the Rift

[OPEN] I Think I Like The Pain [Joining]

Jakar Posts: 14
Aurora Basin Phantom atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.0 :: 5 :: Tallsun HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Vitani :: Plain Hellhound :: Acid Adoptable

My attention drifted away from the blue striped mare who had been the first to arrive as she seemed to blur into the background in silence with the arrival of the Lady and the Lord of these frozen parts. I appreciated her quick reply to my beckoning, but it was disheartening to see how quickly she had allowed herself to be pushed into the back, but maybe she just wasn't as social of a creature as I had hoped. Dark harks flicked forwards as ocean blue eyes pulled away from the midnight stained mare and rather settled easily between the Lord and Lady as they had introduced themselves. So far the Lady seemed to be the more...welcoming of the two as the Lord hadn't added too much in word-wise, but surely that would come with time. And even if it didn't I wouldn't be too injured as I planned on moving forward with my search for the varnished creature as quickly as possible.
“What services can you provide?” The darker stallion's deep gruff vocals traveled through the frigid air and to my eardrums where they met their final resting place. Pools quickly jumped to him as my onyx horned skull bobbed up and down in a nod before sooty kissers began to twitch in efforts to form words in reply to the dark stallion. "I have been trained in the art of tracking as soon as I was no longer dependent on my dam. If you are in need of a hunter, or even possibly a spy I would be more than willing to offer my talents." Our little gathering didn't remain silent for long after my own lyrics spilled into the brisk breeze that probably would have felt refreshing in any other part of the Helovian lands, but up here in the northern mountains it was almost like a heavy smack to the face. Luckily the Lady spoke up, her softer, much more feminine lyrics seemed to lighten the blow of the wind. "What do you search for, Jakar? I like to think that we of the Basin hold high talents in finding and taking that which is ours, and I myself know many outside our borders. Perhaps your task would benefit from these?" I almost wanted to flinch, or retch at the sweetness at in the gold marked mare's lyrics. It was such an unusual sound to my eardrums that were used to the harshness of my father's voice whenever he spoke down on me for breathing the wrong way. "I search for a mare, she goes by the name of Snö. I do not know if she resides in any herd, or if she is even still in the lands of Helovia. But I will find her.."
Dark rimmed harks flicked forwards as my ebony tresses smacked against my ankles and the Lady began to speak once more. "There are caves for respite throughout the land, and a pool of earth heated water to ease the chill in one’s bones against, but the winds are demure within the walls of stone that guard us, and the snow will be much less than that in the mountains. It is mostly growing accustomed to the travels through the rest of the northland that one worries about here." My white splashed skull dropped as a slight chuckle escaped from between slightly parted kissers at the mare's words, clearly it was much more obvious I was not made for these cold winds than I had originally hoped. Again, I prayed to whatever god was around to listen that it wouldn't take too long for the thick winter coat to sprout from my hair follicles so I wouldn't freeze while waiting for them. "I'm hoping my winter coat will come in a little faster now that I find myself in temperatures much lower than I had been expecting. But your home, or what I can see of it from here, is stunning." A smile tugged at the corners of my sooty velvets as I looked up at the gold painted mare while I waited for the verdict from the pair of them.

"words."
Tag;; @[Deimos]
Words;; 693
OOC;; Nessie, if you still feel like posting go ahead, I just don't want this thread to last forever.

Jakar
here's to a long line of sinners like me
x - x

Messages In This Thread
I Think I Like The Pain [Joining] - by Jakar - 08-12-2014, 06:42 PM
RE: I Think I Like The Pain [Joining] - by Sialia - 08-12-2014, 08:32 PM
RE: I Think I Like The Pain [Joining] - by Deimos - 08-13-2014, 07:40 AM
RE: I Think I Like The Pain [Joining] - by Illynx - 08-15-2014, 06:27 AM
RE: I Think I Like The Pain [Joining] - by Jakar - 08-15-2014, 08:23 AM
RE: I Think I Like The Pain [Joining] - by Deimos - 09-13-2014, 03:59 PM
RE: I Think I Like The Pain [Joining] - by Illynx - 09-17-2014, 08:26 AM
RE: I Think I Like The Pain [Joining] - by Jakar - 09-19-2014, 07:42 PM