the Rift

Loyalty is ALL

Daemyn Posts: 45
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5(Tall Sun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mato :: Caucasian Shepherd Dog :: None Mouse
Daemyn
The new king bellowed his triumph claiming the herd for his own his obnoxious head thrust into the air daring any and all to challenge him. Daemyn knew that there wasn't a single stallion within his birth herd that would rise to the occasion and smash the fools pride. Snorting he watched as the young male, hardly more than a colt, prance around making his members bow to his "greatness". As the king approached purple eyes flashed with rage, how dare he demand loyalty! Lifting his refined speckled head high using his larger size to tower over the young fool. Testosterone pounded through the thickly muscled body as the youngster returned the gesture. He was vaguely aware of the others gathering around the two eager to watch the fight. Arching his thick neck he pawed violently at the ground daring the jester to make his first move.

Shaking the memory from his mind the specked sandy bay limped steadily through the thickening trees. Instead of being a real stallion the "king" had him jumped by four other battle hardy males. Daemyn had been offered a chance to repent for his actions, after his beating, but he had refused. He could still taste the copper on his tongue. 'I couldn't leave without getting a good bite in.' A smirk crossed his manly features as he limped on searching for a new place to call home, and a new king that deserved his respect.

After a while he came across the tempting sight of a slow moving stream. Grunting with his mild displeasure he carefully lowered his handsome head towards the stream. Sucking greedily at the cool water he relaxed his bleeding frame. His wounds were a few days old now, but constantly moving his punctured body continued to bleed. It was only a mild annoyance for the large stallion. After drinking his fill he strode boldly into the chilly water sighing as the swirling water washed away the dirt that had managed to plant itself within the cuts and punctures.

His light bay and white spotted pelt grew dark as the fluid found it's way to his black skin. With his head lowered as the snow sprinkled male relaxed, his flowing silver locks swirled about on the surface. He was a handsome man, built for power as well as agility; thanks to the Quarter horse and Knabstrup blood in his veins. Closing his deep purple eyes Daemyn fought memories of the fight of his mother and father dying one after the other. Instead he focused on finding a new family to love and protect. He had been lucky, in a way, that the loving heart within his broad chest was still his own. 'If I had a mate in my old herd I would have been forced to stay.' Sighing at the double edged thought he turned his mind to the soft thumping of the necklace tided carefully about his neck. All members of his birth herd were given a pendant and leather thong when they turned two. The item was a symbol of their best attribute, his was a black dog with two bright rubies used to indicate his eyes. Pride surged through his tired and beaten body as he thought of the day he had been given this token. A lazy thought bubbled to the surface of his mind as he slowly started to drift into a doze, Maybe someone will find me here so I wont have to walk any more.'

"Speech 'Wonderings'
Words: 583
OOC: Anyone is welcome but he is probably going to the Edge or Throat. I'm going to change the table later too XP
Family Above All
Image Credit

Nayati Posts: 116
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: four years
Rathunax :: Common Red Dragon :: Shock Breath cailyn

I know your wavering heart, intimately</style>

As much as the spotted maiden loved her home, she was a creature composed of shyness and nervous natures, and sometimes the bustle was too much for her to handle. Of the entire herd, only two were aware she even existed, and despite her attempts to rectify that Nayati was simply too soft-spoken to introduce herself to others. Especially when her herdmates were so rarely alone, and she feared crowds would turn her back into the fumbling mess she'd worked so hard to outgrow. So instead, she traveled, never far from the Edge but enough to calm the twitching of her soul. Rathunax was more than pleased to go along with her, for he was a wild one with an adventurous heart, and the hunting was often sparse in the Edge due to all the other companions seeking similar nourishment.

Still fearing her usefulness, Nayati's pale snowy hooves took her down the familiar path towards the Threshold, where once upon a time she had lain bleeding and on death's doorstep as a weanling. Memories of Svetlana no longer haunted her with the severity they once did, but an ache of sorrow always pervaded when she entered the realm of the gateway to Helovia. Traversing the river due to Rathunax wordlessly whining that he wanted fish- he was a picky eater, and though she loved him more than her own life, it was an annoying trait- the long-tressed maiden sighed softly into the crisp autumn air. Her flowers were stubborn as ever in their magically induced presence, uncaring of the falling leaves and dampening soil, springing up in the colorless environment and shedding an entire rainbow of beauty and life in a languidly twisting path behind her.

Rathunax was flying ahead above the river, gullet already half full of fish and pleasing him enough to warrant a pause in his hunting to scout ahead. He was ever vigilant when it came to warding off or warning Nayati about potential threats and spooks, especially after he'd been unable to warn his beloved of Quilyan's presence and she'd spooked so frightfully. It was this that brought to his attention the wandering presence of the speckled male, and his interest was immediately piqued. A wordless call to his bonded had her quickening her pace, especially when Rathunax's mood suddenly became concerned as old wounds were spied upon the stallion's coat.

Nayati thanked the lessons her mother had given her, hoping beyond hope that the wounds were juvenile and would not require such magic that she was not in ownership of. Slowing as she approached, doubt clinging to her mind as she saw the figure upon the ground, clearly dozing, she awaited the familiar prickle of claws upon her hide before advancing. A soft, shy clearing of her throat preceded her words. "Sir? Are you alright? I'm a nurse, I can assist you if you need," she called out with her euphonic lyrics, bright ruby eyes full of concern as she slowly approached. If he was truly wounded, though her eyes catalogued them as old and healing, she feared he would react violently to her awakening him so soon.

"My name is Nayati," she offered, words escaping her as Rathunax cooed in his weird 'ryuu' way, peering over her shoulder to regard the male with a more apprehensive kind of worry. Nayati chanced a few steps closer before elegantly folding her scarred legs beneath her to kneel before the stallion similarly, a blanket of snowy hair spread around her while her flowers bloomed to create a carpet surrounding her, reaching out like a friendly hand towards the stallion the longer she remained stationary. Hopefully her own prostrate form would ease him, were he of a violent sort, and she peered at him from beneath thick icy lashes with a tentativeness that spoke both of her desire to help and her fear that the wounds were present because he was a dangerous sort.

the rose shadows said that they loved the sun, but they also loved the dark, 
where their roots grew through the lightless mystery of the earth. the roses said: you do not have to choose. 

Daemyn
Sleep was a marvelous way to escape the troubles of your life, that is unless you have dreams of your life. He was back in the field with his birth herd being attack by four stallions; pinned under their hooves. He could feel the pain fresh on his flesh as he lay in the wooded clearing. A soft and sweet voice drew him slowly from his nap chasing away the horrific memories. As his kind purple eyes slid open he was startled to see a pretty black spotted mare stalling before him. Daemyn was all but terrified of mares, especially as pretty as this soft speckled mare. Her kinds words were all but lost on his pricked harks; besides the words nurse. His rugged head tilted on the thick white ticked neck. It would be odd to many to see how lock jawed he became around the opposite gender, since he was a prime specimen of a male.

Even her name was sweet and easy on the ears, he fumbled for words before his deep gentle voice rumbled forth, "I'm Daemyn." The stallion froze as she slowly half lowered her body towards him flowers spreading from her body. The beaten stallion was smitten, 'If all the mares here are this beautiful I'm in trouble.' Gulping nervously his stunned gaze slid over her slender back. She was covered in dark scars drawing rage into his heart. 'How could anyone have ever hurt such a sweet dove? If I ever get a hold of that brute, I'll...' But his thought broke off as his eyes found the large red lizard perch on her back. "Umm, what is that lizard thing on your back?" Magic and bonds were completely lost on him, then he remembered the flowers spreading from her slim frame. What was going on here, and how badly hurt was he?

Suddenly her first words hit home and his voice rumbled again,""I was jumped when I wouldn't bow to the new king in my old herd. I haven't really umm taken care of my wounds..." As he spoke purple peepers slid down her face to stare that the different flowers that were slowly creeping towards him. It was so odd to see such a thing, but that wasn't why his ocular attention had been drawn away. He couldn't stand to look into her pretty ruby red eyes. Feeling awkward on the ground with the stunning female he carefully extending his powerful legs.

Making sure not to hit her the powerhouse stallion stood flinching slightly as he realized how stiff his wounds were. A few of the scabs pulled away from the cuts and bites causing a trickle of scarlet blood to run from many now reopened wounds. Feeling self-conscious the stallion cast a glance at his light almost yellow and white pelt, now marked with glimmering red. Chuckling shyly he turned his large refined head back towards Nayati speaking softly, "I guess I could use some help, if it isn't to much trouble..." His deep gentle voice trailed off. How was he supposed to function properly around such a lady?

"Speech 'Wonderings'
Words: 520
OOC: @[Nayati] Anyone is still welcome to join <3
Family Above All
Image Credit
[Image: daemyn_by_poolpaw-d8dwmiw.png] [Image: mato__by_silver_dreamer_mist-d9bez85.png]
Please tag Daemyn!

Outcast

Hazed amethyst peeked out from beneath pale lashes at the call of her voice, focusing with the languid pace of the newly awakened to land upon her frame with clarity. Offering a tentative, kind smile in hopes of silently apologizing for prodding him from his slumber, she concealed her curiosity as his crown tilted and his eyes widened. She wasn't much of an intimidating presence, given both size and temperament. Was it Rathunax he was so surprised by? Before she could dwell further on his minor telling clues, his voice was caressing her aurals and drawing her attention back to the present. His lyrics were coated in thunder and deep, rolling waves across warm beaches. Pleasant to listen to, as he gave his own name in return. Smile curling with pronounced happiness at this display, starting to believe he was truly harmless- at least to her- Nayati tilted her own tiara to the side and laughed softly. "I do apologize, Daemyn, for awakening you. I was merely concerned. Are you new to Helovia?" He certainly smelled of distant lands, but she would politely allot him the time to tell her of that himself.

A coo from Rathunax underlined Daemyn's halted words, and she realized that much like she had been when she stumbled through the snow of the Threshold, he knew nothing of the magic of Helovia. "He is a dragon, and he is my companion. Our souls are intertwined by the magic and will of the Gods of these lands. His name is Rathunax," she stated kindly, the dragon flaring his wings and shaking his body with a friendly noise towards the other spotted soul. Nayati was relieved that the crimson creature was behaving himself, even portraying a kindly demeanor, for he was often sour and protective. Certainly not the best introduction to dragonology for the poor clueless fellow. Whatever damage Rathunax could have done to his newfound reputation was barred by the words that followed in overwhelmed explanation by the wounded stag.

Nayati's expressive face creased in sadness and rage on his behalf, rose eyes alive with the fire of her emotions. "A fool of a king he was then," she spat. "The bend of a knee is supposed to be hard won, as all manners of respect are." With a forced sigh she calmed herself; Daemyn seemed rather hesitant around her as it was, she assumed because of Rathunax, and she didn't want him to think her a zealot. "I apologize. You didn't deserve such treatment." Whether he'd let her tend to him after that outburst or not would have to be seen.

Strong body flexed with motion, drawing a powerful form from the earth to stand above her. But despite his thick mass, his features were schooled into sheepish tentativeness, and Nayati laughed alongside his embarrassed plea for help. Raising herself from where scarred knees touched earth worshipfully, the spotted lass nudged Rathunax from her side to send him for the herbs she would need to tend to the other speckled equine. Nearly endless tresses shifted with the tinkling of baubles in her mane from the Deep Forest fae as she chanced a few steps closer.

"No trouble at all, it's the least I can do for waking you," she smiled despite dropping her head, just as shy in the face of the handsome stallion. As Rathunax chirped his return, she turned and watched as he dropped the bundle of aloe vera and elm at her hooves before gliding back to perch upon her withers. Dropping her lips to the pile she embarrassedly chewed them into a thick pulp, holding the product in her teeth and approaching Daemyn slowly, allowing him the time to deny her touch.

Spreading the poultice was harder, and she was hesitant to press her muzzle so intimately against someone she barely knew, who wasn't part of the Edge. Rathunax followed one wound behind, smoothing the edges to better seal what Nayati couldn't manage. It didn't take long, but the young maiden's jaw was undoubtedly sore by the end of it.

Retreating from Daemyn's cream canvas, she wiped her muzzle upon the inside of her foreleg self-consciously before peering up at the massive stallion from beneath the pale strands of her forelock. Taking in a deep, steadying breath, Nayati let her tiara rise once more and she managed a shy smile. "That should help. I don't have the magic to heal it instantaneously like my herd's Doctors, I'm afraid. Is there anything else I can do to help you?" After all he seemed new to Helovia, and she felt it her duty to help explain to him the world he'd freshly arrived in.

where their roots grew through the lightless mystery of the earth. the roses said: you do not have to choose. 

"Speech 'Wonderings'
Words: 609
OOC: I am SO sorry I took so long! I had life hit me hard lol By the way, these two are super cute! @[Nayati]
Daemyn
As his lilac eyes fluttered open the mare's sweet smile instantly melted his heart. She was the most stunning mare he had ever seen, even more beautiful than the Queen of his birth family. Her white spotted pelt was whiter than the first snow fall of the year. Her laughter was the sweetest sound he had ever heard, like a the bells of a church welcoming an angle home. Her kind words eased his mind and brought him fully to his senses. "It's ok Miss, I appreciate your worry. I am new here to this land, Helovia." His vocals were kind and deep as they rolled from his dark lips. The red dragon and thrown him for a loop, he had never seen such a thing in his six years.

As she explained about the dragon he felt a deep longing to have one of his own. Humble as he was, Daemyn did not think he deserved such a marvelous creature as Rathunax. Speaking again he greeted the dragon, "It's a pleasure to meet you Sir Rathunax. In my old land the Gods did not grace us with such splendid treasures." Something about the pretty mare relaxed him, and made him nervous at the same time. As he explained how he came to be so wounded the stallion's eyes glazed over slightly as he thought of the beating he had been given thanks to that twisted evil brat. Her kind face creased in a look that surprised him slightly.

A smile grew over his face as she spoke causing him to bob his masculine head in agreement. The dove surprised him again with her kind words, "Thank you Miss Nayati. I did not just hand out respect to spoiled brats like that king was supposed to be." He watched the dainty bodice rise from the ground he noticed how much he towered over her. She was a small and fragile creature; even though her young body was laced with scars she still captivated his strong heart. When the dragon took flight he watched as leathery wings spread and lapped easily at the pleasantly warm air. Rathunax was just as graceful as his mistress soaring easily past them. An odd but soothing clinging sound drew his gaze back to Nayati, and he noticed her flowing alabaster locks as well as the assortment of trinkets there. maybe he would ask her about them later.

The scarlet dragon chirped like a bird as he flew back to the doe with herbs in his beak like mouth. Daemyn watched curiously as she picked up the odd smelling herbs and chewed them. As she approached his heart beat harder unable to help the excitement boiling under his pelt. Bracing himself the brute waited with baited breath. The herbs stung as her warm muzzle gently pressed it into his wounds. Rathunax used his own body to help the mare smooth the poultice onto his broken flesh. The mixture soon sank in the burning slowly fading as it began the healing process. Smiling softly he watched the mare wipe her pretty muzzle clean.

Smiling softly as she spoke he dipped his handsome face allowing his thunder to roll again, "I really appreciate this Miss Nayati and Sir Rathunax." He thought for a moment on how she could help and how he could repay her. Then her words about a herd sunk in, "Maybe you could help me, by telling me about your herd and I would like to speak to your leaders." He smiled shyly down at the mare and her red winged lizard. 'Surely any king she respects should be at least given a chance.'

Deep insde I know what am worth, A life of my own
alteredego @ flickr | subtlepatterns.com | larfsalot @ deviantart
[Image: daemyn_by_poolpaw-d8dwmiw.png] [Image: mato__by_silver_dreamer_mist-d9bez85.png]
Please tag Daemyn!

Outcast

Lingering suspicions were confirmed on a wave of deeply toned lyrics and a winsome smile, and the soft-spoken mare let her own snow kissed lips turn heavenwards to know he was new to the land she had fallen in love with. It had taken time surely, and many trials had broken her down before she had found peace, but the speckled maiden fervently hoped he would find the same beauty that would hopefully keep his hooves rooted forever on Helovia's soil. Though pale face turned towards the blossoms surrounding bloodless hooves at his respectful title, deeming herself unworthy of it. "You are too kind to call me as such, Daemyn, I am hardly deserving of such a lofty formality. Nayati is fine. Though I am happy to welcome you to Helovia then," she chimed, ruby eyes warm as they gazed upon the gentle beast laid prone before her own harmless frame.

It was not she who was the recipient of the humble following words that dripped like black honey from the steed's kissers. Rathunax puffed up at such equality shining through the respectful, formally crafted words. Bloody, ivory toothed maw opened and beautiful dragon song poured forth in thanks and recognition, wrapping around the equine pair like a shimmering gossamer veil of music. It dissolved into a happy purring sound, and Rathunax dove from Nayati's withers to circle the handsome spotted stallion, hesitating only to allow Daemyn the time to reject him before alighting upon strong hindquarters. Peering at the stallion with friendly, amused fire-and-brimstone eyes. Rathunax certainly liked this fellow. Nayati laughed, her bonded's emotions washing over her in strong waves of influence as the dragon pressed upon her the utter importance of befriending this amazing stag. Nayati rolled her eyes internally; you just like him because he treats you like a king, she chided amusedly. Not that the dracon had much to worry about, she was rather charmed by the gentle beast.

With Rathunax happily roosted upon Daemyn's withers, Nayati turned attention back to the silver threaded tale spun by the warrior before her. "Such an arrogant king is undeserving of a warrior such as you," she stated primly, decisively. Rathunax growled his agreement, peering around Daemyn to gaze at his bonded, a measure of worry in his breast. But Nayati was not fearful of the gentle stag, and it was exhilarating to feel such. The size difference normally would have her shrinking away in terror, but how could she? Daemyn was patient and gentle, Nayati found herself joyously relaxed and even enjoying herself, speaking with him. Rathunax chirped happily to feel such things spilling from her end of their bond, pride causing a shuffle of wigs and lift of crimson crown. Daemyn had certainly won his hard-earned friendship, at least.

As such he was reluctant to seek out the necessary herbs, but a little prodding from Nayati had him grumbling in understanding and obeying. It wasn't a terribly tricky process, but certainly one that had Nayati's lips trembling and eyes firmly set upon each sound in flustered embarrassment. Daemyn thanked her and she lifted her newly cleaned kissers to smile back at him from beneath a curtain of alabaster tresses that fell before her eyes shyly. "I'm glad we could help," she simpered, Rathunax returning to her with a pinch of claws and a familiar weight upon her pale withers, cooing to the stag in agreement, clearly proud of the fact that he had helped. Further help was latched upon eagerly as Daemyn proposed it, her soul one crafted around the desire to aid every lost and helpless creature that crossed her path.

"I live in the World's Edge, a herd that promotes peace but defends those preyed upon with the vigor of soldiers trained beneath Captains whose names are known throughout Helovia. Kaj the Storm Bringer is my King, fair and just in my experiences with him, and Kahlua the Sun Shower my Queen, friendly and benevolent to all. It is a herd that is more family than anything, and I have lived in half the herds that exist here in Helovia. I can take you to them, if you'd like?" Shyly she gazes up at the looming steed, smile tentative but eager, hopeful. Perhaps he would seek to return home with her?

--

No worries! And yes they are! <3

"Speech 'Wonderings' Words: 676 @[Nayati] OOC: Could you start a post in the Edge please? :)
Daemyn
His own lips continued to tilt upwards as she spoke to him. Daemyn hoped he had not crossed some strange line by calling her 'miss'; it was just a formality he had been raised with. His home herd had been all about manners. Ma'am, miss, and sir were words said to every one, even if you were the same age. It was not meant to signify age or rank, just that you had manners and respect for your family. He stood quietly watching the pair just enjoying the friendly company.

What the dragon did next as he spoke surprised him. The song that bubbled forth from the red toothy muzzle was marvelous. He watched the scaly beast in awe, how could a creature that looked so fierce sound so sweet. Mesmerized the snow flecked stallion's purple eyes gazed shifted between lizard and mare. Intelligent eyes followed Rathunax's flight above him. Bracing his strong wide back he nickered softly to him allowing the scarlet dragon to perch upon himself. His talons were sharp but gentle as his weight descended upon his muscular hips. Turning his strong thick neck towards Rathunax he smiled back. How many more surprises and jewels did this land hold in store for him? Daemyn extended his refined muzzle curiously to Rathunax. His sent was odd, cool, but ho, friendly, but dangerous. The stallion could feel the power under his scaly shield. Nayati's warm laughter caused his eyebrows to raise slightly. "Can he speak to you?" His voice dripped with curiosity as it rumbled away from him. He did not know anything about the connection they held, which made him want to learn everything he could about them.

Rathunax 's weight was pleasant and welcoming as he crawled forward along his own stout body. Sweet vocals drew his eyes towards Nayati again. Her words sent a small shiver down his spine, hopefully Rathunax would not be able to feel it. Praise was a stranger to the stud's ears. Harks swiveled to the side shyly as he spoke in a slightly quivering voice, "Thank you Mi... I mean Nayati that means a lot coming from such a noble healer as yourself." Love was lost upon the large male, but if he had been aware of what it felt like this meeting might be different. He had no idea how to flirt, or how to seduce mares, if the stallion did he would indeed be a lady killer. The dragon upon his withers growled drawing his ears back up swiveling for danger, until he realized he was agreeing with his bonded. It was odd how the creature could make so many different sounds.

Shifting his own mass carefully the pendant around his thick neck thumped lightly against his chest. Smiling softly he watched the crimson spotted mare. He was baffled at the way he felt around her, she was welcoming and kind. 'It takes a lot of bravery to help a stranger.' Soft thoughts swam lazily around he brain until her voice prodded them gently away. His wounds were now cleaned and dressed, stinging slightly as the plants went to work. The doe's hair fell dreamily over kind shy eyes. Or was he mistaking the look in her eyes for shyness when it was really something else.

He listened intently hanging onto every words she said about her family. They way her lyrics softened made him long to be within a family again. Daemyn was not someone that could live alone, his heart cried for others. Her last words made his handsome head tilt slightly as he pretended to think on her proposition. His smile was warm and playfully as he gazed down on her pretty, scared frame. His voice echoed the eagerness she felt, even though he did not know that, "I would be honored to meet your family. Maybe you can tell me a little bit more about this strange land and the wonders it holds as we travel?" Feeling slightly nervous again he moved towards her ready to set off when she was.

Deep insde I know what am worth, A life of my own
alteredego @ flickr | subtlepatterns.com | larfsalot @ deviantart
Please tag Daemyn!