the Rift

[OPEN] Rain drops are black in the night (Midas's kiddos)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 Midas</style>

Aye, I’d not thought of it. But perhaps Fina could indeed help him. Her feathers had caught things on fire before, I remembered how the living moss back home had twisted and burned beneath phoenix rage. Appearing to scream soundlessly as it crumbled to the ground, withering, dying. I turned one eye her way, “Would ye aid his quest?” Interest spiked, she prodded with rare keenness at the conversation that transpired by sorting through my memories. I silently translated his words in a language she understood. Those aqua pools sharpened, turned to him as a soft warble came forth.“Yar,” a small smile stretched higher, “She wants to aid thee.” Of course. Fina wouldn’t ever deny him.

What creature had harmed him? I wondered but didn’t ask. Cera seemed content to allow our walk to lapse into silence. I didn’t say anything more, or suggest anything else that would prove helpful to the situation. It wasn't long before he'd led us to our destination. The old magnolia. A tree that had stood firm against storms and all manner of tribulation. Fina took to heaven – climbing high and angling toward a familiar branch. There was sadness in us both, a bitter grief that was sour in our mouths. Even if we left the Falls today. Rejoined our family here in the Throat. Would it ever be the same? Would they even welcome us? I swallowed and gazed down at sand.

Finally we drew near enough for shadowed shapes to become clear. I looked up and saw Ranjiri. Beautiful as always, my sweet daughter. The siblings exchange scents and I’m forced to pause as an onlooker. She looks to me after Cera's introduction and I find myself frowning without realizing it. Her wings part and beneath is a little colt – fragile looking, but no less magnificent. For a moment I simply gaze at the three of them, Fina turns to me then, softly brushing my mind with her warmth and security.

Her confidences gives me resolve and a warm smile chases the shadows from my eyes and face. “Ranjiri. I’m glad to see ye is in good health.” Crown dips to the golden child of mine and muzzle stretches to brush across the tempting heat of her cheek, “and hail Ryuu,” tone softens, deepening into a velvet and paternal tenderness. He is a handsome fellow, carrying multiple horns upon brow – their spikes just beginning to procure. His pelt gives my mind no thought toward adoption or the like. For all I knew the child was of her blood and mine, (though it wouldn’t have made a difference either way.) “I’m honored to meet ye.” Crown lowers to his level.

Image by: Sei
Table by: Brit
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rain drops are black in the night (Midas's kiddos) - by Midas - 10-27-2014, 07:30 PM