the Rift

Eat up
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Dinner is ready, but the cactus needs salt; pass both please– mind you don’t spill it because that would be unlucky. You’d have to toss a bit over your shoulder. Did you remember to wash up? I couldn’t hear the water running. Show me your hands. No, that just won’t do. One is still stained, go see it cleaned in the basin. How was school today? Did you get in trouble for bullying? For spitting? For biting? No? It’s good that you’ve settled down.

Aurora Basin: 2/4
World’s Edge: 0/3
Dragon’s Throat: 2/2
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Morir Posts: 79
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 6.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 4 HP: 54 | Buff: NOVICE
Arwydd :: Raven :: None Adoptable
Morir is not interested and walks away

Dinner is ready, but the cactus needs salt; pass both please– Cacti have thorns, could be a horn reference. Salt can refer to his glowing marking

mind you don’t spill it because that would be unlucky. You’d have to toss a bit over your shoulder. This is a superstition, which Morir is

Did you remember to wash up? I couldn’t hear the water running. If you cannot hear, you are lacking a sense, which Morir does - he is blind.

Show me your hands. No, that just won’t do. One is still stained, go see it cleaned in the basin. How was school today? Did you get in trouble for bullying? For spitting? For biting? No? It’s good that you’ve settled down. Morir just finished a rather brutal spar with a member of the Aurora Basin, quite close to bullying.

♦ Please tag Morir in all replies! 
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Walk as far as it pleases you Morir -- you are unwanted.

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
Sacre protects Voodoo

Cactus - Throat
Spilling salt is considered a bad omen - Voodoo?
Couldn't hear water running - Throat
School, bullying refs - Voodoo used to live in the Basin as a kid
Settled down - Voodoo has now settled down in the Throat

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather
Deimos blocks Aithniel.

Dinner is ready, but the cactus needs salt; pass both please [Cactus could be a reference to her prior home in the Dragon’s Throat. Salt could ref. her white coloring.

– mind you don’t spill it because that would be unlucky. You’d have to toss a bit over your shoulder. Did you remember to wash up? I couldn’t hear the water running. Show me your hands. No, that just won’t do.
One is still stained, go see it cleaned in the basin. [Basin ref. to Basin member. Dirty hands could ref. her wings, especially as a member of the Basin.

How was school today? Did you get in trouble for bullying? For spitting? For biting? No? It’s good that you’ve settled down. [Ref. to her age, possible School Bells thread, and overall personality.]
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Neither are sought. Voodoo and Aithniel are safe.

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather
Deimos protects Erebos.

Dinner is ready, but the cactus needs salt; pass both please [Cactus could be horn ref.]

– mind you don’t spill it because that would be unlucky. You’d have to toss a bit over your shoulder. Did you remember to wash up? [Has a white skull marking along his withers/shoulder.]

I couldn’t hear the water running. Show me your hands. No, that just won’t do. [Water walking magic.]

One is still stained, go see it cleaned in the basin.- Aurora Basin ref.

How was school today? Did you get in trouble for bullying? For spitting? For biting? No? It’s good that you’ve settled down. - Foal, received instruction in School Bells thread.
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Unwanted

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
Sacre protects himself.

Dinner is ready, but the cactus needs salt; - Dragons Throat Reference
Mind you don’t spill it because that would be unlucky. You’d have to toss a bit over your shoulder. - Sacre means "Sacred" and is also apart of the French profanity Sacre Bleu.
Did you remember to wash up? I couldn’t hear the water running. - Dehydration magic? Throat reference.
One is still stained, go see it cleaned in the basin. - Red 'stain' marking. Used to be apart of the Aurora Basin. He is also one of two (twin), Roux lives in the Basin.
It’s good that you’ve settled down. - after travelling as an outcast for a while, finally settled in the Throat. Gained a position.

All the child references/youthful tone could also relate to his young age.

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
The sleuth is unwanted. However, I have been watching one of your spears: Dalibor was sought.

Dinner is ready, but the cactus needs salt; pass both please– mind you don’t spill it because that would be unlucky. You’d have to toss a bit over your shoulder. – This is two clues in one. Cactus is a Dragon’s Throat ref, because to the best of my knowledge the only place that cactus readily grows is in Dragon’s Throat. On the salt part; Dalibor has a black and white mane/tail, the salt is a color ref for the white in his mane – tossing a bit over the shoulder was to help highlight the white in his mane.

Did you remember to wash up? I couldn’t hear the water running. Show me your hands. – Fluff, but it helps tie in the clue below.

No, that just won’t do. One is still stained, go see it cleaned in the basin. – This is also two clues in one. The first part, “one is still stained” is a marking ref, Dalibor has one stained hoof, while the other three are solid black. This is also a minor history clue, because he also has a history that is heavily stained with drama and death – a past he’s been running from for years and trying to was clean.

How was school today? – Fluff

Did you get in trouble for bullying? For spitting? For biting? – This a duty ref, he is a spear and has spent the better part of his life training and battling as a warrior or as a hired mercenary – seeking revenge from Paladin at an early age and thus losing his mate and unborn child.

No? It’s good that you’ve settled down - he arrived in Heloiva without a true goal, ready to settle in and end the killing. He chose to settle in Dragon's Throat.

OOC: According to the treaty that Hidden Falls and Dragon's Throat has, even if this stealth was to pass, the Throat would get to keep Dalibor :)

Blu the Bootyful Posts: 443
Administrator atk: 99 | def: 99 | dam: 99
Mare :: Other :: 5'7" :: 25 HP: 99999 | Buff: TWERK
Blu
PASS

Dinner is ready, but the cactus needs salt; pass both please– mind you don’t spill it because that would be unlucky. You’d have to toss a bit over your shoulder. – This is two clues in one. Cactus is a Dragon’s Throat ref, because to the best of my knowledge the only place that cactus readily grows is in Dragon’s Throat. On the salt part; Dalibor has a black and white mane/tail, the salt is a color ref for the white in his mane – tossing a bit over the shoulder was to help highlight the white in his mane.
+1| [Herd ref] pretty straightforward that cactus = Dragon's Throat.
0| [Color ref] hmm, this one is difficult, because the way the clue is offered, it's got me thinking of a personality ref about a character that is superstitious or wary. If there was more to guide me to think of this as color, or more colors involved, then this would have been a positive.

Did you remember to wash up? I couldn’t hear the water running. Show me your hands. – Fluff, but it helps tie in the clue below.

No, that just won’t do. One is still stained, go see it cleaned in the basin. – This is also two clues in one. The first part, “one is still stained” is a marking ref, Dalibor has one stained hoof, while the other three are solid black. This is also a minor history clue, because he also has a history that is heavily stained with drama and death – a past he’s been running from for years and trying to was clean.
+1| [Color ref] this one was easier to get than the salt one because hands, which horses clearly don't have, automatically make me consider the hooves, or as with your second clue, a metaphorical hand. I still wouldn't consider this a strong clue but I think it was definitely clear and able to be solved.
0| [History ref] again I like the idea behind this clue, but it doesn't quite get me to the answer. As is it's a bit too vague for this reference, but had you mentioned something like 'stained with blood' then I would have better understood to consider history or personality.

Did you get in trouble for bullying? For spitting? For biting? – This a duty ref, he is a spear and has spent the better part of his life training and battling as a warrior or as a hired mercenary – seeking revenge from Paladin at an early age and thus losing his mate and unborn child.
+1| [Rank ref] this clue I thought was pretty good and pretty direct.

No? It’s good that you’ve settled down - he arrived in Heloiva without a true goal, ready to settle in and end the killing. He chose to settle in Dragon's Throat.
0| [Personality ref] so torn, because although I think this can be a good clue, again it doesn't quite take me to think about the answer. This if anything seems to suggest a peaceful character, rather than a wayward character finding his roots, just because of the way it was offered with all the other clues, and lack of expansion with this clue. For instance if something about 'home' was added into this clue I think it would have been more plausible.

3/3 necessary to pass

Overall you had a lot of clues right on the cusp of counting, but always just barely fell short of, to me at least, being able to be solved. There is always this fine line of trying to give away enough information, but not too much. I do pride you in not having any misleading or confusing clues, and I like you throw off clue by innocently mentioning basin in one of the lines. Overall a great job.

p.s. That treaty your herds have is awesome :o
 HP: 1100

Helovia Hard Mode

Odd the doer of things Posts: 115
Administrator atk: 23 | def: 42 | dam: 108
Mare :: Other :: 5"2 :: 27 HP: 108 | Buff: badass
Odd

+1| Herd reference
0| Appearance: This would have been a -1, if he wasn't a roan. "over the shoulder" is extremely specific. I would have accepted this if he had white on his withers, or if the last part of his mane was white (Like Midas' is).

+1| Apperance ref. Good.
-1 | Misleading: Referencing the Basin, at least for me, seemed to suggest he was from the Basin.
0| History: Stained here is too ambiguous for me, to relate to his past in any way.

+1| I'm giving you a point here, but let me explain. If he wasn't listed as a bitter character, I would have deducted points. Just because one is a fighter (Think of Midas or Gaucho), you wouldn't think of them as bully's, would you? Or spitters? So in that sense, it didn't suggest that he was a warrior, more that he was an asshole. Which, given that his profile says he's "Brooding | Vengeful | Brusque | Bitter" I'll accept.

0| His profile still describes him as a wanderer, so without knowing any other history, I don't see how he's settled down. As Blu mentioned, if you'd referenced a 'home', that would have definitely worked.

Only 2 for me, so a fail overall.

Sevin the Sucky, I mean are you a # or vacuum? Posts: 161
OOC Account
Mare :: Other :: 5'5" :: 25
Sevin
+1- Cactus reference
0- Color ref. With the clues revealed I can see how this was color ref, but before hand I was a little loss and was thinking this was more of a personality reference to a superstitious character.

+1- hoof reference
-1- Basin reference. My own personal opinion was that this was clever, but the rules state nothing obviously misleading.
0- History reference. I think this was better left as just a visual clue.

+1- Personality/job reference. Good for me.

0- This was kind of vague and open for me. Basically any character in a herd could have been considered to have 'settled down'.

2/3 from me, fail.