the Rift

[OPEN] Rain drops are black in the night (Midas's kiddos)

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
 ranjiri & ryuu

so while you're outside looking in, describing what you see remember what you're looking at is me

There were times when I adored Orangemoon and there were times when I loathed it. The times when we were able to move quietly through a wooded area and see the drastically changed colors of leaves was something I thoroughly enjoyed. I also liked the way the cool breeze would lift my mane from my neck and whip it around wildly before setting it down gently once more. However, there was a sense of urgency the farther Orangemoon progressed that set me on edge. Every animal was rushing to get food stored for Frostfall, preparing for the inevitable icy chill that would seep through skin and muscle and settle into bones as a dull ache until Birdsong came to chase away the chill. There were also the evening storms that I hated and it appeared that this evening would be no different than the one before.

Lightning split the sky and thunder rumbled as I guided you back to the tree where we usually spent our nights. It would serve as a bit of shelter for me while I sheltered you from the downpour with my wings. Had it been a typical summer storm I would not have been so bothered with it, but it was Orangemoon and there was a chill in the air. I did not want you to become ill, you already had enough problems with your hooves. Topping it off with a cold was not my idea of a good time. As we settled down I let my wing rest over your back and I looked to the horizon, watching the storm as it gained in intensity and size. "It'll be over soon." I murmured as I turned my head to touch my muzzle to your ears.

My own ears twitched at the sound of my name and when I saw your uncle I smiled and extended my muzzle to greet him. My smile faded when I saw the condition he was in, but I said nothing on the matter so I would not worry you over something that was not proper for you to worry over. My gaze then shifted to my own father and I belatedly realized that there was a tension in the air that had nothing to do with the storm in the distance. I looked from one to the other and began to wonder if we would be weathering two storms tonight.

As your uncle introduced you to your grandfather I lifted my wing so he could see more of you, but it was only for a brief time. I know how shy you are when it comes to meeting new horses and instinct whispers that I should shield you even from individuals that I know. The look on my father's face is one that I cannot read and it leaves me ill at ease. I look to Cera and the look he gives me makes my confidence grow and I look to my father again. "Dad, this is Ryuu. My son."

"."

"."

Credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rain drops are black in the night (Midas's kiddos) - by Ranjiri - 10-19-2014, 10:17 PM