the Rift

Pile of Phantasms

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina

The white stallion spoke the importance of being a Phantasm, and Dell tried her best to take it all in. This would be her job. A purpose, a rank in this herd of unicorns.
She nodded as he spoke his last words, and watched him leave. Now she was all alone with Faelene.
The mare turned her head to the unicorn beside her, and listened to the words she spoke when the stallion had left.
"Believe me, they will come." Sure, but she didn't have any for now.

Dell turned her whole body towards Faelene, to concentrate more on her new teammate. Her horn shone as always, and shone a bit brighter since the sunset had been beaten down by the late evening. Sometimes this purple-ish light embarrassed her, and she wished it would just go away, but not evenings like this. It was helpful in the darkness, even though she saw perfectly fine without the light.
The blue orbs came in contact with Faelene's, and listened. 'No, not like this', she thought.
"Never like this. I used to fight - mostly to keep me sane and alive," the mare said, and glanced the way that her teammate looked. The warriors.

The black Friesian sighed a bit, and looked back at the unicorn next to her, just to catch her looking over her body. Dell's coat wasn't usual, so she was used to strange looks by now. The white markings placed on the purple-toned, black coat weren't something usual at all...
Though the question that Faelene asked her surprised her a bit. Mostly because no-one had ever asked her that.
"Is that a mark of magic?"
Delinne smiled, but the smile faded as she spoke.
"There's no magic in these markings," she said, watching her friend with a calm look. Then she continued with a bit of sorrow in her voice.
"I was born during a lightning storm, and my father thought I got these markings just to show that I was just as strong as the bolts that crossed the sky that night. But I actually don't know what they mean."
She remembered the stories about her dead mother, and that it was her fault. Atleast that's what the youngsters in the herd had told her through her childhood.
They all blamed her for the death of Greyskie, except for her father that didn't care at all about her mother. He hadn't even loved her, the sick bastard.

Dell looked Faelene in the eyes, and then at her body. The unusual color on her mane and tail made a question appear in her head.
"How come you have such hair if you have a black body?"
Her head was tilted as she spoke the question, and she watched the mare. It was a fair question, since she had asked about her markings.

Word count: 473

((OOC: Omg... I'm so sorry D:))

Walk, walk, walk.
"Talk, talk, talk."
Think, think, think.

Messages In This Thread
Pile of Phantasms - by Mauja - 08-29-2012, 09:47 AM
RE: Pile of Phantasms - by Faelene - 08-31-2012, 12:00 AM
RE: Pile of Phantasms - by Delinne - 08-31-2012, 12:27 AM
RE: Pile of Phantasms - by Mauja - 09-01-2012, 05:47 AM
RE: Pile of Phantasms - by Faelene - 09-04-2012, 11:09 PM
RE: Pile of Phantasms - by Delinne - 09-07-2012, 01:58 PM