diviner answered my question about his quest, I remained silent for a moment longer before speaking.

Memories of a certain lass who could control fire came forefront, “I know of a woman who can harness flames.” Last I’d seen her, she’d been burning down trees and other manner of flora, “Her name is Aurelia, I last saw her on the floating island near the ocean.” Perhaps the girl could be persuaded to help, perhaps not – there was no harm in sharing the information. “and would flying do ye better?” He could hate me for caring and I could hate myself for trying and failing…and thus a circle would continue until one broke away forever.

Image by: Sei
Table by: Brit
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rain drops are black in the night (Midas's kiddos) - by Midas - 10-12-2014, 03:53 PM