the Rift

Objects May Be Closer [Open/All]

Far Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
How quickly the beast had begun to gorge himself. How suddenly he’d felt the oncoming drowsiness of a meal well undertaken, his lids drooping over his amber-ringed pupils. He had begun to drift off where he stood, a single hind-foot tilted as he balanced and dozed. But suddenly, mouth still half-full, he blinked awake. A sound called his attentive ears--the only part of his body that had remained vigilant—and he snorted awake, his eyes blinking open. A voice...

There, but a few yards away, stood a mare of much the same hue as himself, save for the lightness of her tresses. Above her, lying on her head, another creature. At first, it appeared to simply be a lizard of some sort... but with closer inspection, he found it was one of the kind he hadn’t seen up close but had heard of. The sight frightened him. He gave a startled cry, the grass falling from his lips, his eyes whaling, showing their whites. He backed himself into a tree and got a decent bump for it. The pain of his head now transferred to his arse.

"G-GOOD GODS YOU’VE A—“ He couldn’t actually say it for some reason. The word wouldn’t come. In the meantime, the chestnut mare with the strange orange creature on her back had drifted closer and was but a few feet away in the time it had taken him to just wake up. He attempted to continue backing up until his body was almost parallel to the tree. "A—A THING! ON YOUR BACK! …A-ARE YOU QUITE SERIOUS, THEN?” His head bobbed once and his locks flew wildly. He shivered, rather visibly disturbed. Perhaps the thing was capable of controlling her… mind control? Was it possible? Did they… were they capable of--? Well, they were powerful... from everything he'd heard, anyway...

“I-I don’t mean to alarm you but I… I’m strong! I-I’m strong and I’m v-v-v-very d-dangerous and you certainly wouldn’t—I say, WOULD NOT--like me when I’m angry and… I-I-I can hurt you. I don’t want to, madame, but I will be forced to do so if you—f-f-force me t-to...” He tried in vain to seem a bit less terrified by puffing his chest out and pulling his head up to seem bigger and more er... powerful. It wasn’t quite working…

“Just d-don’t move! I might get that thing off if you don’t move!” He said, still not moving from his own spot. Bluffing like mad, the poor boy didn't even remotely have the upper hand against a creature that undoubtedly spat fire and/or any other element at him. But then, he was always willing to try for a pretty lady... the fool...

Evangeline

Messages In This Thread
Objects May Be Closer [Open/All] - by Far - 08-15-2014, 11:18 PM
RE: Objects May Be Closer [Open/All] - by Far - 08-19-2014, 10:37 AM
RE: Objects May Be Closer [Open/All] - by Ciceron - 08-19-2014, 06:17 PM
RE: Objects May Be Closer [Open/All] - by Far - 08-19-2014, 09:31 PM
RE: Objects May Be Closer [Open/All] - by Ciceron - 08-19-2014, 10:05 PM
RE: Objects May Be Closer [Open/All] - by Rei - 08-20-2014, 12:41 AM
RE: Objects May Be Closer [Open/All] - by Far - 08-20-2014, 10:50 PM