the Rift

Emissary Encounters

Cineviam Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Theatricality and deception are powerful agents.
You must become more than just a man
in the mind of your opponent

Cineviam had not met the she-wolf creature and therefore he would reserve making an opinion about her staying in the World’s Edge until he had that pleasure. A lone wolf would have an extremely difficult time trying to bring down a healthy, full grown unicorn. If anyone should be worried about safety, it should be the mother’s-to-be, but if the she-wolf had Mauja’s stamp of approval then he didn’t see why anyone should be concerned or opposed. After all, the ice king managed to find a way to control that beast with a leash.

The purpose of the meeting soon became clear as Mauja delved into the issue of the empty ranks. It was a subject the cinder beast had been both eagerly looking forward to and dreading. Until now, he had been very indecisive on the matter, which was out of character and it left him a little unhinged. Still, he refused to jump the gun, politely waiting his turn while his herd mates took turns choosing the rank they wished.

Waited, listened and watched with judgemental eyes.

He thought some were well-suited to the rank they chose, others he would just have to wait and see. A large Percheron, whose black coat was unbroken by white markings – Lloyd, he remembered suddenly – seemed to be as indecisive as Cineviam but had no trouble voicing his uncertain stance. The black behemoth also asserted that he doubted any equine would get past him and Cineviam had to bite on his mottled tongue before he remarked that he was positive Aurelius could squirt right by from beneath. Instead of relentlessly clawing her way into some chief position, the mare with blossoms in her hair decided to step down. Granted, the warrior position was not one for a pregnant mare but one would think a bun in the oven could possibly elevate one’s station (to a queen perhaps) if a mare was scheming enough. He couldn’t argue that her chosen path was important too. Apparently, Korra could and he had to give Lotus credit for standing her ground.

Mauja, ever the diplomat quickly put the issue to rest – for now.

The king was back in control and organizing them into groups and while Cineviam would like to have a hoof in most of them, he knew it was time to make a decision. Shocking to some, he found himself among the likes of Lena, Ricciardo, and Aurelius. He returned the polite gesture the teacup sized stallion had afforded him earlier in the meeting; he dipped his head in a familiar manner first to Aurelius who he had seen on a couple significant occasions for the Edge, then to Lena who was also a part of the rescue sno mission. He couldn’t recall if he ever learned her name. Then his ember-eyes finally landed on Ricciardo and continued to smolder on the chestnut stallion. Not only did Cineviam not know this one’s name, he was positive he had never seen him before either.

Lena unglued his gaze from the stranger with her question and Cineviam fixed his bloody eyes on Mauja instead. The king’s eyes had turned opal-like in hue since the beginning of the meeting; they seemed to glisten and glint without the need of light. The sunlight was gone and the moon had not risen yet, there were only the stars. However, cinder beast was more interested in finding out if Mauja would accept him as an Emissary and what the spotted stallion had to say, hungry for a task before his brains went to mush from boredom.

i.cineviam
ii.unicorn
iii.6 years
iv.edge stallion
v.created by blu
vi.adopted by taurus

((Hopefully it doesn't seem like I cut it short, which I did... I had just scratched the surface of what I wanted to write but since I was playing catch up since I missed a round in the herd meeting it was already long and I figured I could always add in the other stuff as this thread continues xD))

Messages In This Thread
Emissary Encounters - by Mauja - 08-29-2012, 09:42 AM
RE: Emissary Encounters - by Aurelius - 08-29-2012, 10:47 AM
RE: Emissary Encounters - by Ricciardo - 08-29-2012, 10:54 AM
RE: Emissary Encounters - by Lena - 08-29-2012, 06:53 PM
RE: Emissary Encounters - by Cineviam - 08-30-2012, 02:40 AM
RE: Emissary Encounters - by Mauja - 09-07-2012, 03:03 PM